997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Nissan sets new time at the 'Ring with standard GT-R (Official)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mass
How come every jackass is proud that there 140k car is slower than a 70k car. Face it, Porsche is overpriced by about 30%.
OVERPRICED??? You bought one right? Somehow you, and all the others who are waiting in line to purchase one found it reasonable. People also come into my shop and tell me that I'm more expensive than all the other detail shops they've come into, why should they come to me? It's all about a value in a product. There's a lot more to a Porsche than leather interior, and big brakes, just like there's a lot more to an auto detail than a wax job.

John

Old 05-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Banned
skyline_man is infamous around these parts
How come every jackass is proud that there 140k car is slower than a 70k car. Face it, Porsche is overpriced by about 30%.
In Australia the 997 turbo retail for around $330 grand, the normal 911 for $200 grand, and the Cayman for $150 grand.
The R35 GTR retails for $150 grand - same as the Cayman. Even a retard with half a brain can see that the 997 turbo, or every Porsche is a rip off.
Besides, did Porsche sack their design team 30 years ago, cos the shape hasn't changed at all since then. Still, the 911 range looks nice though - except for the ugly face with the bug eyes.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:36 PM
wallmon is infamous around these parts
It's going to be interesting to see if Porsche is willing to offer up a counter move to the GT-R. A production GT2 on steroids maybe? I hope they have the guts to do something extraordinary.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:59 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I love this. Nissan, and all those who think the GT-R is the second coming, are figuratively and smugly shouting "Mission Accomplished", just like a certain president did. That's great, because the GT-R fanboys are going to be wiping egg off their faces just like that leader is now having to do. Keep shouting "Mission Accomplished". It will make it all the sweeter when The GT-R finally does go on sale here, and we see it for what it really is: just another in a long line of pretenders to the throne. In fact, that should be Nissan's banner for the GT-R when it does finally make it here:
"Nissan GT-R. Mission Accomplished"

We will see who laughs last.

Last edited by USCCayman; 05-02-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:21 PM
wallmon is infamous around these parts
Parts will be falling off within 10 months. You might compare it to a Jeep.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Akira has a spectacular aura aboutAkira has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
And as a matter fact, I do feel better after posting those words and smiley faces. Now what?

Like I said, relax.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Akira has a spectacular aura aboutAkira has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bbywu
Sure you do. We all like a lot of cars. But unlike others, you waste bandwidth on a Porsche forum discussing the attributes of the GT-R. If THAT doesn't define a troll, I don't know what does.

But your discussing attributes of the GTR in Porsche forum also by posting in this topic.... (And many others) Are you saying anyone who mention the word GTR (Positive or Negative) in this forum is troll? I didn't know GTR was such a taboo.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:29 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skyline_man
In Australia the 997 turbo retail for around $330 grand, the normal 911 for $200 grand, and the Cayman for $150 grand.
The R35 GTR retails for $150 grand - same as the Cayman. Even a retard with half a brain can see that the 997 turbo, or every Porsche is a rip off.
Besides, did Porsche sack their design team 30 years ago, cos the shape hasn't changed at all since then. Still, the 911 range looks nice though - except for the ugly face with the bug eyes.

I'm serious, change the name of this place to GT-Rspeedonline.com

Old 05-03-2008, 02:04 AM
bvi
Banned
bvi is infamous around these parts
I agree, the 911 has obviously been displaced....

Old 05-03-2008, 02:26 AM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
GTR owners are pathetic

WOW, this forum has really gone downhill. What I don't understand is why all these GTR fanboys feel the need to come to Porsche forums and try to argue how much better their precious GTR is? If you truly believe in the car, you shouldn't feel the need to prove something to others. The fact that you need to put down Porsche in order to justify your decision of choosing the GTR only reflects how insecure you are in that decision. 911 owners know that they own truly amazing cars, that is why you don't see them trolling GTR boards trying to put down other people's cars. Even though I would consider purchasing the GTR myself down the road as an inexpensive track car, I would be embarrassed to be associated with the GTR community.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:21 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
See now I know you don't own a Porsche. If you are about to fault the timeless desgin of the 911, you are no Porsche owner fo sho.

Found another Fanboy! Call Security!!!!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 03:24 AM
Banned
There were no intentions from GTR fans to troll, rather if you notice the posts, they were to INFORM Porsche fans of what the GTR is capable of.
The majority of Porsche fans decided to get personally offended and viewed those posts as personal attacks on their beloved 911's and retaliated by making stupid and ignorant criticism of the GTR, such as "who cares", "its fugly", "its just a Nissan", "all the stats and comparisons are BS" and so on. Naturally, GTR fans responded, and the war starts.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:29 AM
Banned
See now I know you don't own a Porsche. If you are about to fault the timeless desgin of the 911, you are no Porsche owner fo sho
You are a moron and probably one of those typical posers in your Porker, if you do have one.
I buy cars because of their performance. The 997 turbo was IMO the best all round performance car you can get. Not anymore. I didn't buy it for the badge, i didn't buy it so that i could pose. I have to admit that it looks darn ugly at the front with the 30year old goofy headlights. I am honest and just because i own something doesn't mean that it is the best. If there is something out there that is better - i will acknowledge it. Unlike many on here, I will not try and defend my Porsche till the end regardless of how stupid i will sound in the process.

Last edited by skyline_man; 05-03-2008 at 03:32 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:12 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
Yawn....
yeah seriously.
might as well write some off topic posts for off topic thread!

7 in the morning finals on saturday ftl!

Old 05-03-2008, 04:16 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
You are a moron and probably one of those typical posers in your Porker, if you do have one.
I buy cars because of their performance. The 997 turbo was IMO the best all round performance car you can get. Not anymore. I didn't buy it for the badge, i didn't buy it so that i could pose. I have to admit that it looks darn ugly at the front with the 30year old goofy headlights. I am honest and just because i own something doesn't mean that it is the best. If there is something out there that is better - i will acknowledge it. Unlike many on here, I will not try and defend my Porsche till the end regardless of how stupid i will sound in the process.
Amazing that you as a "997 turbo owner" decided to wait and make your only posts on a Porsche forum to defend a car that isn't even sold yet outside of Japan.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan sets new time at the 'Ring with standard GT-R (Official)