997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Lowering springs, adequate amount but not excessively low...any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 02:20 PM
wbrownie has a spectacular aura aboutwbrownie has a spectacular aura aboutwbrownie has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gmoney
Just got a ride in the GMG Turbo with the level 2 suspension. 20mm drop, rides great in non sport mode, not harsh at all even in sport, very compliant. Much more reduced nose dive vs. stock on normal setting too. Looks like I will be going that route next week.
What does level 2 include? Spring, sways...what else?

Just ordered the springs this week. Thanks.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:26 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Springs, sways, and I believe the dog bone kit. I might be missing something, will post everything it includes the minute I get the quote back from Fabryce.

He said the springs and sways are doable on their own but highly recommended the other stuff due to crap factory bushings deflecting etc. Not probably missed on a street driven car but would come into play the harder you push it.

Im just doing the whole thing to save me going back a 2nd time later on! You know how mods are.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:31 PM
wbrownie has a spectacular aura aboutwbrownie has a spectacular aura aboutwbrownie has a spectacular aura about
Springs, sways, and I believe the dog bone kit. I might be missing something, will post everything it includes the minute I get the quote back from Fabryce.

He said the springs and sways are doable on their own but highly recommended the other stuff due to crap factory bushings deflecting etc. Not probably missed on a street driven car but would come into play the harder you push it.

Im just doing the whole thing to save me going back a 2nd time later on! You know how mods are.
Makes sense. Look forward to your impressions after install.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
ok, talked to Fabryce, car is scheduled in Wed morning. More than likely go with level 1* for now, thats what he quoted me on. Will drive it around and report back later in the week.

*(thats springs, sways and of course alignment).

Old 06-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
ok, talked to Fabryce, car is scheduled in Wed morning. More than likely go with level 1* for now, thats what he quoted me on. Will drive it around and report back later in the week.

I got the GMG spring and sways back in January. I find that the ride is very compliant in non sport mode while the sport is a bit more stiff and the undulations of the road are more easily felt. At higher speeds over 140 the non sport mode is still stable and forgiving without much rebound and compression.

At slower speeds I actually like the GMG springs in sport mode as the feedback is heightened but not too bumpy. There has been a few instances in sport mode at higher speeds (130+++) where the car was almost too bouncy. This was due to poor or uneven roads and that is where the non sport mode really shines.

Of course coilovers would be the best option but for those who dont track their car but still like to push their car on the street, the GMG springs have been very good to me. And of course the price difference is huge but that should not be an issue when dealing with a 140k car. Its really just boils down to how hard one pushes their car.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Go for GMG.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:18 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
gmoney,

I plan to do the exact same for my car. Fabryce has recommended to me full stiff for rear sway, full soft for front sway, is that what you plan to set yours to?

I plan to keep all alignment settings stock, EXCEPT for front camber. Stock front camber is -.4, some of the more knowledgeable people like eclou has theirs set at -1.2 so that the car doesn't push so much in corner. Do you plan to increase negative front camber?

When I spoke to Fabryce, I forgot to ask what exactly the alignment settings for their demo turbo are, at least as far as the front and rear camber settings (the other two parameters, toe and caster, shouldn't change much from stock AFAIK). If you do find out from Fabryce, please post. (I'll ask him to when I drop off the car.)

Vic55 (hi), if PSS10 is what you are talking about, I believe the GMG springs are actually stiffer than PSS10's springs. In that sense, maybe the 2 are just different from each other, not worse or better?

Last edited by cannga; 06-02-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Can, have not discussed alignment actually, was going to go with what they recommended. Will talk to Fabryce about it tomorrow morning, thank you for the heads up!

Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Can, have not discussed alignment actually, was going to go with what they recommended. Will talk to Fabryce about it tomorrow morning, thank you for the heads up!

I've read about people going for the GT3 alignment, It seems that thats the norm these days.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:03 AM
dubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura about
Here's a good pic to show you the new ride height with H&R's. The ride is great, slightly stiffer than stock, but maintains a lot of the good characteristics of the stock setup while adding a nice sporty look and feel.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
FYI I went with what Fabryce recommended- aggressive non track set up.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Vic55, did you install the toe steer and dog bone kit also?

Old 06-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Vic55, did you install the toe steer and dog bone kit also?
I did not do those mods. Are you gonna do those??

Old 06-03-2008, 04:27 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
You are welcome. Obviously complicated issue, but I've read up a lot on what people do and those 2 parameters (sway bar settings and front camber) I mentioned are the only ones that are relevant, AFAIK.

I had my sway bar installed already but have not yet decided on Bilstein PSS10 vs. GMG spring. I am leaning more and more towards Bilstein.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Not if I dont need it! Or at least if it can align fine without them then I see no reason for them as I dont track the TT.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowering springs, adequate amount but not excessively low...any suggestions?