997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

RT12 and EvoMS GT700

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:12 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
RT12 and EvoMS GT700

Sorry, no pics of both cars together unfortunately. But during our recent run with the new GT2 (pics on GT2/3 forum), we were also joined by a 996TT with the full EvoMS GT700 setup:

While we didn't have any straight on head-to-head side-by-side run offs between both cars, it looks like the RT12 and GT700 are evenly matched (no surprise I suppose, as ET's and traps on both cars are very similar, based on independent tests).

At one point, the Ruf went for it, with the GT700 doing the same several lengths behind, and the distance between the two cars remained the same. This was not a run to vmax, and it was hardly a scientific test. While it is anecdotal evidence at best, I have never seen any direct comparisons between a big HP Ruf and a big HP EvoMS, so I thought it was worth posting.

I've got a crap video shot from the Ruf facing back to the GT700, and will try to post it when I get around to editing.

And yes, I will try to get some more conclusive tests in the future.

I'll say this however... the GT700 is LOUD!!! Much much louder than the RT12...

Old 04-07-2008, 10:31 PM
RiceEater is infamous around these parts
That is impressive. So I guess this finally validates that US Tuners really do know what they are doing with the 911TT

I know, I know, the next question will be reliability... I'm just happy to know that we can get RT12 performance through EvoMS on US soil without losing an arm and a kidney

Old 04-07-2008, 10:59 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
yup, props to EvoMS and other US tuners.

America is the mecca for HP. I think history has proven this time and again.

muscle cars, drag racing, you name it-- the US has always been king at this game.

even when other markets have had a big headstart with certain platforms or engines, the US quickly catches up and then surpasses. case in point, the Mitsubishi Evos. before the Evo came to the US, tuners in Japan and the UK all had crazy HP cars. but within something like two years of the Evo coming to the 'states, you had guys like AMS and others producing monsters that far eclipsed anything out of Europe or Japan.

and its the same with Porsche. I don't think there are any Euro tuners that have anything like the cars owned by Markski, VR, et al. The only exception here would be 9ff's GT9, and even then, that's not designed to be a daily driver in the same way as a highly tuned 911 is...

Ruf have always been about all-around performance. I think this was true also of the original CTR, and the fact it was at the time the world's fastest production car was a bonus that surprised even Alois and co. They build GT cars that are comfortable, reliable, exclusive, and happen to be pretty quick in a straight line (but hardly the quickest) and not too bad around a track (hardly the quickest), and back this up with product and customer experience that is as good as it gets anywhere (when Alois and Estonia Ruf give you VIP box seats at the Formula One race in Bahrain, you feel good. When they send their mechanic halfway around the world at less than a week's notice to check your car, entirely at their expense, you feel even better).

If I wanted a REALLY fast Porsche, I know where I'd go (Protomotive! based on everything i've seen so far). If I wanted a track special, I'd go to Manthey. And if i wanted something really really drop dead gorgeous... I'd go Italian!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 11:03 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hesperus
If I wanted a REALLY fast Porsche, I know where I'd go (Protomotive! based on everything i've seen so far). If I wanted a track special, I'd go to Manthey. And if i wanted something really really drop dead gorgeous... I'd go Italian!!!
Wise men think alike. I got 2 out three.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Wise men think alike. I got 2 out three.
hehe! hey how are you liking your SRT? Love mine to bits, but I can never stray too far from a gas station! Bloody thing has a homing beacon to fuel pumps!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 11:11 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I love it since I only commute 20 miles each day. I recent got the Diablosports flash and actually see 15mpg. Looking into ASM supercharger this summer.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:18 PM
RiceEater is infamous around these parts
Ruf have always been about all-around performance.
They build GT cars that are comfortable, reliable, exclusive, and happen to be pretty quick in a straight line (but hardly the quickest) and not too bad around a track (hardly the quickest), and back this up with product and customer experience that is as good as it gets anywhere (when Alois and Estonia Ruf give you VIP box seats at the Formula One race in Bahrain, you feel good. When they send their mechanic halfway around the world at less than a week's notice to check your car, entirely at their expense, you feel even better).

Hesperus, I think you're being a little too humble about your RT12. That car is super fast! And DOES have some of the best performance numbers around.

The fact that RUF offers an ownership experience as you mention above makes it even more spectacular (I don't see any American tuners doing that for their customers).

And lastly, the RT12 IS drop dead gorgeous No need to go italian.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by RiceEater
Hesperus, I think you're being a little too humble about your RT12. That car is super fast! And DOES have some of the best performance numbers around.
hmm... you're right of course. Part of the RT12's appeal is that its quicker than 95% of cars out there, and is a really good all-rounder. Though of course there's always something faster.

The fact that RUF offers an ownership experience as you mention above makes it even more spectacular (I don't see any American tuners doing that for their customers).
Hmm... yes well, I think it would be hard to top the sort of product support i've seen from Ruf so far. There are more stories, but I'll keep from mentioning them for fear of coming across like a Ruf advertisement!

And lastly, the RT12 IS drop dead gorgeous No need to go italian.
hehe true, but thats my subjective biased opinion. Whenever I see a modern Ferrari's interior, I think to myself: no matter how exclusive or personalized a Ruf is, there's no hiding that it is still based on a German design, and compared to the interior of say, a 599GTB, there's simply no contest (in my eyes)...

There's a bit of the "grass is always greener" syndrome here, but truth be told, there's been absolutely ZERO buyer's remorse with the Ruf, and in the end, that's what counts.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:55 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Hesperus, beautiful car your RT12! For clarification is your Rt12 the 650hp version and is it 2wd or awd? Do you know which gearing your Rt12 has? Also was the GT700 2wd or awd? Thanks

Old 04-08-2008, 06:20 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Great comparison! The GT700 is really the best off the shelf kit out there. I can't wait to get mine.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:48 AM
hugo is infamous around these partshugo is infamous around these parts
hmm... you're right of course. Part of the RT12's appeal is that its quicker than 95% of cars out there, and is a really good all-rounder. Though of course there's always something faster.

Hmm... yes well, I think it would be hard to top the sort of product support i've seen from Ruf so far. There are more stories, but I'll keep from mentioning them for fear of coming across like a Ruf advertisement!

hehe true, but thats my subjective biased opinion. Whenever I see a modern Ferrari's interior, I think to myself: no matter how exclusive or personalized a Ruf is, there's no hiding that it is still based on a German design, and compared to the interior of say, a 599GTB, there's simply no contest (in my eyes)...

There's a bit of the "grass is always greener" syndrome here, but truth be told, there's been absolutely ZERO buyer's remorse with the Ruf, and in the end, that's what counts.
Hesperus,watch out not to voice the a/m in Rennteam by mistake
cool as ever,your Rt12 !

Old 04-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by hugo
Hesperus,watch out not to voice the a/m in Rennteam by mistake
cool as ever,your Rt12 !

hi Hugo! sorry, what do you mean by "a/m"? by the way, love your CTR2!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 11:00 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Great comparison! The GT700 is really the best off the shelf kit out there. I can't wait to get mine.
You getting a turbo? With the new Hitachi MAF set up I completely agree. It's my favorite.. Hmm 660 is pretty good too tho

Old 04-09-2008, 12:01 AM
hugo is infamous around these partshugo is infamous around these parts
hi Hugo! sorry, what do you mean by "a/m"? by the way, love your CTR2!!!
thx man,a/m = above mentioned,check out the thread with Rami's car in Rennteam and see the relevance of the a/m

Last edited by hugo; 04-09-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by eclou
Hesperus, beautiful car your RT12! For clarification is your Rt12 the 650hp version and is it 2wd or awd? Do you know which gearing your Rt12 has? Also was the GT700 2wd or awd? Thanks
Thanks for the kind words. To answer your questions, its the 650HP engine, AWD, with the standard gearing.

The GT700 was also AWD.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RT12 and EvoMS GT700