997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Unf*knbelievable - car keyed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 07:00 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
What a sick person. If it is any consolation, the person who did it is probably tortured with hate, envy, and low self-esteem.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:01 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It's terrible . I feel yout pain .I've had FOUR bad Porsche events as follows :

1) 95 993 -- Actually caught a theif inside my car trying to steal it . When I confronted him from a distance he jumped out and dove into a getway truck (no tag) and they nearly ran me over trying to escape . (police report filed)
2) 00 996 --car randomly keyed in parking lot at a shopping mall in a region far from my house .
3) 02 996 - Front end completely torn off by xenon light theives while I was lap swimming .(Police report filed)
4) 05 -C2S - Lights stolen so many times that I sold the car . One time they were stolen while I ate dinner at a restuarant and the car was in valet possession . (police report filed)

At that point I could not take it anymore so I leased a BMW 330i for 18 months to heal . I drove up to the BMW dealership with my lights hanging off the rear of that car.

18 months later I was back in a Porsche . First a C2S and now a 997tt .

I now drive a second car -Honda Civic Si to MOST public places . My 997tt is ONLY used for select drives in an effort to preserve it . I do not worry about the Civic .

Conclusion -- The car can be fixed but the emotional scar will last until you process your feelings and cope in an effort to move on . It takes time and it may even lead to making a choice as i have where I drive a much more anonymous car to not only preseve my car but also to reduce the potential for my own stress .

I wish you the best and hope this helps.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:07 PM
matteblack997 is infamous around these parts
Damn Bro sorry to hear that some people are just pissed off at life and take it out on people who have taken the action in becoming something more in life

Old 06-17-2008, 07:24 PM
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
If i caught anyone in the act of doing it to my car,they would be knee-capped!

Old 06-17-2008, 07:30 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
That F*ng sucks. Thats why i cleared bra'd my whole car. F*ng jealous haters.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:39 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
sorry to hear man. this is one of the many reasons i hate the bay area. Unfortunately, because of **** like this, I never drive my weekend cars to SF. If I do, I have to stay with my car at all times... jealous haters are abundant here in the bay. Most likely some ricer kid... meh.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:51 PM
EdoctaT is infamous around these parts
Very sorry to hear this- I would be furious!
On a different note, do you have the Black Series that is often in Montclair, in that little parking lot?

Old 06-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Zotic is infamous around these parts
There are some real jerks out there, some people have no respect for others things.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:01 PM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
I don't even know where to start. Today started off with beautiful weather in the Bay, which ended with this happening that got me so sick that I wanted to literally burst in tears of anger. I had a panic attack when I first saw my car with complete disbelief of what had occurred. This has never happened to me before, so I couldn't relate to (at least emotionally) to the anger of members here going through the same ordeal. Right now, I have thoughts and emotions that I never thought I would have towards anyone. I work damn hard for everything I could enjoy, which makes me wonder why anyone would do such a thing.

If out of pure chance the person who did this is on this board you should be damn ashamed of doing something like this. A car is a car, but it is MY car. Nobody has any right to do this. I'm sure karma would come right back to you many folds over.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:07 PM
khaosai is infamous around these parts
Hi Jim,

sorry to hear about such a thing. Shame these idiots never seem to get caught in the act.

Rgds.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:16 PM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
That's terrible . I haven't had my car keyed yet, but my car was egged in a parking lot of a restaurant a couple of years ago. The person(s) who did it must have thrown half a dozen eggs at it.

The best thing to do (other than trying to bring the perp to justice) is to realize that stuff like this happens. You have to get over it and try to fix the damage as soon as posible. Also, learn from this and try to be extra careful next time. Dwelling on your misfortune will only continue to hurt you. That's exactly what that jerk wants.

Good luck

Old 06-17-2008, 08:31 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
So sorry - that makes me just sick to my stomach thinking about it. I would be just as angry - hopefully you will be able to get it back to like new condition.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:20 PM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Boy I would be fuming mad. That is an act from a coward, not a man. As a fellow San Franciscan my heart goes out to you. Its this reason why I don't feel comfortable parking my car around town...too many ignorant idiots! Hopefully a good body shop can take care of the scratch without a re-paint. Take it to a reputable body shop.

Last edited by gradyex; 06-17-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:26 PM
lob12 is infamous around these parts
Same ****ing thing happend to me when I was at the gym 2 years ago...pearl yellow lamborghini. I was so pissed and saddened that somwone would do that...it took me 2 months to "interview" shops. Found the greatest place in the world and would not trust anyone else ever with my car. PM or call me if you need a shop.

Chris
(408) 497-6611

Originally Posted by JimGT3
Where to start oh where to start. Excuse my emotions right now guys. I took my Black Series out with my friend driving my Turbo to go for a nice cruise today. We made a quick stop for some sashimi over in Japantown in San Francisco for about an hr. When I returned, I started noticing what I initially thought were streaks from wiping on the door. As I got closer to the car, I realized in horror, someone had keyed my passenger's side door!!!!!!! The two of us looked all over both cars and fortunately, it was only on the passenger's side...grrrrrrr. We then walked around to nearby restaurants and not one friggin witness. I am very upset right now and also a bit saddened that anyone would do this to my baby. I don't have enemies, I only have friends, so my only assumption here is it was a coincidental act of screwed up human nature.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:30 PM
krown05 is infamous around these parts
I'm terribly sorry that your car got keyed. Its happened to me in the past and I know exactly how you feel. Best of luck with the repairs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Unf*knbelievable - car keyed