997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Nissan sets new time at the 'Ring with standard GT-R (Official)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by timeattack07gt
Simple. Because you shied away from the reality that I served you, by responding that you would not waste your time with me. People like ME pushing GT-R hype down your throat? How is that....your subconsious mind is automatically assuming way too much and targeting me as throwing **** down your throat, simply because you're in an uncomfortable position making a fool of yourself. Have you even gathered a thing I've said...I was just trying to correct your GT-R haterism from the beggining. Don't try and re-write the script.
Down my throat? Learn to read!

Not to mention, correct my opinion of saying 11.80 was slow for its performance numbers. You're one funny guy! It's my opinion, I don't think you will ever be able to correct an opinion. Too funny!

Old 05-04-2008, 10:37 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Why did I buy the Mustang? Simple. For the money I found it to be a great performer for what I was intending to use it for, as well as the great aftermarket resources such as Griggs, Maximum Motorsports, MMR, etc, that help turn a Mustang into a real corner carver. The looks and V8 were also selling points for me, over some of others in that price spectrum. Ultimately, I saw that the mustang had a lot of pontential in both cornering and straightline speed. The 05-09 S197 Mustang chassis is quite competitive with the likes of E46 M3's and 997 cup cars in grand am, as well as in the FIA GT3 and GT4 classes..for a lot less money might I add.

Me a troll? Sorry that I don't share the same overly biased view as you. I guess that's just what I'll have to do from now on though, in order to fit in with the suave egotistical uper class that you seem to be clinging to. And what might you be doing here? You're just as worthless as me being here, even though you may think otherwise lol.
I'm pretty sure those mustangs are tube frame, at least most of them, and the chassis shares very little with the street SN 197 chassis. but competive they are.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:38 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Almo
I see... I think you feel you need to be the defender in the 997 section myself but what do I know.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:46 PM
timeattack07gt is infamous around these parts
Of course I'll never be able to correct an opinion, especially coming from someone with a delusional viewpoint like yours lol. Oh come on, now you're going to use the "learn to read" rhetoric lol. You implied that I was "throwing GT-R hype down peoples throats", I couldn't give a rats *** whether it was YOU or anybody elses throat, I never have or tried to do such as thing as you claim. Maybe you feel secure in thinking that I have, for some reason.

Last edited by timeattack07gt; 05-04-2008 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Of course I'll never be able to correct an opinion, especially coming from someone with a delusional viewpoint like yours lol. Oh come on, now you're going to use the "learn to read" rhetoric lol. You implied that I was "throwing GT-R hype down peoples throats", I couldn't give a rats *** whether it was YOU or anybody else throat, I never have or tried to do such as thing as you clai. Maybe you feel secure in thinking that I have for some reason.
Please, get off your high horse already!! You're in a 997 section pushing a car not related.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Banned
bonzelite is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Hate what? I have no need to hate. Haters are those who hate beacuse they can't own of afford one. Believe me I can own a few of these GTRs. I just don't like these threads popping up constantly by a bunch of fanboys. Those are the true haters. They can't afford either the GTR or the TT.
I hate the Plymouth K car and I could afford to buy a few of those. Probably you could get a half dozen of those for about $500.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I'm pretty sure those mustangs are tube frame, at least most of them, and the chassis shares very little with the street SN 197 chassis. but competive they are.
The Speed GT Mustangs are tube frame cars, at least the ones that have been doing well this season. Grand Am GS Koni Challenge Mustangs and FIA GT4 Mustangs, use the stock chassis which can be purchased through Ford Motosports, better known as the FR500C. The Grand Am GT Mustangs up to this point use a tube frame chassis built by Riley AFAIK. The FR500GT's in FIA GT3, are again based off of the stock S197 shell with obvious spot welding of the shell and nice beefy roll cage, like the FR500C. The F500GT adds another 130 or so hp to the FR500C, with much larger tires, brakes, and more complex suspension (still within the basis architecture, and still uses just a simple 3-link rear solid axle). The solid axle also makes the cars quite controllable in ideal smooth conditions. They're pretty simple cars in design, but get the job done amazingly well. Might I add that the FR500GT would probably be more than competitive in the SPEED GT and Grand Am Series with a solid team backing it...but it's probably just a matter of it being easier, and more cost efficient for the teams to go the tube frame route in order to be on the same level.

Last edited by timeattack07gt; 05-04-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:04 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bonzelite
I hate the Plymouth K car and I could afford to buy a few of those. Probably you could get a half dozen of those for about $500.
Sure bud. If you would like, I can loan you the money if you are short. Now go back to playing your Nintendo WII.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Banned
Sure bud. If you would like, I can loan you the money if you are short. Now go back to playing your Nintendo WII.
What is a WII?

Old 05-04-2008, 11:17 PM
LOL

Old 05-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Please, get off your high horse already!! You're in a 997 section pushing a car not related.
So what's the point in having this thread, or topic if no one is able express an opinion on anything that in anyway may be unfavorable toward the general Porsche sentiments. I will say that the person that created this thread was obviously trolling, but if this thread is going on what, 16 pages, I'll chime in against the circle jerking crowd. Moderators please? Oh wait, maybe we should just fight the urge and temptation to view this thread, since so many people seem to hate these topics, including myself. We just need to put the pipe down lol.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Banned
Either way, these types of threads are similar to all the civic owners pushing kills to Mustang on Mustang websites.<o></o>
But those aren't stock Civics.

This is a stock for stock comparison and the 911 isn't in front. If stock Civics took out stock Mustang GTs that would make for an interesting debate, and quite odd.

You can get a hard on all you want for Porsche and it won't change the conditions.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:30 PM
bvi
Banned
bvi is infamous around these parts
Topic of discussion: Standard GTR 7:29 at the ring.

What other car that has been mentioned in this thread has run faster? How does the price point of the GTR compare with any competitors?

Demands respect, anything less discounts you as a car enthusiast....

Last edited by bvi; 05-04-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by bonzelite
But those aren't stock Civics.

This is a stock for stock comparison and the 911 isn't in front. If stock Civics took out stock Mustang GTs that would make for an interesting debate, and quite odd.

You can get a hard on all you want for Porsche and it won't change the conditions.
LOL.. Are you missing a couple stones or something? My post regarding the Civics were in relation to hitting a board with information not related or originally devised for the board to begin with.<O</O

Old 05-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by bvi
Topic of discussion: Standard GTR 7:29 at the ring.

What other car that has been mentioned in this thread has run faster? How does the price point of the GTR compare with any competitors?

Demands respect, anything less discounts you as a car enthusiast....
Demands respect? Is this the reason you are here?

Trying telling a Supra owner he has to like an Elise, not to mention it demands respect because it would hand the Supra it's *** on an Auto cross. I think this would be very similar in comparison.

You guys are too funny!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan sets new time at the 'Ring with standard GT-R (Official)