997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tooki help Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:46 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Tooki help Please!

I just had the Tooki professionally installed in my MY08 997TT. Unfortunately I am very disappointed because my T-Mobile DASH phone will not pair with the Tooki at all. I have the latest software on both the phone and the Tooki. I have had Tony of www.NavTv.com call me and walked me through every idea he had but his response was "well I guess your phone is not compatible". This is my company issued phone, so I have no choice unless I purchase a second personal phone.

My questions for you all if you can help:

Does anyone have a T-Mobile DASH, and if so what software (or ?) do you have that I could compare against mine. Does it work well with the Tooki?

What kind of phone do others have that works well with their Tooki (no or few problems - and phone book transfers).

After reading the NavTv forum, it appears there are lots of problems with the Tooki. I am hoping you can provide some positive information and feedback for me. Thank you all.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Chicago_Steve is infamous around these parts
Unfortunately, I think that NAV-TV is having a lot of problems with the Tooki unit. I have not spoken with anyone who has one that is problem-free.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Greta, did you do both the Parrot update and the Tooki update? Apparently both are required. I spoke with Tony this morning about your issues and I know he's trying to resolve. The big point here is that no device is 100% compatible when it comes to fiber optics, but they are trying to work out the quirks for your phone.

Last edited by Eric (Plug Guy); 05-14-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:32 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I have no real issues with mine at all...other than no address book download...I have a blackberry

Old 05-14-2008, 08:48 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Greta, did you do both the Parrot update and the Tooki update? Apparently both are required. I spoke with Tony this morning about your issues and I know he's trying to resolve. The big point here is that no device is 100% compatible when it comes to fiber optics, but they are trying to work out the quirks for your phone.
Thanks Eric. I am just trying to resolve it to since I paid for the system and an install, I want to use it. Since other Dash phones do work with it, I just need to figure out why mine does not (and Derek's did not). I did check at work and they said I could switch to AT & T BLACKJACK. Do you know if that is a better alternative? The Blackberry is not a choice for us unfortunately.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:43 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure on BlackJack...did you ask Tony?

Old 05-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Not sure on BlackJack...did you ask Tony?
I did a post on the www.navtv.com forum and Tony answered today. He said they work well but I may have to pair it everytime I start the car! They ordered me one at work so I will let you know. Would still love to hear from other users as to their experience.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:07 AM
RiceEater is infamous around these parts
I have a blackjack. Works pretty well with TOOKI. It pairs automatically, although the phone numbers don't transfer, nor can they be saved from the "received calls" list.

Another minor annoyance is that the bluetooth connection never really turns off. If you are in range, it will automatically connect, despite the car being locked and off. This becomes problematic when you are still on the phone, in the car, and about to get out.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by RiceEater
I have a blackjack. Works pretty well with TOOKI. It pairs automatically, although the phone numbers don't transfer, nor can they be saved from the "received calls" list.

Another minor annoyance is that the bluetooth connection never really turns off. If you are in range, it will automatically connect, despite the car being locked and off. This becomes problematic when you are still on the phone, in the car, and about to get out.
Have you done the Parrot update? I am not totally sure what that is, but I keep hearing about it to resolve some of these problems?