997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Nissan sets new time at the 'Ring with standard GT-R (Official)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 09:17 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
The point I'm trying to make is, I think Nissan is just beginning to realize how tough it is to make a supercar for the masses. The faboys are telling us what a great car the GT-R is for the money. My hunch is, by the time they work the bugs out, and if they can approximate the kind of car that Porsche or Ferrari produces, it ain't gonna be such a cheap car. Porsche has spent a long time learning hard lessons, and I don't think you can short-cut that process. Nor can you make it much cheaper.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
But that IS where the information is. Its appearantly a big problem in Japan which is why their making these changes before they hit the other biggest markets, namely the US. Or they'll be losing even more money.
I searched and saw only the one thread on the transmission. Where are all these failures you guys keep mentioning? Didn't read anything about any transmission changes as an ongoing change during production.
I've seen pics of four cars so far that were involved in crashes.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Banned
bonzelite is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by USCCayman
The point I'm trying to make is, I think Nissan is just beginning to realize how tough it is to make a supercar for the masses. The faboys are telling us what a great car the GT-R is for the money. My hunch is, by the time they work the bugs out, and if they can approximate the kind of car that Porsche or Ferrari produces, it ain't gonna be such a cheap car. Porsche has spent a long time learning hard lessons, and I don't think you can short-cut that process. Nor can you make it much cheaper.
Sports cars are often constantly changed and tweaked under the skin for improvements, hence, the "911." The Porsche 911 --of all cars-- stands as prime exemplar of this idea of "perfecting the machine." How is this any different in Nissan's case?

As well, what does "approximate" mean in your language? Nissan has already exceeded what it claimed to do years ago and that was to outperform the 997tt. That's already done. Not only that, it's poised to outperform all Ferraris.

Please explain further your idea.

Nissan doesn't claim "to be" Porsche or "to be" Ferrari. That will never happen and that is never Nissan's intent. Each marque is different, has different histories, has stand-out moments of victories and failures.

May you please add further....

Old 05-03-2008, 09:37 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I've been watching this sort of thing for 40 years. The GT-R will be another failed attempt at the throne. Just sit back and watch. It takes a little time for these things to play out.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Banned
I've been watching this sort of thing for 40 years. The GT-R will be another failed attempt at the throne. Just sit back and watch. It takes a little time for these things to play out.
Ok believe whatever you want. GT-R's racing history is well documented.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:59 PM
rafiki is infamous around these parts
You obviously haven't learnt very much in that time.
This is not Nissan's first GTR.

Their other attempts have been successful in the rest of the world...you do realise, that there are markets outside the US don't you?

Old 05-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
I'm asking where all these cases of failed transmissions and crashes are. I don't need you to direct me to Nagtroc.
Obviously a beat up by the usual suspects who cry wolf at all the GTR threads and "GTR fanboys" , whilst attracting more and more of exactly that (present company excluded of course) by their delusional ramblings and denials.

Just don't mention RMS.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Blazing is infamous around these parts
People,getting to personal for nothing. Control IT (The GT3 WITH SUPERPOWERS aka BIG BROTHER) will BAN some of you,so watch what you say and have an Orbits.

Last edited by Blazing; 05-03-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:39 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
The GT-R also set the world record for ugliest car ever to go under 9 minutes at the Ring.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:35 PM
ihatepotholes is infamous around these partsihatepotholes is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Yeah baby, now we're talking!!!!
talk what? so it will get owned by the Vspec? im not a fan boy, but you sound just like a hater.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:40 PM
ihatepotholes is infamous around these partsihatepotholes is infamous around these parts
some of the GTR fan boys should really stay out of 6speedonline really... a lot of people here don't really care about GTR, so no need to show em up. i like porsche, i also like GTR, but its getting kinda annoying that this car gets brought up in every thread. keep it in nagtroc... or ask admin to make a GTR section under other cars.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:01 AM
RiceEater is infamous around these parts
i think I'll start a new thread on the Nagtroc forum: 9second AMS EVO VIII WIPES THE FLOOR WITH THE GTR!!! Or maybe: 8 second Turbo CIVIC Breaks 1/4 mile record!!!

Then I will proceed to call everyone that doesn't congratulate the car a hater since I am only trying to "educate" other board members of the progresses of technology.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by ihatepotholes
some of the GTR fan boys should really stay out of 6speedonline really... a lot of people here don't really care about GTR, so no need to show em up. i like porsche, i also like GTR, but its getting kinda annoying that this car gets brought up in every thread. keep it in nagtroc... or ask admin to make a GTR section under other cars.
Curious to know what you drive..

Old 05-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by RiceEater
i think I'll start a new thread on the Nagtroc forum: 9second AMS EVO VIII WIPES THE FLOOR WITH THE GTR!!! Or maybe: 8 second Turbo CIVIC Breaks 1/4 mile record!!!

Then I will proceed to call everyone that doesn't congratulate the car a hater since I am only trying to "educate" other board members of the progresses of technology.
No need to; those aren't stock for stock comparisons. You'll get laughed at; those would beat the 911 as well.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bonzelite
No.... inference.

Do you know what an inference is?

Do you understand how to read? The GT-Rs are going into production with the recent changes; therefore, subsequent cars will be sub 7:30 capable.

Has this idea still escaped you?
Did cup cake learn a new word today and is now trying to achieve a cerebral status on a forum? Is that it? Help me out here... remember, I have trouble reading.

Last edited by Almo; 05-04-2008 at 12:45 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan sets new time at the 'Ring with standard GT-R (Official)