997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Unf*knbelievable - car keyed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
I used to live is SF....There is the anti car thing going on there. The nicer the car the more they **** with it. There are website and blogs in SF that encourage vandalizing nice cars. I never parked my Porsche in SF unless i could see it. Ask Fred (Pet Frog), I'm sure he never leaves his CGT out of his site.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:09 PM
HRTC is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear that. Just another reason I carry a gun. I would have a hard time stopping pistol wiping that MF if I didn’t shoot him in both kneecaps first. Good luck with the repairs.

Last edited by HRTC; 06-17-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:27 PM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by yrralis1
It's terrible . I feel yout pain .I've had FOUR bad Porsche events as follows :

1) 95 993 -- Actually caught a theif inside my car trying to steal it . When I confronted him from a distance he jumped out and dove into a getway truck (no tag) and they nearly ran me over trying to escape . (police report filed)
2) 00 996 --car randomly keyed in parking lot at a shopping mall in a region far from my house .
3) 02 996 - Front end completely torn off by xenon light theives while I was lap swimming .(Police report filed)
4) 05 -C2S - Lights stolen so many times that I sold the car . One time they were stolen while I ate dinner at a restuarant and the car was in valet possession . (police report filed)

At that point I could not take it anymore so I leased a BMW 330i for 18 months to heal . I drove up to the BMW dealership with my lights hanging off the rear of that car.

18 months later I was back in a Porsche . First a C2S and now a 997tt .

I now drive a second car -Honda Civic Si to MOST public places . My 997tt is ONLY used for select drives in an effort to preserve it . I do not worry about the Civic .

Conclusion -- The car can be fixed but the emotional scar will last until you process your feelings and cope in an effort to move on . It takes time and it may even lead to making a choice as i have where I drive a much more anonymous car to not only preseve my car but also to reduce the potential for my own stress .

I wish you the best and hope this helps.
I am sorry to hear this. It takes a coward to do this to a car of any level. It certainly does scar. I would think twice about where I'm parking - I just never thought an hour lunch would result in disgust.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:06 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JimGT3
I am sorry to hear this. It takes a coward to do this to a car of any level. It certainly does scar. I would think twice about where I'm parking - I just never thought an hour lunch would result in disgust.
I know the sinking feeling which you shared . For me it was like the inner child wanted to cry wheras the adult faced anger and in the end I sat there numb with the emotions in those moments .

What i learned was coping skills in my heal time. I figured that I could remain a "victim" or I could view the car as it's perceived by the offender making it a "target" .

Once I accepted that the car itself can be a target my objective was to reduce the risk but protecting its exposure . Of course we post on a forum which anyone can read (including theives) and that's one more item to be aware of .

Yet we do wish to enjoy these cars and that means driving it , sharing our experiences on 6speed , but keeping both eyes open as well because a thief or vandal might just think twice about targeting a person who has his guard up .

Good Luck . Cheer up . It's going to be ok . You'll see .

Old 06-18-2008, 12:13 AM
krown05 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
It's terrible . I feel yout pain .I've had FOUR bad Porsche events as follows :

1) 95 993 -- Actually caught a theif inside my car trying to steal it . When I confronted him from a distance he jumped out and dove into a getway truck (no tag) and they nearly ran me over trying to escape . (police report filed)
2) 00 996 --car randomly keyed in parking lot at a shopping mall in a region far from my house .
3) 02 996 - Front end completely torn off by xenon light theives while I was lap swimming .(Police report filed)
4) 05 -C2S - Lights stolen so many times that I sold the car . One time they were stolen while I ate dinner at a restuarant and the car was in valet possession . (police report filed)

At that point I could not take it anymore so I leased a BMW 330i for 18 months to heal . I drove up to the BMW dealership with my lights hanging off the rear of that car.

18 months later I was back in a Porsche . First a C2S and now a 997tt .

I now drive a second car -Honda Civic Si to MOST public places . My 997tt is ONLY used for select drives in an effort to preserve it . I do not worry about the Civic .

Conclusion -- The car can be fixed but the emotional scar will last until you process your feelings and cope in an effort to move on . It takes time and it may even lead to making a choice as i have where I drive a much more anonymous car to not only preseve my car but also to reduce the potential for my own stress .

I wish you the best and hope this helps.
I've been there. As I pointed out earlier, I had my E46 M3 keyed from the front headlamp all the way to the tail lights. My 997 has also had its headlamps stolen 3 times! The first time occured while I was getting a haircut. The police took so long to arrive at the scene that they called me and asked if I could drive to the station (at night) and file the report. Thankfully I had my foglights. The second time occured in my driveway, this time the theives damaged the front side panel of the drivers side. Immediately afterwards, I had an alarm system installed on my headlamps, which...makes them extremely sensitive to rain and any other particles that fall on the lights. Unfortunately, this was of no help as the lights were stolen again at my university during my last semester in college. This time I was not as shocked as the last few times, as I guess, I became "desensitized" to this type of situation.

I am not the kind of person that has conflicts. I have no enemies and no reason to have to anyone want to vandalize my car. I have recieved numerous possible motives for these thefts (both from the authorities and dealerships) but it still doesn't erase the scar that it leaves on me (the owner). Thankfully, I now have a garage (which I plan to "hook up," thanks to the garage section) that I can store my car in and sleep better at night.

On a final note, I would like to say that the people who do these things, for whatever reasons, will be regarded as top notch angry A-Holes. They are so dense that the only temporary satisfaction for their un-ethical reasoning is to damage someone else's property to make themselves feel good. Unfortunately, their reasoning is extremely skewed. For they will continue living this life while we have the good sense to manifest a greater level of respect. We will continue to own and enjoy many cars as they will (unless they do something about it) continue to live their lives in a viscious circle.

Best wishes with the car.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:20 AM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by lob12
Same ****ing thing happend to me when I was at the gym 2 years ago...pearl yellow lamborghini. I was so pissed and saddened that somwone would do that...it took me 2 months to "interview" shops. Found the greatest place in the world and would not trust anyone else ever with my car. PM or call me if you need a shop.

Chris
(408) 497-6611
I believe it's a sickness. I didn't have what I have today 30 yrs ago, but throughout my lifetime, I have never even the inkling of doing harm to someone else's property. I'm glad you were able to find a shop that did good work. It's tough to find a good company to do good paint work.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by SHANKENFELTER
That F*ng sucks. Thats why i cleared bra'd my whole car. F*ng jealous haters.
Yes, I have it on my car as well. I brought it over to Cooks, which specializes in Mercedes immediately after lunch. They told me to take it back to the clear bra company to take the bra off first and then get it repainted. A little flustered as to why Cooks couldn't do it all at their shop, I still took my baby over to Premier to get the bra off. I guess, the one "bright" spot of the day is that they took it off my door and there were no key scratches on my paint. The bra took 100% of the damage. I was watching them take the bra off and I felt like a 100lb bag was taken off my shoulders when I saw the plastic get stripped off with pristine paint below.

My paint is fine, but it doesn't take the stress away. I wasted half a day and $350 to get the bra replaced for the door. I thought about just hanging out at the same place to stake out who might have done it, but this type of hatred will not bring me to a better place.

For those in SF, be careful where you park. For the person who did this, YOU ARE A COWARD

Old 06-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by HRTC
Sorry to hear that. Just another reason I carry a gun. I would have a hard time stopping pistol wiping that MF if I didn’t shoot him in both kneecaps first. Good luck with the repairs.
Not a very good idea, a lengthy trial process, attorney fees, and possible jail time will be far more stressful and expensive than a few scratches on the car...

Old 06-18-2008, 01:05 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear about this whole ordeal, especially around the Bay Area. I agree with what many others have said: the person that scratched your car is an inconsiderate loser.

I never take my car to the city. Too many haters and anti-car people there. Very sad, but that's the price we pay for peace of mind.

On a good note, your clearbra saved the day. Is your whole car clearbra'd?

Premier does great work

Old 06-18-2008, 01:18 AM
EdoctaT is infamous around these parts
That's great news about the Clear Bra providing such great protection.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:00 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
That is great news that the clear bra worked that well . Wow.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by raclaims
Yep...it's happened to 2 of my cars...totally sucks but I'm sure whoever did it has some real issues in their life...so be happy...in the end...it's only the car that was damaged.
+1......Not worth it. it's just metal

Old 06-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Yeh, I know it's not worth it and in the end my paint is ok, but my car didn't go unscathed. There was time (more important than money) wasted, $350 to get the bra replaced, and the anxiety / stress to go with it. Here are some pictures I took when I was at Premier, my camera's not great so it may not show that well since there's a lot of lights at their shop

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	72539   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	72540   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	72541   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	72542   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	72543  

Old 06-18-2008, 05:43 PM
dakine has much to be proud ofdakine has much to be proud ofdakine has much to be proud ofdakine has much to be proud ofdakine has much to be proud ofdakine has much to be proud ofdakine has much to be proud ofdakine has much to be proud of
I've seen your car before. Sorry to see that happen man. My car has gotten Keyed in San Francisco too. I am moving back to LA in a couple weeks though. SF is the worst place for a nice car! To many hippies in this city that hate on nice cars. I can stand people that have no respect for others property.

Last edited by dakine; 06-18-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
thank God you had a clear bra!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Unf*knbelievable - car keyed