997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Here comes my car!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:50 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Here comes my Car!! (good links included in thread)

Those guys on Bimmerfest are right on top of things (thanks for the link Larry). Anyway, my car was built on 3/3 and left Germany on 3/9 on the vessel Green Cove. Yesterday it went thru the Panama Canal - check out the webcam picture! Quite fun tracking my ship for the past month thru all the different webistes available. It arrives in San Diego on 4/6 (then on to Washington State). Just thought for those of you waiting, you'd like to see one of the resources available for your long wait.

See my post below for websites for tracking.

Attached Images  

Last edited by gretapass; 03-29-2008 at 08:14 PM. Reason: add to title
Old 03-29-2008, 06:54 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
That's pretty cool...the wait for delivery is intolerable!

Old 03-29-2008, 06:54 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
wow greta!!! cool picture!!!! that's sooo exciting that you can watch the entire process! i'm getting so exited for you and i can only imagine the look on your face when you watch it come off the truck!!

Old 03-29-2008, 06:55 PM
gobble is infamous around these parts
You're very lucky. I had a similar wait but only a Mini came off the boat for me.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:12 PM
FSU-997TT is infamous around these parts
Very cool find! That's great!!!! Only a few more days......

Old 03-29-2008, 07:12 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Congratulations. One more step closer to your baby!
Would you please post URL of web site that has the web cam of Panama Canal?
Also, how did you find the exact time of your boat passing the canal so you could check the web cam at the right time?
Thank you.

Originally Posted by gretapass
Those guys on Bimmerfest are right on top of things (thanks for the link Larry). Anyway, my car was built on 3/3 and left Germany on 3/9 on the vessel Green Cove. Yesterday it went thru the Panama Canal - check out the webcam picture! Quite fun tracking my ship for the past month thru all the different webistes available. It arrives in San Diego on 4/6 (then on to Washington State). Just thought for those of you waiting, you'd like to see one of the resources available for your long wait.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:05 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Here is the sequence of tracking that I know:

Clicking on this link will show the vehicle carriers leaving Bremerhaven, destined for Port Hueneme:

http://www.dbh.de/index.php?id=151&L...080403&menu=VC

then, clicking on this link will track the vessel until it gets out into the Atlantic:
www.vesseltracker.com

Clicking on this link will give you the vessel schedules and information when the are expected to arrive and transit through the Panama Canal:

http://www.boydsteamship.com/daily_traffic_report.htm

The webcam for the Panama canal is: http://webcams.pancanal.com/

Clicking on this link will give you schedule of boat arrivals in San Diego:

http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/

Here is another on the Port in San Diego which shows slightly different schedule (not sure which is most accurate):
http://www.portofhueneme.org/documen...0328150428.pdf

Have fun! keep us posted. All your friends and family will think you are INSANE if you tell them you are doing this

Old 03-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by FSU-997TT
Very cool find! That's great!!!! Only a few more days......
Actually will still be 3-4 more weeks believe it or not! Arrives in SD on 4/6, then wait for a truck, then drive to Washington....now to figure out how to track the truck!

Old 03-29-2008, 08:08 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
greta,

you could make a fun trip out of it! fly down to san diego and drive the new beauty back up to seattle! hehe!

Old 03-29-2008, 08:10 PM
^^^^ Jody, if they let me do that , you can bet I would. Unfortunately it must go to the dealer you ordered it from and they have to check the diagnostics, etc. before delivery. And oh yea, they want a check from me too

Old 03-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Mister PINK is infamous around these parts
I am glad to see we can track the cars from another country via a boat thru a canal but CANT seem to have anyway of finding out more about clients 1 thru 8! LOL.

Cool.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Subbie is infamous around these parts
Your in the short grass now! Hopefully it will be great weather when it rolls into town for you to enjoy. Do you have wonderful roads up there to enjoy your new baby?

Old 03-29-2008, 09:25 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Wheels

Hey Subbie !

What Wheels Are Those On Your Tt ?

Old 03-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Not so many great roads in Washington, but a few. May have to take some long trips to the grocery store (in California - LOL). Subbie, post a pic of those wheels - I would like to see too.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:47 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Won't be long now!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here comes my car!!