997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Completed production delay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:04 PM
eyesurg is infamous around these parts
Completed production delay?

My car was completed on 3/17 but is still not on a ship! Does anyone have an idea why it's taking so long to get on a vessel?
thanks

Old 04-01-2008, 05:07 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
mine took 2 weeks give or take Jan.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:00 PM
shnapps is infamous around these parts
Mine got built in January and didn't arrive in Lexington until last week. (and then it was damaged...ended up not taking it) So, now I'm back on the waiting list. The wait is killer....

Old 04-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by shnapps
Mine got built in January and didn't arrive in Lexington until last week. (and then it was damaged...ended up not taking it) So, now I'm back on the waiting list. The wait is killer....
What kind of damage did you have? Where did it happen? I hope mine arrives intact.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:18 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by eyesurg
My car was completed on 3/17 but is still not on a ship! Does anyone have an idea why it's taking so long to get on a vessel?
thanks
Several factors come into play. Delivery to the Port of Embarkation by rail or truck. Availability of a ship scheduled for your Port of Entry. And the old bug-a-boo holidays. You had Easter holidays in your equation. My guess is it is on a ship as you read this.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
Several factors come into play. Delivery to the Port of Embarkation by rail or truck. Availability of a ship scheduled for your Port of Entry. And the old bug-a-boo holidays. You had Easter holidays in your equation. My guess is it is on a ship as you read this.
HUMMM 3 you are scarring me. I got a phone call less than an hour ago from my dealer. He said it was put on a ship yesterday but did not know the name of the vessel because the computor system was down!

Old 04-01-2008, 06:53 PM
shnapps is infamous around these parts
Some sort of damage to the front bumper. They had the entire thing re-painted. I was a little hesitant of this and at least wanted some conciliatory adjustment on price. They flat out refused. I had a better offer on a July build at another dealer so I took that.

Who knows where it happened. They were saying cars get damaged all the time and repaired with no one knowing. It's a risk we all take.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:08 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Mine took about a week to get on a vessel. Now you can start tracking and letting the anticipation really build! (See my post titled Here Comes my Car for links to tracking). Hopefully you will have a vessel name in a day or two. Congratulations! (My car arrives in San Diego this weekend then gets put on a truck to Washington - only a few weeks away now!)

Old 04-01-2008, 08:18 PM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Wink

Greta, I think you might see your car in less than 2 weeks. I live in SF and my car arrived in San Diego also but it only took 3 or 4 days to get to the dealership. Add a couple of days to that to get to Washington. I say its possible you could get your car 1 week after it hits port?

Old 04-01-2008, 08:25 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
These cars are treated like crap en route. When I took delivery and got her home I found a nick in the rear bumper, a nick in the rear driver seat leather bottom and a nick in the leather piece that covers the dash.

This is in addition to quality issues like dirt under the clear 3m type fender wrap on one side....ridiculous at the $50k level, never mind 150k.

Next time before I leave the dealer I will be going over it much harder! I suggest you guys waiting delivery do the same.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:27 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gradyex
Greta, I think you might see your car in less than 2 weeks. I live in SF and my car arrived in San Diego also but it only took 3 or 4 days to get to the dealership. Add a couple of days to that to get to Washington. I say its possible you could get your car 1 week after it hits port?
Oh man, you are getting me really excited now! The vessel either arrives on the 4th or the 6th (two websites for same port with different dates?). I will contact my dealer on the 4th to see what they know. They haven't heard from me for a month, so it is time! Thanks! I can't wait.