997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sorry guys-- I couldn't resist the hype: just ordered a GT-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:35 PM
dmoney is infamous around these parts
mannn your screwwed, lol.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:30 PM
richtor is infamous around these parts
are these out yet? i saw one on the road the other day. however the nissan test track is less than 10 miles from my house.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:37 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by richtor
are these out yet? i saw one on the road the other day. however the nissan test track is less than 10 miles from my house.

They sure are. My neighbor bought one.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:00 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by richtor
I think the launch cars are coming in June. Mine is August build slot.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
They sure are. My neighbor bought one.
They are not out yet. The June release was pushed back until early July.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:48 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
They are not out yet. The June release was pushed back until early July.
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=213341

Old 05-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Black V12 is infamous around these parts
I think the economy will affect GT-R buyers more than Ferrari/Lambo buyers, and even more than high-end Porsche buyers. The Playstation kids (who waited for the Elise to come stateside and now are waiting to live out their R33 GT-R fantasies) are likely the ones with less job security and more concerns in this economy. Meanwhile, I'm just happy there weren't any (negative) surprises from the XOM shareholders meeting...

Seriously, though, I think Nissan's clientele for the GT-R doesn't overlap as much with other high-end brands as they'd like to believe. An interesting statistic will be how many GT-R buyers are paying cash and what % of the cars ends up leased.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:22 AM
oc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really nice
did u get it at sticker?

Old 05-28-2008, 03:13 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chrisn
Sorryguys-- I couldnt resist the hype: just ordered a GT-R
+

I hope I don't regret buying such an ugly car.
=

Regardless of what car you're buying. You have too much money if you're buying cars you think are ugly just to have had one.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:41 AM
TurboAWD is infamous around these parts
August build/Sept Delivery. Super Silver over black + Premium package.

The plan is to keep the 997TT, so I will offer detailed comparo when I get the car.

I hope I don't regret buying such an ugly car, but I think it will be fun to be one of the first to drive this historic vehicle.
Couldn't resist too. Ordered one for myself also.

Be happy that even if you guys pay with a premium, you are still getting it way cheaper than us.

When I got my 997TT, it converts to US$240,000 because of import duties. The GTR I ordered will come to US$180,000.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:56 AM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
He definitely didn't get it from a US Nissan Dealer. The cars haven't even got here yet. Imported from Japan maybe?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:44 AM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Regardless of what car you're buying. You have too much money if you're buying cars you think are ugly just to have had one.

By any reasonable global standard, all 997TT owners have too much money.

I'm not getting the GT-R (purely) for novelty value or as a trinket--- I happen to think it is a step forward in technology and performance value, despite being ugly. ;-)

Old 05-28-2008, 10:11 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
hey chris, congrats and it'll be interesting to see what you think! I can see in most hands it will be faster around a track because of the fact it's got the flappy paddles but nonetheless you can't argue with how it's done performance-wise so far!

Old 05-28-2008, 10:30 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
you can't argue with how it's done performance-wise so far!

Some folks on this board seem to differ with that opinion!

Personally - if I could find one @ MSRP I'd try and find a way to fund it. The dealers I have spoken with wanted 20-30K over. Not gonna happen.

Last edited by lig; 05-28-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Seen C&D, July '08 issue yet?

M3 v. GTR v. 997 turbo

conclusions
1) the 6 speed turbo outperformed the GTR in acceleration tests
2) the GTR was the pick for the track, but was considered much less refined for the street than the other two. In fact by the end of the test the GTR was creaking, groaning and its transmission was making strange noises.
3) GTR scored higher in the overall results than the turbo due to its superior back seat, truck space and price advantage
4) turbo scored last due to its price
5) M3 won the test even though it was not in the same class performance wise, but they loved the overall package

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sorry guys-- I couldn't resist the hype: just ordered a GT-R