997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Natural Gray Leather....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:55 PM
shnapps is infamous around these parts
Natural Gray Leather....

Anyone here with natural gray leather? Your thoughts? Is there a tactile difference in the leather compared to the others? Does it come across as "gray" or "practically black?"

Thanks

Old 04-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Freier is infamous around these parts
Shnapps,

I have the natural grey in my Seal Grey 996 TT. I actually like it a lot, it's almost black in color. If I can snap some photos in the daylight I'll post em. We're taking off for a spell, so it may take a bit.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Freier is infamous around these parts
I actually found a few from a seat project I was working on. Excuse the seat cushion being out, but you get the idea. In the photo with the center console, you'll notice the ashtry delete kit. This piece is "black", the rest is natural grey.

Cheers

Attached Images   
Old 04-18-2008, 09:30 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I had natural gray on my 996TT...it is very dark, but not quite black...subtle...very nice.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
apparently my car's interior is natural grey, although i consider it black, its really hard to tell the difference at least thats the way i see it ... it just has a very slight greyishness to it in the sun but thats just abt the closest it gets to grey... more like a different shade of black :P

Old 04-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
Im currently in London and im gonna be here till june so i can really snap any photos right now .... only photos i can find on my laptop r these... hope they help give u an idea

P.S. sorry abt the tiny pics i had to keep resizing them bcoz it wouldnt allow me to upload them otherwise (first time pic posting :P)

Attached Images   
Old 04-18-2008, 10:08 PM
actually they didnt turn out as bad as i expected :P

Old 04-18-2008, 10:47 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It looks real nice on the midnight blue . It's dark enough to maintain well and provides a contrast.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:55 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I have it in mine.

Initially I had black leather ordered but when I had a chance to compare the two types side by side it was pretty clear that the natural leather felt superior to the black leather in terms of textile and supple feel. Like others have said, it's very dark, almost to the point of black. It appears grey only under the sunshine most of the time.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:37 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atomic80
I have it in mine.

Initially I had black leather ordered but when I had a chance to compare the two types side by side it was pretty clear that the natural leather felt superior to the black leather in terms of textile and supple feel. Like others have said, it's very dark, almost to the point of black. It appears grey only under the sunshine most of the time.
You are going to cost me a fortune! After seeing you photos, I am wondering if I should switch from black to natural gray leather. My exterior is going to be white and I had planned yellow deviated stitching. Would the yellow stitching work on the natural gray or would I be better off sticking with black? Thanks.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:09 PM
as long as it works with black it would work with this .... ive got silver deviated stitching... although this was a mistake... it was supposed to come with red

ive seen yellow stitching on black on a CGT (Black), and it looks INSANE!!!

Old 04-19-2008, 03:43 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
It's all up to personal taste...go and see it in person...IMHO it's not worth it...I went with black.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:34 PM
dkreidel is infamous around these parts
I too have natural gray with a white car. Atomic 80 made a suggestion to consider natural gray leather with black carpeting. I did exactly as he suggested, and find the slightly lighter seats look great on the very dark black carpet field. I had std gray leather in my 2006 C2S, but the touch and "hand" of the natural gray is much nicer. I think the yellow stitching would go just fine with the natural gray.

Dick

Old 04-19-2008, 04:39 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I personally don't think yellow stitching would work too well with natural grey. It'd work better with black. But however if you were to stick with the standard stitching with deviated black carpeting then that would look great. Very elegant in terms of texture, look and feel.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:03 AM
lob12 is infamous around these parts
I have natural gray...it is close to charcoal on a mercedes. Color is much nicer than black....would definately pay the extra. My last TT had black interior and the natural is a much nicer shade.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Natural Gray Leather....