997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Advice from Attorneys Needed.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 05:47 AM
shnapps is infamous around these parts
The car was blue, not red.

I've already spoken verbally with the GM the day following the deal not going through. He was telling me he sold the car for 3k over what I had bargained for (he was making his point) to which I replied along the lines of, "that's great, the salesman has my address, please send me my deposit."

I sent him an e-mail recently, using the word "litigation" for the first time. I was trying not to go there since it's confrontational. We'll see what unfolds.

It's been an educational experience, thanks for all your insights on the business side of things. You've got me wondering whether I should try to find the owner of the business rather than PCNA to plead my case. I've also initiated the process to charge back the portion of the deposit that I put on credit card, a great idea that escaped me.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:34 PM
turbonator is infamous around these parts
You might also want to check with the state attorney general's office and the local consumer affairs department. Other options include small claims court, local media, DMV, etc. Plenty of options to make business difficult for them without you hiring an attorney which is going to cost you money. I would show no mercy and use all options. Bottom line: unleash blitzkrieg on them.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm not sure if it was persistence, the threat of litigation, one of their salesmen coming across this forum or my suggestion of taking this to PCNA, but Porsche of Lexington has now said they'll refund the deposit. I believe they'll do it. Thanks for all the good information. And thank you, Porsche of Lexington, for doing the right thing.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:33 PM
arcticsilver997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by shnapps
I'm not sure if it was persistence, the threat of litigation, one of their salesmen coming across this forum or my suggestion of taking this to PCNA, but Porsche of Lexington has now said they'll refund the deposit. I believe they'll do it. Thanks for all the good information. And thank you, Porsche of Lexington, for doing the right thing.
Isn't the internet/ 6speedonline great. Sounds like things are going to be fine.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Chicago_Steve is infamous around these parts
Glad to hear that it worked out! Always best to resolve matters before litigation (except for us lawyers).

Old 04-15-2008, 04:24 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I think after they ought to send you back the deposit along with a letter inviting you to order the car you had wanted without the damage . They can apologize for whatever inconvenience you faced and welcome you again to the Porsche 997tt .

The most surprising part of this for me is that they seem willing to lose a customer who was ready to buy a 160K car . I just don't get it.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:34 PM
FSU-997TT is infamous around these parts
Glad it seems to be working out for you......but I wonder if the new owner knows about it's history of the repair work. I'd really be pissed if I was that guy and found out about it a few weeks later from the boys at the next PCA event.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:18 PM
RAY in Pa. is infamous around these parts
Let us know when you get the check!

Old 04-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Yea, I don't have the check yet, but I have hopes.

Actually, they told me they sold the car BUT I checked out their site yesterday and they have my car listed on there.

http://lexington.porschedealer.com/n...ntoryid=387104

I wonder if they did tell the guy (that supposedly agreed to buy it ) that it had been damaged and he bailed. The dealership in Louisville told me that a dealer had to disclose a history of damage to prospective buyers. I'm not sure that's exactly correct, maybe there's a dollar amount of damage over which they have to disclose.

I think it's a beautiful car, more so in person than the pics. I have a desire to go buy the thing still but I've already ordered another similar to it (June build).

Old 04-15-2008, 09:07 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !

Actually, they told me they sold the car BUT I checked out their site yesterday and they have my car listed on there.

I wonder if they did tell the guy (that supposedly agreed to buy it ) that it had been damaged and he bailed. The dealership in Louisville told me that a dealer had to disclose a history of damage to prospective buyers. I'm not sure that's exactly correct, maybe there's a dollar amount of damage over which they have to disclose.

I think it's a beautiful car, more so in person than the pics. I have a desire to go buy the thing still but I've already ordered another similar to it (June build).
In California, any damage over $500 needs to be disclosed. I assume most states have very similiar laws. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:13 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
You need a few more options

Axle lock differential
Aluminim Shifter and brake
Sport Shifter
Sports Adaptive Seats
Turbo Lid

There's more ..... but the first three are must have options if you are doing this a second time .

Old 04-16-2008, 06:43 AM
RAY in Pa. is infamous around these parts
No one wants a damaged car, especially if it's >$120,000. That's a lot of zeros.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:06 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
I bought my cab from the other dealer in Kentucky and they are fantastic to deal with! PM me I can get you in contact with them.

EDIT: It was bluegrass

Last edited by globalm3; 04-16-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:22 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !

Glad everything worked out (sort of). Different dealer I assume.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Yea, I've spoken at length with the guys in Louisville. They didn't have a Turbo coupe allocation or they would have been the obvious choice as I'm just south of them. Brandon there is very good, pays attention to details.

No, I ordered from another dealer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Advice from Attorneys Needed.....