997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Nissan sets new time at the 'Ring with standard GT-R (Official)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 05:15 AM
Z07
Banned
Z07 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bbywu
You want the bigger heavier car to crush a Porsche? Fine...Here you go...

You shouldn't be doing that with your mum.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:09 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
Can the Mods please move all these thread about GTR to it's own section.... It does not belong in the 997Turbo section....

Old 05-03-2008, 07:44 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tuskir
WOW, this forum has really gone downhill. What I don't understand is why all these GTR fanboys feel the need to come to Porsche forums and try to argue how much better their precious GTR is? If you truly believe in the car, you shouldn't feel the need to prove something to others. The fact that you need to put down Porsche in order to justify your decision of choosing the GTR only reflects how insecure you are in that decision. 911 owners know that they own truly amazing cars, that is why you don't see them trolling GTR boards trying to put down other people's cars. Even though I would consider purchasing the GTR myself down the road as an inexpensive track car, I would be embarrassed to be associated with the GTR community.

It's gone downhill because we have like 2 moderators. And have to hope they sort through all the GT-R threads before finding this mess if they ever do get to all of them.

But as far as the community, you'd be rightfully embarrassed to be a part of the GT-R community, which will probably still be a bit better than the poser GT-R community.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:54 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Can some one please freaking ban Z07? He's a ridiculous troll who's my age.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:10 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by skyline_man
You are a moron and probably one of those typical posers in your Porker, if you do have one.
I buy cars because of their performance. The 997 turbo was IMO the best all round performance car you can get. Not anymore. I didn't buy it for the badge, i didn't buy it so that i could pose. I have to admit that it looks darn ugly at the front with the 30year old goofy headlights. I am honest and just because i own something doesn't mean that it is the best. If there is something out there that is better - i will acknowledge it. Unlike many on here, I will not try and defend my Porsche till the end regardless of how stupid i will sound in the process.
The 930 has spent something like 32 years earning the reputation you speak of. It sure didn't earn it before it even got to our shores. And you are now ready to dismiss it for a car you can't even buy here yet. Forgive me if, in my opinion, you have jumped the gun a little in deciding who is the new "King of the Hill". The GT-R fanboys are displaying the "Mission Accomplished" mentality. Me thinks you have spoken too early.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Z07
Banned
Z07 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Can some one please freaking ban Z07? He's a ridiculous troll who's my age.
I'm more than 2 I'm afraid.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:38 AM
PbPedis is infamous around these parts
In Australia the 997 turbo retail for around $330 grand, the normal 911 for $200 grand, and the Cayman for $150 grand.
The R35 GTR retails for $150 grand - same as the Cayman. Even a retard with half a brain can see that the 997 turbo, or every Porsche is a rip off.
Besides, did Porsche sack their design team 30 years ago, cos the shape hasn't changed at all since then. Still, the 911 range looks nice though - except for the ugly face with the bug eyes.
Um, you just called yourself a retard
So, let's see the pics of your 997TT. I'd like one with the words "skyline_man" written on a sheet of paper and taped to the windshield. TIA.

Why is it that people fail to realize that it's not all about speed. If it were, why wouldn't we spend $30K on a gutted Civic modded to the **** and call it a day. I give Nissan all the kudos in the world. It looks to be a great car, at a great price, and unbeatable if you want to buy a car off the showroom and you live on a racetrack. Personally, I would never buy a sports car that didn't offer a proper manual gearbox, and I don't like the styling of the car. If I did, it would be at the top of the list. I'd still take a Z06 any day over a GTR, "crappy interior" and all.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:46 AM
[M3noDRFT] is infamous around these parts
I commend you Porsche people who actually carry respect (CROCRR). You can't respect the fact that a "rice burner" ****s on your 911 TTs? I personally find it hillarious that Nissan came up with a crazy weapon. Keep in mind as the article suggests, this is the STANDARD version. Imagine the Spec V.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:06 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by [M3noDRFT]
I commend you Porsche people who actually carry respect (CROCRR). You can't respect the fact that a "rice burner" ****s on your 911 TTs? I personally find it hillarious that Nissan came up with a crazy weapon. Keep in mind as the article suggests, this is the STANDARD version. Imagine the Spec V.

You guys don't get it. You've already claimed victory and you can't even go down and drive it off the dealership yet. How on earth can you claim it is all over for Porsche. It takes time to establish a record. So far, all the GT-R has established is that it has a questionable gearbox, will be very expensive to maintain, and crashes alot.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Banned
bonzelite is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by USCCayman
You guys don't get it. You've already claimed victory and you can't even go down and drive it off the dealership yet. How on earth can you claim it is all over for Porsche. It takes time to establish a record. So far, all the GT-R has established is that it has a questionable gearbox, will be very expensive to maintain, and crashes alot.
You're overstating the situation, darling.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Banned
skyline_man is infamous around these parts
Why is it that people fail to realize that it's not all about speed. If it were, why wouldn't we spend $30K on a gutted Civic modded to the **** and call it a day
Hahaha....most ignorant comment i've read in a long time!! Why stop there? Why not buy yourself a go cart for $100 and spend 30 grand on it? You're an idiot. Do you even read your own posts to see if they make any sense?
I will sell my 997 turbo to get the new GTR. I already have one on order. I can still get a good 250 odd grand for my turbo, get the GTR for 150 grand and have 100 grand left for mods, tyres, etc. I am into cars for their performance, state of the art technology and engineering masterpiece - with a little luxury as well. The new GTR fits that bill perfectly. If i wanted to pose - i'll get a Ferrari, not a Porsche. Some members here are posers, with not enough money to get a Ferrari - so they settled for a Porsche.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Banned
skyline_man is infamous around these parts
So far, all the GT-R has established is that it has a questionable gearbox, will be very expensive to maintain, and crashes alot.
Questionable gearbox? In a modified 600+ hp car that was used extensively on a track, the gearbox showed signs of wear. What's questionable about that? That is normal. What are you going to say next, errr after 20 laps around the Nurburgring, Porsche owners are noticing that the brake pads on the GTR have all worn out and are questioning the reliability of the GTR brake pads?
Yeah, and Porsche gearbox's and drivetrain etc last a lifetime? If they do, then why is it here on this forum that there are sub forums about gearbox problems, driveshafts problems, engine problems for Porsche etc? Talk about double standards eh?
And while your at it, why don't you mention that it's dirt cheap to run and maintain a Porsche 911 turbo too? Don't forget to say that Porsche don't crash as well.

Last edited by skyline_man; 05-03-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:46 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Questionable gearbox? In a modified 600+ hp car that was used extensively on a track, the gearbox showed signs of wear. What's questionable about that? That is normal.

No, it's not normal, and its not on modded cars

Old 05-03-2008, 03:04 PM
PbPedis is infamous around these parts
Hahaha....most ignorant comment i've read in a long time!! Why stop there? Why not buy yourself a go cart for $100 and spend 30 grand on it? You're an idiot. Do you even read your own posts to see if they make any sense?
I will sell my 997 turbo to get the new GTR. I already have one on order. I can still get a good 250 odd grand for my turbo, get the GTR for 150 grand and have 100 grand left for mods, tyres, etc. I am into cars for their performance, state of the art technology and engineering masterpiece - with a little luxury as well. The new GTR fits that bill perfectly. If i wanted to pose - i'll get a Ferrari, not a Porsche. Some members here are posers, with not enough money to get a Ferrari - so they settled for a Porsche.
Okay, go trade in your imaginary Porsche for your imaginary GTR. I do read my own posts. You think the GTR is the be all and end all of sports cars because it's cheap and fast. So is the Civic I mentioned. Read carefully...I did not buy my car because I wanted the fastest car. Understand? I don't want a slushbox. I don't want a car that I have to say to myself every time I look at it, "Why did I buy such a big ugly behemoth?".

While you're at it, why don't you also sell your Veyron along with the other 20 cars you don't own, or are you going to go down to your local dealership now and take some pics of someone else's car to try to prove me wrong?

Old 05-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Banned
bonzelite is infamous around these parts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan sets new time at the 'Ring with standard GT-R (Official)