997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Advice from Attorneys Needed.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Wow. That is a beautiful car. I love that color.

The car being listed still doesn't mean that it hasn't been sold. Mine was listed on my dealer's site for a month after they sold it to me.

Hope everything works out.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:18 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
The picture was taken on 4/05/2008 at 4:21pm by a SONY DSC-P72 at f/5.6 1/200sec ISO-100

When did they tell you it was sold?

Glad you got your refund(well almost - check not in hand)..

Old 04-16-2008, 11:23 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Barrister
Wow. That is a beautiful car. I love that color.

The car being listed still doesn't mean that it hasn't been sold. Mine was listed on my dealer's site for a month after they sold it to me.

Hope everything works out.

This could be a great thread topic . Many dealerships seem to overlook the internet sales capabilities by not featuring updated availability with photos of their inventory . Some do but many don't.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:26 PM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
I would have just dialed speed 08...but that's my lawyer.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:28 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Wait till you receive your money then sue them for joy deprivation.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:53 AM
shnapps is infamous around these parts
If the pics were from April, they had to be taken after I saw the car and they thought they had sold it to another chap.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:12 AM
Wait till you receive your money then sue them for joy deprivation.

How much is that worth? And can I sue my wife for the same? jk

Old 04-17-2008, 05:34 AM
You can get online and "walk through" a 150k house, seeing every square inch of it with rotating video and dozens of pics. Seems like some dealers would do more than post "stock photos" of a 150k car. Maybe they should have a rotating video of this girl provacatively holding an oil dipstick....wait, crap, you can't do that with a Porsche.

Attached Images  

Last edited by shnapps; 04-17-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:43 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting. I have friends down there with P car plans....they (4 of them, 6 cars...) will not use this dealer. Ever.

And, they have told their friends.....

JB

Old 04-17-2008, 06:29 AM
I recieved the check, by UPS delivery no less. I would like to think this was all an aberation on their part. I have had one other person message me to say they've always been good with him. I'm square and therefore not holding any grudges.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:58 PM
VailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if you signed any agreement like I did? It simply said that if they deliver the car as specified and I do not take it, that my $5000 is then non-refundable.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:49 AM
UBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really nice
I had this happen to me once by a BMW dealer and I am a lawyer. I threatened to sue and they did not budge. Then I had a lawyer buddy call on my behalf and threaten to sue. I then got a check the next day by Fed Ex.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:45 PM
PARealtor is infamous around these parts
i bet you could find someone to do more damage to that car than what your deposit is.. especially if its just sitting out in the open like that.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:03 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
There are two sides to every story, and while this thread is dramatic and damaging to the dealer, it is only half of the story.

I have used Porsche of Lexington on multiple occasions, both new car purchases and ongoing warranty and service work. They go above and beyond, and support the local PCA chapter wholeheartedly.

I had occasion to listen to the other side today...seems to me the dealer did everything they could to make the deal right, but in the end, the TWO parties could not agree.

In December, this same dealer sold me a GT3RS at msrp....a car they could easily have sold at market for 50k over. Find another dealer that was willing to do that in December '08.

A mishap/accident happened with this car and it was professionally repaired (saw it myself today, its not discernable). The dealer made an attempt at a reasonable adjustment on top of an already agreed upon concession on msrp.
Buyer wanted more than was considered reasonable, so the deal was dead. This dealer is in a smaller market area...trust me when I say they would have loved to have done the deal with the original prospective buyer who they specc'd the car for.

Like I said, two sides to every story, and while some of you may proclaim to warn all friends and family off this dealer, you will be doing them a disservice without knowing all the facts. I know I will continue to use them and recommend them for sales and service.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:26 AM
ksxxsk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RufMD
There are two sides to every story, and while this thread is dramatic and damaging to the dealer, it is only half of the story.

I have used Porsche of Lexington on multiple occasions, both new car purchases and ongoing warranty and service work. They go above and beyond, and support the local PCA chapter wholeheartedly.

I had occasion to listen to the other side today...seems to me the dealer did everything they could to make the deal right, but in the end, the TWO parties could not agree.

In December, this same dealer sold me a GT3RS at msrp....a car they could easily have sold at market for 50k over. Find another dealer that was willing to do that in December '08.

A mishap/accident happened with this car and it was professionally repaired (saw it myself today, its not discernable). The dealer made an attempt at a reasonable adjustment on top of an already agreed upon concession on msrp.
Buyer wanted more than was considered reasonable, so the deal was dead. This dealer is in a smaller market area...trust me when I say they would have loved to have done the deal with the original prospective buyer who they specc'd the car for.

Like I said, two sides to every story, and while some of you may proclaim to warn all friends and family off this dealer, you will be doing them a disservice without knowing all the facts. I know I will continue to use them and recommend them for sales and service.
Even if they could not reach an agreement, there is no reason to keep his deposit without providing him with another car and to ignore him. I would be furious if that were indeed the case.

Even if they have given you great deals, if what the OP says is true, I would stay away from this dealer personally.

There is absolutely no reason not to return his deposit, or to put the deposit towards another car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Advice from Attorneys Needed.....