997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Race Fuel In Orange County, CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 04:29 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Ouch!

Old 06-16-2008, 01:04 PM
skyytek is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 997TT
You're Welcome! There are also a few VP Racing Fuel pump locations in the area that I will post later today. I have the addresses saved in my Nav. I mix 100 octane with premium pump gas and it makes a huge difference in the turbo.
Do you have a list for PA by any chance ?. for VP Racing fuel I mean.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:24 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Old 06-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Robert, I am missing the HB location on the map? Or is it not listed?

Old 06-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Banned
LA TECH is infamous around these parts

This was very helpful. Great find.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Not listed but here it is. Ace Auto in HB Magnolia and Adams, 714-964-2000. Tell them that I sent you!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Old 06-16-2008, 10:29 PM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
A couple of locations that I buy VP 100 at the pump are
The Auto Spa
25172 Cabot Rd
Laguna Hills, CA
The Auto Spa is right off the Interstate 5 with quick and easy access. A great place to stop for the runs between OC and SD.

6089 La Flecha
Rancho Santa Fe, CA
A small gas station that sells VP 100 at the pump.

Sorry but I don't have any info for VP in the PA area.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
A couple of locations that I buy VP 100 at the pump are
The Auto Spa
25172 Cabot Rd
Laguna Hills, CA
The Auto Spa is right off the Interstate 5 with quick and easy access. A great place to stop for the runs between OC and SD.
Unfortunately, The Auto Spa no longer sells 100 octane. I called them first and they said they no longer have it. That is a bummer because they are very close to me.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:53 PM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
That is a bummer, that was my primary stop. I may have to break down and buy a drum after all.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:58 PM
XselR8 is infamous around these parts
Can someone explain this? I was always taught that if a motor was designed to run on 92 pump gas then extra octane was a waste of money Why would it work on a TT?

Just asking.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by XselR8
Can someone explain this? I was always taught that if a motor was designed to run on 92 pump gas then extra octane was a waste of money Why would it work on a TT?

Just asking.
A very good question. I don't have an answer, but I can vouch for its effectiveness. Don't take our word for it. Just put 2-3 gallons in with a tank otherwise full of 91 octane and see for yourself. I was also skeptical but am now very much convinced.

Then again, I have an ECU flash meant to take advantage of the higher octane. I don't know how a bone stock ECU would react.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:27 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute

Just asking.
what about non turbo engin? if I use race car in my car would it make any difference?

Old 06-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
what about non turbo engin? if I use race car in my car would it make any difference?
I have heard that it only really works well in turbo charged cars. I have not tried it in a normally aspirated car.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:32 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vic55
Thats the place I used to go when I had my CL65- I havent been there with the TT. I think I paid 5.99 back in the day.
I remember when it was $4.99....how times have changed

Old 06-17-2008, 09:36 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !

Just asking.

because the factory ECU's are set up to run the higher octanes efficiently. Basically they don't burn the gas fast enough to make it effective.

Many cars that run 87 for example, lose power when running 91 because they aren't setup to run the higher octane.

Doing a tune, etc you can enable the car to properly handle the higher octanes

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Race Fuel In Orange County, CA