997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Race Fuel In Orange County, CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:37 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
what about non turbo engin? if I use race car in my car would it make any difference?
no, not unless you re-tune the ECU to take advantage of it.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Banned
LA TECH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by XselR8
Can someone explain this? I was always taught that if a motor was designed to run on 92 pump gas then extra octane was a waste of money Why would it work on a TT?

Just asking.

The computer on a TT is very sophisticated and is constantly adjusting timing as well as air to fuel mixture. Therefore, by increasing octane you allow the computer to recalibrate and run at it's optimum potential.

A normally aspirated car on the other hand is affected but not as noticable. You can clearly see this when doing a performance ECU. The normally aspirated car will only give you 20Hp if your lucky, meanwhile the TT will give you more then double. This is mainly due to the increase in boost.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:26 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I thought someone dyno'ed this a few months ago...a 997TT running various octane fuel mixes with a non-modified ECU. Anyone still have a link to the graphs?

Old 06-18-2008, 06:42 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I believe the only benifit from high octane gas in a NA and non flashed car is that the engine will run cooler.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
I have decided to purchase a 10 gallon drum of race gas and keep it at my house. Can anyone suggest what I need to buy in order to get the gas from the drum into my car? I want to use a 10% mixture at first - 1.8 gallons per tank.

Any ideas?? Thanks.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:10 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I use the Syphon Pump that I purchased on VP Racing's web site. It cost $30.00

Here is the link. http://www.vpracingfuels.com/handpump.html

Old 06-19-2008, 10:29 AM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
I found this link with a little more info with a blend chart.

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...d=17&Itemid=33

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_octane_blending_chart.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	72596  

Last edited by WildBill; 06-19-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:35 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Barrister
I have decided to purchase a 10 gallon drum of race gas and keep it at my house. Can anyone suggest what I need to buy in order to get the gas from the drum into my car? I want to use a 10% mixture at first - 1.8 gallons per tank.

Any ideas?? Thanks.

I highly recommend buying a bigger drum

Old 06-20-2008, 05:58 AM
I get the 5 gallon drums because I store them on the side of my house and they are easy to bring over to the P-car when it is time to fill her up. I have also experienced evaporation in the larger drums when I only used a portion of the gas.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:00 AM
Originally Posted by Barrister

Any ideas?? Thanks.
Yes, go 100%.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by robertp
Yes, go 100%.

I would love to but my wife is a little freaked out by the prospect of a $200 fill up. With time, I am sure I can work my way to full tanks. But right now, I have to keep the peace at home.

The 5 gallon tank is perfect for me right now. I store it in my garage and bought a nice hand pump and clear gas can with well defined measurements labeled on it. With my kids around, I don't want anything they might be able to knock over and hurt themselves. Better safe than sorry when the kids are involved.

I put in 3 gallons yesterday with a fill up and immediately felt the increase in hp and boost. I am totally hooked.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:57 PM
I hear you. I have three small kids and have to keep them away from the VP 109. Also, my wife does not know about my octane habit.