997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Nissan sets new time at the 'Ring with standard GT-R (Official)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bonzelite
As well, what does "approximate" mean in your language?

<O
Since you find it necessary to question the guy above... please feel free to enlighten us on the ricer comment (7:30 capable) you provided to me... above?
<O
<O
therefore, subsequent cars will be sub 7:30 capable. <O</O

<O</O

Old 05-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Banned
bonzelite is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Almo
Did cup cake learn a new word today and is now trying to achieve a cerebral status on a forum? Is that it? Help me out here... remember, I have trouble reading.fficeffice" /><o>></o>>
I think the one who learned the new word was you, cupcake.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:50 AM
Banned

<o></o>
Since you find it necessary to question the guy above... please feel free to enlighten us on the ricer comment (7:30 capable) you provided to me... above?
<o></o>
<o></o>

<o></o>
This is from your post that I addressed:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td nowrap="nowrap"> Almo <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1829234", true); </script>
</td> <td width="100%"> </td> <td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> Join Date: Feb 2008

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- / user info --><!-- message, attachments, sig --> <!-- message --> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by RiceEater
Well here's an article explaining why the NEW stock GTR got a faster lap time:
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Se...ed-for-Europe/

Since some of the parts of the currently out in Japan GTR are breaking down, they figured its time for a few upgrades, which will be present on the American and Euro versions of the GTR...

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

There you have it... modded doesn't mean OEM Production.

Nice post!

--------------

Before this continues, you agree that is your post, yes?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:51 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
I think the one who learned the new word was you, cupcake.

Yes, I did but I can't seem to find asshat in Webster there sweetheart!!

Old 05-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Banned
Yes, I did but I can't seem to find asshat in Webster there sweetheart!!
ok, darling.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:26 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RiceEater
i think I'll start a new thread on the Nagtroc forum: 9second AMS EVO VIII WIPES THE FLOOR WITH THE GTR!!! Or maybe: 8 second Turbo CIVIC Breaks 1/4 mile record!!!

Then I will proceed to call everyone that doesn't congratulate the car a hater since I am only trying to "educate" other board members of the progresses of technology.

Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be funny seeing those guys get their panties in a xxxxx

Old 05-04-2008, 05:44 AM
ok, darling.
How original of you to piggyback off me, again!

Old 05-04-2008, 05:45 AM
thbdaone is infamous around these parts
i think I'll start a new thread on the Nagtroc forum: 9second AMS EVO VIII WIPES THE FLOOR WITH THE GTR!!! Or maybe: 8 second Turbo CIVIC Breaks 1/4 mile record!!!

Then I will proceed to call everyone that doesn't congratulate the car a hater since I am only trying to "educate" other board members of the progresses of technology.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSTNc1Vo5Qc

Oh yeah? What about the world record for the fastest AWD over a 1/4 mile with a 7.57 at 305.96 km/h (190.11 mph)

Last edited by thbdaone; 05-04-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:54 AM
Originally Posted by thbdaone

Oh yeah? What about the world record for the fastest AWD over a 1/4 mile with a 7.57 at 305.96 km/h (190.11 mph)

Was he sitting on a bucket for that pass? Give it up for the aluminum riveted panels. That's impressive... 'place sarcasm emoticon here please' <O</O

Old 05-04-2008, 06:08 AM
For so much hype with the car running low 7s at the Ring... it isn't quick at all out of the box. 118 at the traps in 40 degree weather.

http://www.nissangtrproto.com/2008/n...trip/#more-569

We made three runs down the quarter mile, hoping to match the 11.5 second run we recorded a few months ago when we tested a JDM-spec GT-R in Japan. But no dice. Even with the car’s fuel tank nearly empty and temperatures in the high 40s the best we could do was 11.8 seconds at 118.5 mph.

JDM-spec GT-R?

Rather dated but I hadn't come across the above before.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:54 AM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
For so much hype with the car running low 7s at the Ring... it isn't quick at all out of the box. 118 at the traps in 40 degree weather.

http://www.nissangtrproto.com/2008/n...trip/#more-569

We made three runs down the quarter mile, hoping to match the 11.5 second run we recorded a few months ago when we tested a JDM-spec GT-R in Japan. But no dice. Even with the car’s fuel tank nearly empty and temperatures in the high 40s the best we could do was 11.8 seconds at 118.5 mph.

JDM-spec GT-R?

Rather dated but I hadn't come across the above before.
Nice selective editing. You forgot this part:

"Incredibly, even with the GT-R’s advance all-wheel drive system I was getting quite a bit of wheelspin off the line. Now that’s power. And it’s probably the reason we ran an 11.8 instead of an 11.5."

Old 05-04-2008, 09:21 AM
RiceEater is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thbdaone

I was being sarcastic about my post, and then you drop a real example here. This is the kind of stuff you boys look up to. Like I said earlier, Nissan has targeted it's market perfectly: Gran Turismo players. See you at hot import nights.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be funny seeing those guys get their panties in a xxxxx
as you are a member over there, monaroCountry, you well know none of us would care about a modded Evo or modded Ford Pinto running 7s or 8s. Maybe if you had a mullet it would matter to you.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:32 AM
JayWild is infamous around these parts
I was being sarcastic about my post, and then you drop a real example here. This is the kind of stuff you boys look up to. Like I said earlier, Nissan has targeted it's market perfectly: Gran Turismo players. See you at hot import nights.

Good one! Made my morning! lol

Old 05-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Banned

Lots of buyers for the GT-R already own 911s and Z06s and even in some cases Gallardos. I guess they all play Gran Turismo as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan sets new time at the 'Ring with standard GT-R (Official)