997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

11.535 on stock 997TT Tip !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:48 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
11.535 on stock 997TT Tip !!!

Here is the video of my freinds 08 997TT Tiptronic doing 11.535 in 1/4 on regular road...brake pedal launch from 2700 RPMS...

http://www.kingofhills.ru/videos_por...11_11_535.html

We are at 500 feet about seas level, weather was about +10c...

Somehow he even beat 600 HP Rinspeed 997 TT manual...but that guys coudnt drive...

Its a fastest times I seen for stock 997 TT, looks like Tips 997 are much faster then manuals...do you guys think his tramission will last long launching from those RPMS ???

Old 04-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Here is the video of my freinds 08 997TT Tiptronic doing 11.535 in 1/4 on regular road...brake pedal launch from 2700 RPMS...

http://www.kingofhills.ru/videos_por...11_11_535.html

We are at 500 feet about seas level, weather was about +10c...

Somehow he even beat 600 HP Rinspeed 997 TT manual...but that guys coudnt drive...

Its a fastest times I seen for stock 997 TT, looks like Tips 997 are much faster then manuals...do you guys think his tramission will last long launching from those RPMS ???
That was not a certified track, thus it did not have proper timing equipment. For all you know, that car would have ran a 12.0 on a dragstrip.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:01 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
We dont have certified track here but that equipment is pretty accurate...it the same they use on tracks...there are simular times runned at the our track...with all the lights and etc...manual TT did 11.8 there...+ there is also thead by LouisGt3 i think, where he tlakis about Evo 700Hp kit, where he also states that his boses 997TT Tiptronic runned 11.60 stock at the track in Arizona...this proves that its not BS...and real times...

Last edited by GT RUS; 04-30-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
We dont have certified track here but that equipment is pretty accurate...it the same they use on tracks...there are simular times runned at the our track...with all the lights and etc...manual TT did 11.8 there...+ there is also thead by LouisGt3 i think, where he tlakis about Evo 700Hp kit, where he also states that his boses 997TT Tiptronic runned 11.60 stock at the track in Arizona...this proves that its not BS...and real times...
My point is that you are by far the most hung up on numbers of anyone I have seen on this forum; yet you typically don't take into account driver error, altitude, heat, humidity, atmospheric pressure or testing equipment accuracy in your posts. You also don't seem to understand the correlation between E.T., trap speed and roll-on capability...as you routinely use them interchangeably when they simply can not be.

Sorry for my vent. Your posts are just starting to wear on me.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 04-30-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:51 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
One of my old club members in AZ (read AZ ELEVATION and TEMPS) ran an 11.4 @ 121 in a bone stock 1500 mile Tiptronic 997TT on street PS2's at Speedworld last November. He is in no way shape or form a good driver (this was his first time at the strip) and got some quick instruction on how to launch it properly (PSM off, Brake boost, drop at 4k etc) and was able to run that and several 11.5 11.6's. An 11.5 in a Tip 997TT at 500 ft elevation is nothing too impressive IMO considering these cars pretty much drive themselves down the strip.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:56 AM
I understand everything and I know more then you think I am...

I am talking about this particular run...with Tip S you can make make mistakes in 1/4, that is why its faster the manual in most of the cases...YOU said that its not possible amd it would run 12sec on the track, then I've seen LuisGT3 post where he said that 997 Tip S runned 11.6 at the track in Arizona...Its not my words...

Old 04-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
One of my old club members in AZ (read AZ ELEVATION and TEMPS) ran an 11.4 @ 121 in a bone stock 1500 mile Tiptronic 997TT on street PS2's at Speedworld last November. He is in no way shape or form a good driver (this was his first time at the strip) and got some quick instruction on how to launch it properly (PSM off, Brake boost, drop at 4k etc) and was able to run that and several 11.5 11.6's. An 11.5 in a Tip 997TT at 500 ft elevation is nothing too impressive IMO considering these cars pretty much drive themselves down the strip.
Thank Luis...I dont want to start anything here...I just posted this info here cause I was very impresed with those times for stock car...

Do you think 997 TT manual can do this as well or run faster...all my feinds have Tips and I only found manual and want to get manual but I dont want then to beat ME...

Old 04-30-2008, 09:01 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I understand everything and I know more then you think I am...

I am talking about this particular run...with Tip S you can make make mistakes in 1/4, that is why its faster the manual in most of the cases...YOU said that its not possible amd it would run 12sec on the track, then I've seen LuisGT3 post where he said that 997 Tip S runned 11.6 at the track in Arizona...Its not my words...
I don't think Scott is doubting any of the runs, he is just saying that the run you are posting about could be off due to the fact that the track is not certified and it's timing equipment is off. Scott knows that these cars are capable of mid 11's stock, he is in charge of the 1/4 mile list.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Imistakes in 1/4, that is why its faster the manual in most of the cases...YOU said that its not possible amd it would run 12sec on the track
Oh really? Please show me where I said it was not possible.

I know what 997TT tips are capable of running stock. It did not require you or Luis to tell me (thank you for the information though, Luis). My point was that the particular car you are talking about was not running on a dragstrip and not being measured with calibrated equipment, therefore you do not know if it 11.5 is accurate...or if the car actually ran a 12. Do you understand?

Now...please point to where I stated or even implied that "it's not possible". Or are you simply generalizing and making assumptions again, as you typically do in all of your posts?

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 04-30-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Thank Luis...I dont want to start anything here...I just posted this info here cause I was very impresed with those times for stock car...

Do you think 997 TT manual can do this as well or run faster...all my feinds have Tips and I only found manual and want to get manual but I dont want then to beat ME...
Depending on the track and the driver anything is possible. Stock for stock with a regular driver, the tip will always have a lower ET because it's waaaaaay easier to get a good launch with it.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Banned
360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute
My old man ran 11.6 in his 997tt tip the other night at Moroso at our private track rental. Pretty impressive cars when you power brake launch it. His is bone stock - 10k miles, and been to at least 10 Sebring and Homestead events since it was new. The car is pretty abused, but still runs like a champ on stock brakes, tires, not even an oil change. The cars are in-destructable.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:11 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Scott I ran a 11.10 stock with 70 degrees F I used an AutoZone 1/4mile Fast and Furious Edition Drift Box with Red LED's! It is sweet..... Almost as fast as my Stock M3 Vert.....

BTW - nice Vette

Old 04-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Scott I ran a 11.10 stock with 70 degrees F I used an AutoZone 1/4mile Fast and Furious Edition Drift Box with Red LED's!
Nice! I think that's the exact same model GT RUS uses for E55 and his friends 997TT 1/4 miles times.

BTW - nice Vette
Thanks.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:16 AM
As I told you...the equipment they use is simular to what they use in all drapstrips...not accurate OK, why ??? You know what equipment is that ??? and why is not accurate...Let not get into this staff...I dont want to prove anything to anybody nor read you post again and try to prove something...We dont have proper tracks here and I did tell you that...but this equipment measures same times as others equpment on other drag events...

I dont know many things but you carn correct ME and explain if you are willing to do so...

May be I misundertsood something...English is not my native language...sorry...I dont know what assumptions I make or whatrever you dont like...but I dont really care about this...just want to learn things...

So let not continue this discussion...11.535 is the time on our equipment and on our track its possible to do on any track with 997 TT Tips and that what impressive for ME...

We are going to track and see what it will do there...

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Oh really? Please show me where I said it was not possible.

I know what 997TT tips are capable of running stock. It did not require you or Luis to tell me (thank you for the information though, Luis). My point was that the particular car you are talking about was not running on a dragstrip and not being measured with calibrated equipment, therefore you do not know if it 11.5 is accurate...or if the car actually ran a 12. Do you understand?

Now...please point to where I stated or even implied that "it's not possible". Or are you simply generalizing and making assumptions again, as you typically do in all of your posts?

Last edited by GT RUS; 04-30-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:31 AM
As I told you...the equipment they use is simular to what they use in all drapstrips...not accurate OK, why ??? You know what equipment is that ??? and why is not accurate...Let not get into this staff...I dont want to prove anything to anybody nor read you post again and try to prove something...We dont have proper tracks here and I did tell you that...but this equipment measures same times as others equpment on other drag events...
So what you're saying is that you guys have a accurately measured 1,320 foot strip that utilizes infrared beams at the starting line and also 66' before the finish line of the track? You also use elapsed-time clocking devices posted at the 60-foot, 330-foot, eighth-mile, 1,000-foot, and quarter-mile mark?

Looking at the video you posted, I see nothing of the sort. So again, it seems you are generalizing and misrepresenting the facts in your post.

I understand that english is not your native language, and I also understand that you guys are simply using the equipment that's available to you. I positively commend you for that.

However, you have been routinely annoying people on this forum with your constant comparisons between your E55 and several modified 6speedonline 911's. Now I find out that you actually don't have a proper way of accurately measuring anything, thus making the majority of your past comparisons essentially worthless.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 04-30-2008 at 09:34 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 11.535 on stock 997TT Tip !!!