997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Nissan sets new time at the 'Ring with standard GT-R (Official)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 01:36 PM
thbdaone is infamous around these parts
Nissan sets new time at the 'Ring with standard GT-R (Official)

Nissan's GT-R supercar has achieved a lap time at the infamous Nürburgring in Germany of 7:29.

Recorded on April 16 and 17, the GT-R used was a base specification car and fitted with the standard Japanese market tyres.

Driven by GT-R chief test driver Tochio Suzuki, this latest lap time beats the previous fastest time for the GT-R by nine seconds.

The previous best lap time for GT-R of 7:38, also driven by Suzuki, was one of the fastest laps achieved by a production car despite conditions being slightly damp on two corners.

"At last year's testing, we were frustrated by the conditions at the Nürburgring, always believing that the GT-R could go under seven minutes 30 seconds," said Kazutoshi Mizuno, Chief Vehicle Engineer for GT-R.

"Below seven minutes 30 seconds, the GT-R proves it is among the fastest mass-production cars in the world.

"We set out to build a multi-performance supercar accessible to anyone, anytime and anywhere - I believe the GT-R has delivered that promise."

Source Other Source Nissan Europe

Last edited by thbdaone; 05-01-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:46 PM
thbdaone is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Crash
Unless those tyres are made of superglue, I don´t buy it.
I guess it's on video. Well, we'll see soon.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:53 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Thanks for registering just to bring another Nissan thread to the Porsche 911 turbo forum. I will in kind start 6-10 troll threads on the NAGTROC and GTROC.uk in kind.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:04 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
sorry, but who gives a rat's ***?

Old 05-01-2008, 04:41 PM
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
7.29 with the standard car..that is amazing, I can only imagine that the spec-v would do low 7 20's or even high teens.
That is astonishing performance from a 1700kg Nissan!

Old 05-01-2008, 05:10 PM
jlingk is infamous around these parts
Still wouldn't trade in a Porsche for all the whiskey in Ireland, let alone some fugly rice burner.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:15 PM
nzk
nzk is infamous around these parts
kudos to Nissan for building a great car, hopefully this will induce porsche to up the ante on the 998. and acura to finally go ahead and make their v10 nsx.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:25 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thbdaone
Nissan's GT-R supercar has achieved a lap time at the infamous Nürburgring in Germany of 7:29.

Recorded on April 16 and 17, the GT-R used was a base specification car and fitted with the standard Japanese market tyres.

Driven by GT-R chief test driver Tochio Suzuki, this latest lap time beats the previous fastest time for the GT-R by nine seconds.

The previous best lap time for GT-R of 7:38, also driven by Suzuki, was one of the fastest laps achieved by a production car despite conditions being slightly damp on two corners.

"At last year's testing, we were frustrated by the conditions at the Nürburgring, always believing that the GT-R could go under seven minutes 30 seconds," said Kazutoshi Mizuno, Chief Vehicle Engineer for GT-R.

"Below seven minutes 30 seconds, the GT-R proves it is among the fastest mass-production cars in the world.

"We set out to build a multi-performance supercar accessible to anyone, anytime and anywhere - I believe the GT-R has delivered that promise."

Source Other Source Nissan Europe
Yawn....

Old 05-01-2008, 05:46 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Lol.......

Old 05-01-2008, 05:47 PM
wallmon is infamous around these parts
Oh, did you say something?

Old 05-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Akira has a spectacular aura aboutAkira has a spectacular aura about
Hmm... that means V-Spec will have to be doing 7:20 or less.

But more importantly it was on stock tires!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/nissan-g...9-seconds.html

Last edited by Akira; 05-01-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:47 PM
eclivia is infamous around these parts
lol i feel sorry for all the fanboiz living in there own little P world. Even tho its official time but they still and wont ever believe it. I just dont get it, i know that a 70k msrp car beat a over 100k P car. But that is life, you will never be a top dog. You dont hear Fcar or Lambo car complaining, even tho they are slower. At least there are some Pcar peep that give prop for GTR being overwieght but yet faster car. I respect them and they truely love there car because they have no jealousy in them yet open minded.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:09 PM
ihatepotholes is infamous around these partsihatepotholes is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Lol.......
fanboyz finally broke you down huh?

Old 05-01-2008, 08:11 PM
crocrr is infamous around these parts
That is an amazing time for such a heavy car. Nissan has hit it out of the park!!!
I still prefer my TT 6-speed though. It's all about what turns you on....not armchair racing.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:11 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Akira
Hmm... that means V-Spec will have to be doing 7:20 or less.

But more importantly it was on stock tires!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/nissan-g...9-seconds.html
You're such a troll.

Who cares.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan sets new time at the 'Ring with standard GT-R (Official)