997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Nissan sets new time at the 'Ring with standard GT-R (Official)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 05:25 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Z07
They're on. We have a GTR which we know is standard because there aren't really any mods available in the US for it as of yet. Then we have a load of other cars like a 420hp Cayman. Good job the Amuse GTR didn't turn up.
There arent many if any mods that will work on the JDM version that wont work on the US one.

So you ASSUME the GT-R is stock. And even still, no excuse for getting spanked by a GT3 with no suspension mods, and an exhaust. Keep trying to make beleive mods on the GT3. The motor comes with 385 hp and you cant even get 20 more than that with 30k.

Nice try though. Keep digging.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by timeattack07gt
An 11.8 is pretty good in real world conditions, regardless of your reasoning. What "ifs" and "buts" and "ricer excuses" are you referring to? To me it simply seems as if you don't want to accept the truth that IF conditions were better, specifically the 40 degree weather and possibly track prep, the car would have likely been capable of something closer to the 11.5 they expected. Please quit with your overly condescending tone...it does nothing for you or your argument.

The above in bold concludes my point, precisely!!

Old 05-04-2008, 07:04 PM
timeattack07gt is infamous around these parts
The problem is; your point doesn't hold much merit in discounting the hype around the GT-R's performance figures. Just because they couldn't quite match the impressive 11.5 they achieved in Japan with a JDM spec GT-R, doesn't mean that the car fell short of its hype lol. In real world conditions you can't expect to run an optimal time in every scenario, as I hope you're aware of, since you supposedly have the quickest pullied eaton 03 Cobra on the planet. Go take your Cobra to a 6000ft elevation track, and try to back up your times/claims of having the fastest pullied non ported eaton 03 in the world...no excuses either, no matter how justifiable they may be lol. The 11.8 they achieved is pretty close to being in line with what Nissan claimed, which was an 11.6 at 118 iirc. ****, I've even seen stock C5 Z06's run low 13's, and stock 03-04 Cobra's run low 14's at that very same track (Sac Raceway)...but to me that doesn't take away from what the car is really capable of though, especially in the right conditions and in the right hands. Might I add that even a few thousand miles worth the break in on a tight motor, could possibly be worth close to two tenths in the 1/4 mile. Oh wait, that would be a lame ricer excuse, judging by your generalized view.

Last edited by timeattack07gt; 05-04-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Banned
bonzelite is infamous around these parts
this game of ping pong is rather pointless

Old 05-04-2008, 07:27 PM
I've decided to come out and play today lol

Old 05-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Banned
I've decided to come out and play today lol
That's all it is, though

here are the criteria for the most part:

1) If you like Porsches, you're fine
2) If you are an "enthusiast" who likes Porsches, and some other cars (anything German or "exotic"), your fine.... unless...
3) ....you like the GT-R... then you're a "ricer"

that's about it on here

credit is given where it is due.... unless...

....it's the GT-R...

and if you give credit to the GT-R for just about anything positive...... you're a "fanboy"

might as well lock the thread now

Old 05-04-2008, 07:41 PM
At least I have someone to agree with :P

Old 05-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Banned
At least I have someone to agree with :P
What is it you drive again, timeattack? You race and tune don't you? You sponsored?

Old 05-04-2008, 08:05 PM
An 07 Turbo Mustang GT set up for time trials and road course racing with 510rwhp, weight reduction, full suspension (Griggs and KW compenents), NT-01's, and a bunch of other crap. The car is still a pig at 3300lbs, but has NO problem getting the job done lol. I do a decent amount of HPDE's and time attack/trials in Cali, including Laguna, Buttonwillow, Thunderhill.

Last edited by timeattack07gt; 05-04-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
The problem is; your point doesn't hold much merit in discounting the hype around the GT-R's performance figures. Just because they couldn't quite match the impressive 11.5 they achieved in Japan with a JDM spec GT-R, doesn't mean that the car fell short of its hype lol. In real world conditions you can't expect to run an optimal time in every scenario, as I hope you're aware of, since you supposedly have the quickest pullied eaton 03 Cobra on the planet. Go take your Cobra to a 6000ft elevation track, and try to back up your times/claims of having the fastest pullied non ported eaton 03 in the world...no excuses either, no matter how justifiable they may be lol. The 11.8 they achieved is pretty close to being in line with what Nissan claimed, which was an 11.6 at 118 iirc. ****, I've even seen stock C5 Z06's run low 13's, and stock 03-04 Cobra's run low 14's at that very same track (Sac Raceway)...but to me that doesn't take away from what the car is really capable of though, especially in the right conditions and in the right hands. Might I add that even a few thousand miles worth the break in on a tight motor, could possibly be worth close to two tenths in the 1/4 mile. Oh wait, that would be a lame ricer excuse, judging by your generalized view.
LOL… It seems you're so quick jumping to an argumentative side that you have completely missed the previous was my opinion and where it only addressed the 11.8, you seem to have picked up on it as being the sole source of my opinion. That said I will say this for starters… for the Hype of the car from the Ring times… 11.50 in stock form and its performance numbers are SLOW AS *****!! That better?

Instead of wasting my time explaining… I will say this.

3800 pound AWD GT-R on 10 pounds of boost (spinning badly) on a track is complete BS and shows to be more Hype in my opinion. Also, from a car they are calling Godzilla and pushing the Ring times as such only to show it running a 11.50s is a shame. Again, that is slow as ***** when comparing performance numbers!!
<O</O

I would take a 997 TT over a GT-R any day. Not to mention... at the end of the day, class sits with the 997 where as the driver of the GT-R will still own a Nissan. I guess he can charm with a louder blow off valve at Hot Import Nights, as well as tossing out Ring times to make himself feel better about his over prices AWD 350Z. I’m just saying.

Lastly, I have seen Twin Screw 03/04 Cobra run 13s... I guess they can say at 2000 less DA their car would run 10s just like everyone's esles. <O</O
<O</O
<O</O

Last edited by Almo; 05-04-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by bonzelite
That's all it is, though

here are the criteria for the most part:

2) If you are an "enthusiast" who likes Porsches, and some other cars (anything German or "exotic"), your fine.... unless...

that's about it on here

credit is given where it is due.... unless...

....it's the GT-R...

and if you give credit to the GT-R for just about anything positive...... you're a "fanboy"

might as well lock the thread now
Maybe a fanboy surfing to defend a car not apart of a specific section of thread it was posted in. *shrug*

Old 05-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Almo

3800 pound AWD GT-R on 10 pounds of boost (spinning badly) on a track is complete BS and shows to be more Hype in my opinion. Also, from a car they are calling Godzilla and pushing the Ring times as such only to show it running a 11.50s is a shame. That is slow as *****!!
<o></o>

I would take a 997 TT over a GT-R any day. Not to mention... at the end of the day, class sits with the 997 where as the driver of the GT-R will still own a Nissan. I guess he can charm with a louder blow off valve at Hot Import Nights, as well as tossing out Ring times to make himself feel better about his over prices AWD 350Z. I’m just saying.<o></o>
<o></o>
<o></o>
Your post encapsulates just the whole dog & pony show of the certain 6speed members' blind fanboyism:

It doesn't matter how fast the GT-R goes on any surface. It's never fast enough even when it has entirely slaughtered the 911.

This is why the ping pong match is entirely pointless and useless.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:35 PM

This is why the ping pong match is entirely pointless and useless.
Then why are you here posting?

Old 05-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Almo
Then why are you here posting?
to keep timeattack company. there are signs of real responses here.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:42 PM
to keep timeattack company. there are signs of real responses here.

I see... I think you feel you need to be the defender in the 997 section myself but what do I know.

Last edited by Almo; 05-04-2008 at 08:44 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan sets new time at the 'Ring with standard GT-R (Official)