997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Why Did The Gtr Beat The Gt3 And Bmw3 On A Track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:27 AM
N Ireland D is infamous around these parts
Why Did The Gtr Beat The Gt3 And Bmw3 On A Track

Why did the nissan gtr beat the porsche 997 gt3 on a race track in a autocar test???? Heavychevy says it was because of the driver Chris Harris but as alot of people know chris harris is a very good driver, and a porsche lover. so is there another reason apart from what heavychevy says????

Old 05-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Mycab is infamous around these parts
The second part of that question could be,in my opinion,does anyone here even care?

Old 05-21-2008, 10:36 AM
davyr6 is infamous around these parts
why?more power?4wheel drive?more advanced?better car maybe?
but ill still would prefer a p car

Old 05-21-2008, 10:43 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
it's because all Chris had to do was type in the track he was at and then the GTR drove around it with zero input from Chris

atleast, that's what I assume when everyone says the GTR is not a drivers car and drives itself

Old 05-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mycab
The second part of that question could be,in my opinion,does anyone here even care?
+1

Old 05-21-2008, 11:45 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
The GTR was faster on that day on that track driven by that driver. There, done deal. Close thread.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Why is this hear? Does anyone moderate the forums anymore? We should rename the forum the GTR forum.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:30 PM
MichaelJr1186 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Periokid
Why is this hear? Does anyone moderate the forums anymore? We should rename the forum the GTR forum.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:54 PM
PbPedis is infamous around these parts
What's a GTR?

Old 05-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Mycab is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PbPedis
What's a GTR?
Well it's Got Trolls Ready

Old 05-21-2008, 07:19 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
I love how all the 997tt people get so defensive. The GTR is nice, and the Porsche is even nicer. It's all fair game, give credit where credit is due. I'd still pick a 997tt (on the way) over a gtr, but still give it respect.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Periokid
I hear you just fine.

All these GTR threads make me giggle like a school girl. All the P boys get their panties all up in a bunch.
I won't deny their entertainment value though. Keep on.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:33 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Perhaps the Gtr is a new step in automobile technology where the transmission factors out the human error component with the more driver oriented Gt3 . The hands on manual transmission places the driver in charge rather than a computer .

Ar some point Porsche will offer the new and exciting and maybe someday in the future a car will simply drive by itself.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:09 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Maybe because you are a TROLL and you keep on bring this CRAP back up time and time again.

Let it rest would ya? Go play in the street or something.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:20 AM
OT997 is infamous around these parts
Maybe we should start a new thread: Why the Porsche Turbo will beat the GTR to my wallet - every time!

You see while I'd certainly enjoy driving a GTR around a track just as I would any car, I just wouldn't enjoy the ownership as much as I do the 997TT. Call it elitist - perhaps, but there's something to be said about the soul and exclusivity of a driving machine. Marques such as Ferrari, Aston, Lamborghini, Bugatti, etc. build their entire companies around it. And because of this exclusivity and 'soul' it changes the ownership and loyalty experience dramatically, even to the point of vehemently defending the virtues of a car in the face of purer performance statistics. Soul and exclusivity must be earned over the years, and we'll see how that evolves for the GTR.

Having owned a 1998 C4S previously then several M cars and most recently an M6, I can state that while the M6 was fast and brilliant in many ways and it may be BMW's "Ultimate Driving Machine" it doesn't have the soul of the 997 Turbo.

Bottom line I purchased my turbo looking for that Porsche essence or soul. Its about the way it makes me feel both inside and outside the car, at rest or at speed. Yeah there will always be faster, cheaper cars, and for that matter faster drivers. But for me it's easy: the Porsche will win over my wallet vs a GTR every time. An F430..... well that might be a different story.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why Did The Gtr Beat The Gt3 And Bmw3 On A Track