997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

The Day I Met Lewis Hamilton . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
The Day I Met Lewis Hamilton . . .

Well, today was certainly a day to remember. Today I met Lewis Hamilton - my favorite Formula 1 driver. He came to visit some mutual friends in OC and my son and I got invited to meet him. What a great person. He was kind, patient and gracious. We talked for about half an hour. He was with Adrian Sutil of Force India. Adrian was very nice too. We talked about his bad fortune at Monaco last week. Lewis was warm and humble. He autographed several pieces of memorabilia and spent as much time chatting with us as he could spare. When he left, he called us by name and said "God Bless." I must admit that I was more than a little bit star struck.

This was certainly a dream day for me and my son. I wanted to share it with my friends on 6Speed. And since I know how you guys are about "pics or ban" . . .

Lewis with me.

Lewis with me and my son.

Me and Adrian Sutil

Last edited by Barrister; 05-31-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:41 PM
torment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud of
That is awesome.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:47 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Lol, now this is a fanboy thread I can get in on

Lewis is awesome

Old 05-31-2008, 05:55 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Definitely one of the cooler stories I've read in a while.

That's awesome, I remember seeing him on a Top Gear episode. He seemed very humble, glad to see this could be verified off of television as well.

Seems like a great guy with a widespread fan base - for multiple reasons.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:04 PM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
Nice!

Old 05-31-2008, 06:16 PM
JDN17 is infamous around these parts
Very cool... thanks for sharing.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:38 PM
OT997 is infamous around these parts
Thank goodness you at least have the SLK still to warrant wearing the cap

I'm glad that you have relayed this story since I have been "going off" Lewis recently as I felt he was becoming a prima donna. Of course that's all packaged through the media so it's impossible to get to understand the real person.

Was Adrian still pissed at Kimi and desirous of a multi-race ban . He had a phenomenal drive last week.

Anyway I guess you'll be watching next weekend's race from my home town of origin with renewed interest. It won't be easy for Mclaren-Mercedes. Last weekend Lewis's early bad luck ended up giving him a terrific out of sequence race strategy wrt to tire selection. Notwithstanding it was an outstanding drive last weekend!

Old 05-31-2008, 06:55 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Looks like you guys had a fun day !

Old 05-31-2008, 07:32 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
wow! Good for you. Jealous...

Old 05-31-2008, 07:41 PM
NYSEGuy is infamous around these parts
Wow! What a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Old 05-31-2008, 08:43 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Wow...that's fantastic. One of my favorite F1 drivers too...great to know he's a nice guy in real life too.

His appearance on Top Gear is a pretty funny one if of you haven't seen it, kinda confirms what you observed first hand IMO.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 05-31-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:44 PM
cycloobsessed is infamous around these parts
Awesome! One of my favorite F1 drivers!

Old 05-31-2008, 09:34 PM
///M3TZ is infamous around these parts
You lucky SOB

Old 05-31-2008, 09:43 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Great experience!

Old 05-31-2008, 10:38 PM
XselR8 is infamous around these parts
Barrister your a rock star. How did you pull that off? You must be runnin with some ballers to get that hook up. I can now see why your such a Hamilton fan. Your the offical F-1 thread starter from here on out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Day I Met Lewis Hamilton . . .