997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

11.535 on stock 997TT Tip !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
My point was that the particular car you are talking about was not running on a dragstrip and not being measured with calibrated equipment, therefore you do not know if it 11.5 is accurate...or if the car actually ran a 12. Do you understand?
Scott,

According to Japan and the GT-R, you can certainly get numbers this way... even delaying modules to present an actual simulation of the car sitting on a dragstip. LOL.. sorry, you left the door open to take a shot at the GT-R and I couldn't resist as I just love those things.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:29 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
The fact of the matter is that the car is capable of what he claims in those conditions, whether or not the road is level to NHRA standards etc etc etc who knows. That run could have been a 12.0 on a drag strip, could have been an 11.4x (depending on the grade of the pavement, slope, PREP etc).

You may not realize it, but much of what we read in the magazines are timing equipement like what he's using, and if it's widely accepted from the media, then unless it's something outrageous I dont see a big problem with it.

On top of that, he's running some good times comparative to other fast cars, and if he doesnt have another option (I.E) drag strip, then how else can he provide results?

I'm not getting into the arguement, but these are some of the factors to consider but dont be too quick to assume the worst. The run on a prepped track surface could easily be faster. So anywhere from 11.4-12.0.

With as many questions as this guy has been asking I'm sure he's done his research and if he beats the other guys, then no need to rain on his parade. Maybe he'll get a dose of a real drag strip one day, maybe not, maybe the time will be different, maybe not.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:41 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Oh yeah, and while we are at it, talking about the potential of the 997 TT in the 1/4 mile. An 11.4 @ 121 in AZ altitude is astounding. I think in the conditions where we've seen the ONLY 129 mph trap bone stock in a Z06 and ONLY 10.9 (second place is all the way at 11.1x I think) would yeild somewhere in the neighborhood of 11.2 or better.

My logic is that while a Tip may be faster than the average joe, some of these drag racing fools (in a good way) will outdrive a tip in a manual with a crazy launch (especially on the super sticky Northeast tracks) and powershift it all the way down the track, something that's easily possible with AWD. I dont think a tip will beat that.

So for this reason I think with some of the guys that drive Z06 (Ranger, Jamie, Doctor Ron etc) the TT could easily be an 11.2 car, maybe even and 11.1 or 11.0, heck even 10.9 if they had hundreds of passes like some of thse guys do.

Maybe I'm wrong and the tip is still the fastest, but I doubt it, and either way I think it'll run 11.2. Even with the Tip in the right conditions.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jnixon is infamous around these parts
I have launched my 997 turbo manual with the 690 race fuel program a bunch of times already and the best my car has done is 11.5 at 125mph. Steve Casper said that the best they ran with this setup is 10.99 at 127mph. The takeoff in the 997 turbo with the manual is difficult because it is spinning the wheels and is very hard to launch because of all the gear changes. The automatic would definitely be easier. I am running my car on a certified track so to hit the low 11 second range and 127mph at the 1/4 in a manual even with the 690 race tune is a terrific feat.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:15 PM
I'd really put that car on a dyno, 125 mph for a 690 hp program isnt very fast.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jnixon is infamous around these parts
Steve Kasper at imagine auto said the best he could get with this setup is 127mph. Steve installed my kit. Car runs good and I am sure I can best 125mph. I saw a lot of cars launch and hitting 120s was a rarity.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:32 AM
pazman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT RUS
I understand that but they say otherwise...I am confused...

I want manual but I cant stand loosing to my freinds Tips...they are all going to mod also...
Wait for 998tt with new tranny, then you wont have to worry about manual or auto!

Old 05-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Why you would buy a 997 with a tip is beyond me. these cars are 1000% more fun w/ a 6 speed.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 05-29-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Why you would buy a 997 with a tip is beyond me. these cars are 1000% more fun w/ a 6 speed.
You couldn't be more right

Old 05-29-2008, 11:53 PM
skyytek is infamous around these parts
now I will get eaten alive.... matter of opinion. I actually prefer the tip over manual. not only is it quicker but meets( will) my expectation for a daily driver. I use the caymen and m5 for messing around with gears though. its fun. but not as quick.

Last edited by skyytek; 05-29-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:38 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skyytek
caymen.
You own one and you don't know how to spell it?

Old 05-30-2008, 07:04 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Well...I went for TipS cause:

1. Faster then 6 manual

2. Less Hassle in Moscow traffic

3. No clutch problems

4. More consistent in everyrace...

5. You cant overrev like manual hurt the engine (like someone on this board did went to 2nd instead of 6th) or destroy gearbox

6. My wife can drive ME home if I have couple of drinks

Old 05-30-2008, 07:57 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
A tip is absolutely NOT faster that a 6 speed, unless you are a complete retard in terms of driving skill.

The ONLY reason to get a tip is if you use your 997 TT as a daily driver in city traffic...but I would never get the 997TT for that purpose (an SMG BMW is a much better car for that purpose).

RUS, if you had not annoyed me (ME, as you always say, lol) I would have created the perfect car for you: A 2002-2003 GT2 w/ K24/18 hybrid turbos, headers, exhuast, EVO IC's, and an upgraded clutch. A similarly equipped car ran my GT2 , which has 35K in upgrades and won the #3 place among all street cars in America, even.

This car could have been created for less than you have already spent and is on a whole other level. What you have is a fast grandma mobile that is really only good for #6 on your list.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:44 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
A tip is absolutely NOT faster that a 6 speed, unless you are a complete retard in terms of driving skill.

The ONLY reason to get a tip is if you use your 997 TT as a daily driver in city traffic...but I would never get the 997TT for that purpose (an SMG BMW is a much better car for that purpose).

RUS, if you had not annoyed me (ME, as you always say, lol) I would have created the perfect car for you: A 2002-2003 GT2 w/ K24/18 hybrid turbos, headers, exhuast, EVO IC's, and an upgraded clutch. A similarly equipped car ran my GT2 , which has 35K in upgrades and won the #3 place among all street cars in America, even.

This car could have been created for less than you have already spent and is on a whole other level. What you have is a fast grandma mobile that is really only good for #6 on your list.
Tip is 3.4 0-60. 6 speed is 3.7 I guess Porsche was retarded when they tested the cars. lol

Old 05-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Drivetrain hp loss is much greater in the tip....for any kind or roll on race w/ a competent driver the 6 speed is faster. And that is just straight line...were it really counts, on a road course no respectable enthusiasts would even consider being caught in a tip.

Tip removes the sport from sport car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 11.535 on stock 997TT Tip !!!