997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

help ECU upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 07:09 AM
MKS
MKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Porsh997TT
i'm running techart exhaust and about to get cold air intake and possibly IPD plenum..do you still have your TT? what mods do you have on it?
have the EVT610 and it made a huge difference but you can always start with an ECU flash plus a drop in filter from BMC cuz you wont really need a whole intake now and while you're there order the ipd plenum and the valves from EVO cuz thats what im getting next for about $1500 plus shipping

Old 04-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Got your PM and will respond. Thanks!

Old 04-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
ruf got high quality but they also got some exaggerated pricing list! i met one guy in Qatar and he paid over $42,000 to reach 600hp ruf stage III!!
damn for 25k i can get him worked turbos, software, intercoolers, headers cats and mufflers and have him lay down 600hp to the wheels from speedart.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
For 25K I would do what GMP said and walk around with you 12 hours a day saying how cool you are

Old 04-02-2008, 09:02 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
damn for 25k i can get him worked turbos, software, intercoolers, headers cats and mufflers and have him lay down 600hp to the wheels from speedart.
But your site says quotes $33K for SpeedArt's 600HP kit...and it doesn't include intercoolers or clutch.

If you consider $33K, add clutch, installation, and warranty, and compare to RUF's 600HP conversion at $45K, it doesn't seem too far off.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Porsh997TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bbywu
But your site says quotes $33K for SpeedArt's 600HP kit...and it doesn't include intercoolers or clutch.

If you consider $33K, add clutch, installation, and warranty, and compare to RUF's 600HP conversion at $45K, it doesn't seem too far off.

Bobby, there is logic behind your talk and i think that ruf come with a warranty that will cover any damages cuzed by any of their installed parts. branding, warranty and good hp! dunno if 120 hps would cost this much usualy but i would never pay this much for 120hp.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:00 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
Bobby, there is logic behind your talk and i think that ruf come with a warranty that will cover any damages cuzed by any of their installed parts. branding, warranty and good hp! dunno if 120 hps would cost this much usualy but i would never pay this much for 120hp.
Another thing to consider is that Ruf's HP claims are usually under-exaggerated. I have the euro price list for the Ruf parts, ECU/intake is less than 5000 euro (might be less in Bahrain).

Old 04-03-2008, 01:07 AM
Porsh997TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mishref
Another thing to consider is that Ruf's HP claims are usually under-exaggerated. I have the euro price list for the Ruf parts, ECU/intake is less than 5000 euro (might be less in Bahrain).
umm i doubt it!! everything in the Gulf region is multiplied by @$#%TY@$..imagnie if the BMW X5 price increased $25000 since june 07! claiming the Euro has increased...ill be going to Bahrain today for the formula, i might take my tt in a raod trip and pass by ruf when there.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute

When the dealer says that the stock power is 480HP on the sticker is it wheel horespower or crank? I have a feeling this is crank. and yes its now 33k lol damn euro keeps going up, I sold this kit last november or December and it was 25k, back when the euro was 1.3 or so.

Another note, it doesn't say on our site that intercoolers are included, however you can can evenly exchange your factory turbos for intercoolers at no additional cost. I will be adding this to the site today.