997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sorry guys-- I couldn't resist the hype: just ordered a GT-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 01:02 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
He definitely didn't get it from a US Nissan Dealer. The cars haven't even got here yet. Imported from Japan maybe?
I don't know how he got it here, but it's here.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
I don't know how he got it here, but it's here.
Where there's a will, there's a way(or Where there's money, there's a way).

Old 05-28-2008, 06:02 PM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
I have seen a red one driving around here for the last 2 or 3 weeks. I believe it belongs to one of the big wigs at Nissan since they have moved their North American hqts here. I have always been in my Range Rover and not my TT when I see him so no playing around with him. I know the car may be a bad *** but when you see it in person you look at it and say "what is that" and "whatever it is it looks kind of funky". Not really anything that catches your eye if you know what I mean. It kind of blends in with the surroundings.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Murtaza is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alan
5) M3 won the test even though it was not in the same class performance wise, but they loved the overall package
Thats just plain stupid. How could they compare the 997TT and GT-R with an E92 M3.......

I really want to know what person on this planet would pick an M3 over a 997TT...

Old 06-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
I know some guys on here were looking for a GT-R. There is a post for a July delivery at $10k over on NAGTROC. I don't know the details or who the poster is. Just wanted anyone interested to have a chance at it.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=22884

Old 06-02-2008, 03:25 PM
asaulo1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Murtaza
Thats just plain stupid. How could they compare the 997TT and GT-R with an E92 M3.......

I really want to know what person on this planet would pick an M3 over a 997TT...
Probably not over a 997TT but definitely over the GT-R....

Old 06-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
As far as the GT-R being on the road here and there, I was at a tuning shop in Huntington Beach (BBI Autosport) and they had pictures of a silver GT-R parked in front of their shop from a couple of months ago. It was actually a lady reporter from Road & Track. So they are around.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:48 PM
nzk
nzk is infamous around these parts
wow...let us know if losing $10K instantly is worth the feeling of being one of the first to work out all the bugs in that car.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:06 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nzk
wow...let us know if losing $10K instantly is worth the feeling of being one of the first to work out all the bugs in that car.

Why are you sweating him if he wants to buy something that he wants?

Old 06-02-2008, 08:52 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by nzk
You don't have to wait for the answer. I've paid premiums before and it was worth it (to me). As a matter of fact, forget about premiums: if you bought your 997TT at MSRP, you too know the feeling of losing $10K+ as you drive out of the dealer. That's the price of admission to drive a new car built exactly to your spec.....

Look, I know paying premiums isn't wise investing, but sometimes you just want to say "F it. I want it now."

-Chris

Last edited by chrisn; 06-02-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:04 AM
rafiki is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nzk
WOW!

Let us know when you've read Dale Carnegie's book if investing $11.20 is worth the value of overcoming a part of your personality that, perhaps unintentionally, annoys, irritates and attracts scorn.

Last edited by rafiki; 06-03-2008 at 04:06 AM.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:29 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by chrisn
Look, I know paying premiums isn't wise investing, but sometimes you just want to say "F it. I want it now."

Touche good sir, touche.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Greg H is infamous around these parts
The good news is that ChrisN tracks his cars. Forget the magazine articles with pro-drivers - it will be interestiing to see whether the GT-R is faster around the track than a 997TT in a mortal's hands.

It will be interesting to see if its faster than a 993TT, for that matter.

Greg

Old 06-04-2008, 06:20 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
I'd like to see GTR in person to see what sort of street presence, if any, this car has. I saw one during the auto show and I can't say I was too impressed. Nonetheless, I am drawn to its performancetechnology.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Leviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond repute
i agree. i always like the R34, but this new one doesn't do it for me. its best feature is the free spinning twin clutch. that 0-60 time is very impressive. just imagine what will happen when that technology hits the V8s and V12s

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sorry guys-- I couldn't resist the hype: just ordered a GT-R