997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Wheels for my Bassalt Black 997TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Chicago_Steve is infamous around these parts
Wheels for my Bassalt Black 997TT

I want to get new wheels for my car, but have been struggling because I cannot get a consistent answer from people as to build quality, etc. on wheels. Also, there are so many choices.

My car is Bassalt black with a black/terracotta interior (no PCCB), and I am looking for a brushed chrome wheel (some chrome is ok). I would like to stick to 19" to keep the weight down, and so that I hopefully do not need to get new tires. I do not like the black on black look. I saw the below Marion MR-3 wheels which I like. I was wondering if anyone here has experience with the MR-3 wheels or has any other suggestions.

Thanks.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:21 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
They look so similar to the factory wheels.
get something totally different IMHO.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:27 PM
tweed is a splendid one to beholdtweed is a splendid one to beholdtweed is a splendid one to beholdtweed is a splendid one to beholdtweed is a splendid one to beholdtweed is a splendid one to beholdtweed is a splendid one to behold
I'd go for Champion Motorsport or Sportec rims..

Old 04-10-2008, 02:33 PM
vig168 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
agree

Old 04-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
The more I look at them, I think I agree. Any ideas?

Old 04-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
I had Sportecs on my 996TT. They are an awesome looking wheel and are super light. The problem today is they are disco'd and if you ruin one you maybe SOL in the replacment category:

Old 04-10-2008, 04:21 PM
eLus is infamous around these parts
If you are open for other options, you should look at the Modulares. I think they look nice but everyone has their own tastes

Old 04-10-2008, 04:36 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
I guess, if the possibility of having to replace one wheel was a criteria, sticking with a stock Porsche wheel would be a good bet. The GT-3RS, C4 and GT-2 wheels would work. Your Porsche dealer would be able to replace one if needed. The stock wheels are fairly easy to repair and refinish, if you or your S.O. are into curbing your wheels.

I like the look of my GT-3RS wheels. They are cast, but are nearly the same weight as the forged stock turbo wheel and they are a whole lot easier to clean.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:43 PM
shnapps is infamous around these parts
the gt3-rs and hre p40's are both sharp looking and should look great next to a dark paint.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:00 PM
bchang is infamous around these parts
BBS LMs never look outdated

Old 04-10-2008, 06:35 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
rinspeed wheels are the sh#t!

Old 04-10-2008, 07:16 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
The Marion looks way too much like stock! Nothing wrong with liking that design, as it is a matter of taste. BUT, *if* that is the look you like, keep stock wheels IMHO.
Car below belongs to "shavster," rennteam.com.
This wheel has every requirement that one should be looking for: lighter than stock, forged, sturdy, from a reputable, well established company, TPMS compatible, no spacer needed. It's even finished in brush aluminum--what you are looking for. This picture has melted a few hearts.

Last edited by cannga; 04-10-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by cannga
This wheel has every requirement that one should be looking for: lighter than stock, forged, sturdy, from a reputable, well established company, TPMS compatible, no spacer needed. It's even finished in brush aluminum--what you are looking for.
That's a P40 right? I'll go check it out on rennteam.com. Thanks.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:32 PM
air-cooledjbj is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cannga
The Marion looks way too much like stock! Nothing wrong with liking that design, as it is a matter of taste. BUT, *if* that is the look you like, keep stock wheels IMHO.
Car below belongs to "shavster," rennteam.com.
This wheel has every requirement that one should be looking for: lighter than stock, forged, sturdy, from a reputable, well established company, TPMS compatible, no spacer needed. It's even finished in brush aluminum--what you are looking for. This picture has melted a few hearts.
This pic is your answer. Do it. P40s all the way! Look really nice in brushed finish on a black car.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:19 PM
jlingk is infamous around these parts
GT3RS Wheels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheels for my Bassalt Black 997TT