997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Which 997 TT is faster Manual or Tips ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:51 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Thats sucks...I want manual..but I also want to be the fastest...

Old 04-18-2008, 09:51 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by silversrt
How can a warranty not cover a damaged 2nd gear mechanism??? Seems to me this would be impossible to blame on "abuse" and could just of easily happened on simple "agressive driving". Under the "abuse" philosophy, anything could be denied with manufacturer claiming it was driven too hard.....i.e. broken tie rod.. (He cornered too aggressively)....malfunctioning caliper (He braked too aggressively)....broken power seat (You must of cornered too hard while adjusting your seat and your lard *** put too much pressure on the motor)....

I mean come on now.....
Easy. It was chipped...modified...producing more HP than specified. All bets are off. If PNA likes you, they'll cover it. It doesn't matter if you have a good relationship with the dealership...major service requires PNA authorization...modified cars? It's in the air.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:53 AM
MementoMori is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Hmmm...Thanks for all comments guys...but if tip is faster and better for daily driver and less headache maintaining, then may be a Tip is a better choice

3 of my friends have 997 with Tips and they very happy...I would be very frustrated if they beat ME...

Anyone actually drove, tested and raced manual vs tip 997 TT ???
Why are you worried about 0-60 times? I wouldn't say they beat you 0-60 but the car beat you 0-60. It's not exactly hard to hold the car in a straight line and stomp on the accelerator pedal.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:00 AM
V-man is infamous around these parts
Hmmm...Thanks for all comments guys...but if tip is faster and better for daily driver and less headache maintaining, then may be a Tip is a better choice

3 of my friends have 997 with Tips and they very happy...I would be very frustrated if they beat ME...

I have not but you just cant do a tip in a car like this i ordered the 6 for my car

Old 04-18-2008, 10:08 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Yes guys you are right about Tips and other staff...but very often race 0-170+ and if tips has almost 2 sec diff by 150 then I would definately loose in manual...and 1/4 is omportant with Tip it wold be very easy...

Old 04-18-2008, 10:19 AM
PorscheGuy949 is infamous around these parts
Tips faster.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:54 AM
That vey bad...mans I would need to look for Tips *** well (((...

I wonder how Tips would response to 700kit...would it hold the extra torgues OK ???

Old 04-18-2008, 01:09 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
i've a tip and i recommend a manual

Old 04-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by silversrt
How can a warranty not cover a damaged 2nd gear mechanism??? Seems to me this would be impossible to blame on "abuse" and could just of easily happened on simple "agressive driving". Under the "abuse" philosophy, anything could be denied with manufacturer claiming it was driven too hard.....i.e. broken tie rod.. (He cornered too aggressively)....malfunctioning caliper (He braked too aggressively)....broken power seat (You must of cornered too hard while adjusting your seat and your lard *** put too much pressure on the motor)....

I mean come on now.....
"Cornering too aggressively" "Breaking Too Hard"??? Are you kidding me? What are you smokin bro? I want some

If the driver doesnt shift properly(doesnt know how to drive) missing gears, grinding the Gearbox, etc... is abuse. Bottom Line. Breaking to hard or cornering too hard will not break anything unless you hit a curb.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:27 PM
pazman is infamous around these parts

I did, and beat him! I think when trying to split hairs (0.2sec) driver ability has more input into final result! Don't forget launch! in both vehicles its a all about getting off the line as smooth as possible...

Old 04-19-2008, 04:48 AM
bliz33 is infamous around these parts
Tip.

Old 04-19-2008, 05:59 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I would definatley go for a manual over the tiptronic any day, a manual porsche is more thrilling. Now what every turbo needs is an exhaust, the oem setup is just too quiet.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
i've a tip and i recommend a manual
Thats intresting...WHY ???

Old 04-19-2008, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by pazman
I did, and beat him! I think when trying to split hairs (0.2sec) driver ability has more input into final result! Don't forget launch! in both vehicles its a all about getting off the line as smooth as possible...
You beat 6 speed manual with your Tiptronic or opposite

Old 04-19-2008, 08:21 AM
pazman is infamous around these parts
You beat 6 speed manual with your Tiptronic or opposite
I have a manual, stock, got a good launch...3500rpm and dropped clutch, tip got wheelspin....rest was history.
I have read elsewhere on this forum where it has been documented that a manual can do 0-100kph in 3.6 sec! It had a link to the article, had to do with the nuances of a proper launch technique that was reproducible ????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which 997 TT is faster Manual or Tips ???