997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dension Customers, ready for Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 09:42 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Dension Customers, ready for Bluetooth?

Yep, finally out of beta testing (three months!) and this thing is fantastic! Installs in minutes to the main Dension unit, then route your mic to the dome lamp area or steering column, and that is ALL!

Pairs, downloads phonebook, voice command, etc.

Must have PCM with telephone buttons on the PCM panel, but no other major install issues, no fiber routing, just plug it into your Dension GW500 unit and that's all there is to it. We have found this thing to really do everything we had hoped, and more. And for $349!

Again, you must have the main GW500 Dension Kit installed, PCM with telephone buttons, and this just plugs in from there.

And for the first 50 US customers, we'll ship it for free.

Go here: www.BumperPlugs.com, click the Order tab, we just received inventory so they are in stock and ready to go right now!

Old 06-13-2008, 01:27 PM
larrytrk is infamous around these parts
Unit works like a charm!! Esp. "Voice Dial"!

Old 06-13-2008, 02:58 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Larry,
I thought you had the First BT unit??

Old 06-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Hassan is infamous around these parts
So just to be clear, with both devices, I could listen to music from my iphone and receive calls with the bluetooth?

Old 06-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hassan
So just to be clear, with both devices, I could listen to music from my iphone and receive calls with the bluetooth?
Precisely.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:46 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
About time they brought this to the public. Thanks for letting us know, Eric.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:21 PM
InTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud of
Order placed and waiting for delivery.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:37 PM
otis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to behold
What the?

Eric,
How do I not get upset when just over a month ago I purchased a Dension and a Tooki unit from you? Why not let me know in a month this product will be ready and is in beta and nearly ready to ship? I wasted nearly $1000 in installation and additional expense for the the Tooki.

I should be happy you at least gave me a reasonable discount? What's a grand to me?

I sure am glad I am one of the lucky ones to have no problems with my tooki unit. Since we are calling out others for customer service issues here is my 2 cents.

Otis

Old 06-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Former Vendor
Otis, this unit has been in development for a long time, most folks realized the earlier Dension BT adapter was not good, and we took it off the market. We were not aware when a replacement would show, if at all.

However, there was never a timeline or product release date, and we'd been selling Tooki units as the only seemingly viable BT solution for our Porsche customers. There was no way we knew when this would come, much less if it would be any better than the first round, or at what price. No different than any other technical/technological advance. New stuff is usually around the corner.

But glad what you have is working. We are not in the business of hiding things....nor would we do so. However, for those who still ONLY want or need BT, the Tooki is the answer, and we still provide dealers with them for that purpose.

If you feel slighted, or that our service was in any way not 100%, please email me anytime. We provided your products ordered in an expedient fashion, they function as described, and we provided a discount to boot.

Not much different from someone who gets their '08 Turbo this month, to find that some changes are in store for those delivered two months later. Except in those cases, Porsche and many of us already know what's coming.

Thanks.

Last edited by Eric (Plug Guy); 06-15-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Topless TTS is infamous around these parts
Voice command is a purely function of the phone itself or a function of the BTA1500? I do not see any listing of compatible phones...I have a Blackberry 8700C that does not have its own voice activated dialing, is it compatible? Would it then be able to have voice dialing with the BTA1500?
Thx Eric,

Old 06-19-2008, 04:21 AM
Former Vendor
Although the BB is not listed yet, we paired it on the first try with one installation. Voice command is phone dependent.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:22 AM
blue997 is infamous around these parts
How does the sound quality compare to the tooki?
Is this a full duplex system?
Is there enough noise cancellation ability for you to be heard when, say, driving on the freeway with the top up, what about top down?
Any details on microphone installation?
Thanks!

Old 07-02-2008, 01:12 AM
cayenne-tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blue997
How does the sound quality compare to the tooki?
Is this a full duplex system?
Is there enough noise cancellation ability for you to be heard when, say, driving on the freeway with the top up, what about top down?
Any details on microphone installation?
Thanks!
Bump - I have the same questions as above.. anyone know? Thanks!

Old 07-02-2008, 01:18 AM
blue997 is infamous around these parts
I sent a note to Eric directly. Apparently, the system is pretty new, he has one report from a cab owner "Love it, love it, love it. No problems - I use it with top down or up and it sounds about the same". However, frankly, I have a very hard time believing that performance is the same top up or top down and so I am waiting for more reports. Apparently, the system has one microphone only "mic has a larger covering on it" and it is recommended that it is mounted to the left of the dome light.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:25 AM
cayenne-tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blue997
I sent a note to Eric directly. Apparently, the system is pretty new, he has one report from a cab owner "Love it, love it, love it. No problems - I use it with top down or up and it sounds about the same". However, frankly, I have a very hard time believing that performance is the same top up or top down and so I am waiting for more reports. Apparently, the system has one microphone only "mic has a larger covering on it" and it is recommended that it is mounted to the left of the dome light.

Thanks blue997!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dension Customers, ready for Bluetooth?