997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Is there a production Delay on 997 turbos?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 06:04 AM
M-Funf is infamous around these parts
Is there a production Delay on 997 turbos?

Quick question. I called my dealership yesterday to check the status of my 2008 TT order ( June Delivery). I was told that there was 'no activity' on my order and that the april delivery order ( the one before mine) is '2 months delayed'. Has anyone else heard of this or am I getting the run around?
Any input would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Brian

Old 04-15-2008, 06:29 AM
mikek84121 is infamous around these parts
Interesting! Two months ago I was given a 4/4 production completion date. One month ago it went to 4/18 and two weeks ago to 4/11. Yesterday I e-mailed my sales rep to find out if the car had been completed last week and he said that the new completion date was now 4/17. I guess I'll find out this Friday if it was completed. BTW, it's a coupe ordered 10/15 and I was expecting it by late May (dealer in Atlanta).

Mike

Old 04-15-2008, 06:43 AM
Originally Posted by mikek84121
Interesting! Two months ago I was given a 4/4 production completion date. One month ago it went to 4/18 and two weeks ago to 4/11. Yesterday I e-mailed my sales rep to find out if the car had been completed last week and he said that the new completion date was now 4/17. I guess I'll find out this Friday if it was completed. BTW, it's a coupe ordered 10/15 and I was expecting it by late May (dealer in Atlanta).

Mike
thanks.
I ordered my car from Sewickley Car Store (PGH) last JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knowing that i was their last allocation (june delivery) which was fine with me. But I am really anticipating HAVING the car in june for a nice summer of driving. If it's delayed till august I'll be really upset.
Brian

Old 04-16-2008, 07:50 AM
M-Funf:

I was notified this morning by my dealer (Hennessy) that my car was "in production". Since it was supposed to "complete production" tomorrow (4/17), I guess that'll tell us how quickly they put these cars together. I still have not received a VIN on it.

Mike

Old 04-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by mikek84121
M-Funf:

I was notified this morning by my dealer (Hennessy) that my car was "in production". Since it was supposed to "complete production" tomorrow (4/17), I guess that'll tell us how quickly they put these cars together. I still have not received a VIN on it.

Mike
Mike,
thanks for the input.
I spoke to Porsche Cars of North America today. they are going to find out where my order is in the que. I am amazed at how difficult it is with porsche. When i ordered my M5, i could track it form the web with just my name and order number.
I'm a bit frustrated to say the least.
Glad you ride is being built.
Brian

Old 04-16-2008, 08:45 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
mfunf
I have a deposit at sewickly for a turbo cab. Waiting for PDK availability. Have you purchased from them before?

They service my 928, and do a good job.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:51 AM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
M-funf, I can check it anytime you want. PM me the info and i'll give you an update. I would still expect it to be on time. I havent seen anything weird going on.

-Andreas

Old 04-16-2008, 09:18 AM
lilindienplaya is infamous around these parts
the dealer told us that porsche is purposly delaying build dates to avoid putting out too many too soon. Something about flooding early in the year.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:10 PM
M-Funf:

Dealer e-mailed me this morning to tell me that the Turbo was "on vessel" and gave me the VIN. Apparently the factory erred last Monday when they revised the "complete production" date. It must have occurred as planned last week and a ship was waiting. Dealer did not have the name of the ship yet but will let me know so that I can track it. It should be in Atlanta in about 3 weeks, detailed, re-boxed and shipped to me. Hopefully you'll get your surprise shortly with notification of the "in production" status. Good Luck!

Mike

Old 04-17-2008, 08:42 PM
VailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond repute
Wow maybe I dont feel so bad now, I have been dealing with this for MONTHS. I wrote my dealer a check last july. I wanted the car for my 40th in may,and I said to do whatever we had to get it by then. All I have is an order number. I did go with paint to sample and they say that can add 6 weeks, but I knew that. Order was accepted in Feb, and I know nothing new. Going to the dealer saturday on the way to pick up the wifes LEXUS. Any advice?

Old 04-18-2008, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by VailTT
Wow maybe I dont feel so bad now, I have been dealing with this for MONTHS. I wrote my dealer a check last july. I wanted the car for my 40th in may,and I said to do whatever we had to get it by then. All I have is an order number. I did go with paint to sample and they say that can add 6 weeks, but I knew that. Order was accepted in Feb, and I know nothing new. Going to the dealer saturday on the way to pick up the wifes LEXUS. Any advice?
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my order was accepted in December.
I guess they are in no actual hurry to get the Turbo Coupes out.
Hope your car gets to you ASAP. I'm not holding my breath.
B

Old 04-18-2008, 06:51 AM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
VailTT I responded to your email. M-funf soon enough : )~

-Andreas

Old 04-18-2008, 03:39 PM
V-man is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by M-Funf
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my order was accepted in December.
I guess they are in no actual hurry to get the Turbo Coupes out.
Hope your car gets to you ASAP. I'm not holding my breath.

B
new to site hope your related to that woman you have a picture of

Old 04-18-2008, 04:30 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
mfunf
I have a deposit at sewickly for a turbo cab. Waiting for PDK availability. Have you purchased from them before?

Sorry to jump in but I bought a Porsche from Sewickley in 1979 and probably have purchased a dozen others since then. Have nothing but great things to say about them.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:01 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
mfunf

I heard from dealer that there are delays related to the new PDK turbos. Dunno how accurate this is, but being the first year they are coming out it could very well be the case.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is there a production Delay on 997 turbos?