997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Unf*knbelievable - car keyed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 02:59 PM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TunaRollZ
understood on the wasted time and anxiety. Thank god for the clear bra though!

Mind me asking how much it was to cover your whole car at Premier? I was thinking of doing this too.
I didn't do the whole car. Just everything from the front to the doors. Now that I think about it, I was lucky they didn't go all around with the keying. If they did, the rears would've needed a complete respray. To what I understand, there are only select bodyshops that can do the nanopaint. Cooks Collision gave me a verbal quote of $2000 to repaint just the door! Possible blending needed for the front and rear quarter panels, which is extra. So my guess, this would have costed me (or my insurance) close to $8k to get fixed. I don't really remember how much I paid to get the clear bra done, but $3k-$4k sounds about right. My roof is done as well. This traumatic experience made me put down a little bit more money on the clear bra for the rear quarters. So I feel a little bit better knowing there's an extra layer in the rears now. I don't believe that it will happen again on the same car, but who knows. When bad luck strikes, it strikes with a vengeance.

They really should make pills for this type of behavior!

Old 06-19-2008, 03:12 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
thanks for the info.

you're right; they should make pills for this type of behavior and those affected should OD on them!! lol

Old 06-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Surfer
It is in South FL, buddy has had his M3 lights stolen 4 times now.
That's stupid. I'm not sure if it's rampid here in Chicago. I don't live in the city, I've never heard of it though.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Surfer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mr.PS
That's stupid. I'm not sure if it's rampid here in Chicago. I don't live in the city, I've never heard of it though.
Whats crazy is they'll even jack custom ones (like on an Accord), I've seen so many Accords missing headlights, so must have been ones that added after market setups. Never knew headlights were in such demand

Old 06-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Stevenh is infamous around these parts
Reading things like this **** me off so much. The fact that someone would do that to someone else's property simply amazes me.

If the problem is as bad in the Bay Area as some of you make it sound you could always set up a sting to kill some free time/send some *******s to jail. Park a car as bait and watch from a little ways off. This was done on the audiworld forums when there was a HUGE problem with B5 s4's being stolen in the NJ area and they actually caught some would be car theives. Finding someone will to donate the bait car is the real issue....

Old 06-19-2008, 05:58 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I'm very sorry to hear about this. I can sympathize, I just had someone give me a nice new door ding. I've had my car a whole month and already a ding.

I don't care if I park next to a rusted out Yugo I'm always respectful of other peoples property. Unfortunately some people are not. These are the same people that are really polluting the gene pool.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:44 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr.PS
Wow, is xeon light theft that popular in Miami? Is it still happening? Where in Miami do you live? That sucks...
Krown and I are neighbors . It's only recently that I knew he posted on 6speed and we realized we knew each other . It's throughout Miami . Here's an old article from 2004 which explains the magnitude of how bad it was . In recent times it's less common I hope. http://www.search-autoparts.com/sear....jsp?id=109550

Old 06-19-2008, 08:25 PM
father&sons is infamous around these parts
I feel your pain brother , same thing happened to me, it took me about 6 months to get over it , mine was to deep to polish out paint is only option , just have not done it yet.
sad to say but there are alot of people who hate.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:51 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
[quote=father&sons;1910817]I feel your pain brother , same thing happened to me, it took me about 6 months to get over it , mine was to deep to polish out paint is only option , just have not done it yet.
sad to say but there are alot of people who hate.[/quote]

I never thought about why they do it . It may not even be "hatred " for the insecure teen commiting a stupid thing out of peer pressure or a careless person who snags it with a bicycle .

I suppose I don't care much about the why but more about how to reduce the risk . A public parking lot exposes a car to obstacles . A supermarket increases the obstacles . A security camera reduces it somewhat but does not eliminate it . An alarm had no guarantees either . In fact some idiots might even become incited to key a loud talking alarm .

The only way to prevent it is to leave the car at home but it can get stolen there too .

So what can one do ? I oonly take my car to places where people know me and even if I am not near my car someone who knows me might be . I get to know the security guards and even take the time to show them my car because many of them are interested and find the car fascinating . I park near cameras or even directly under them . I try for end spots. I also keep both eyes open at all times because even if my car is not a target I look at who is near me too . Driving an expensive car makes the person as much of a target as the car . Someone who would key your car has taken the first step in violating YOU .

Old 06-20-2008, 12:09 AM
EAP1024 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JimGT3
That's your car? How do you like the tintshade? the guys at Premier showed the problems with the paint work on your car - such a shame.
Yep thats my car which I have not driven for over a month already and possibly another month cause of a retarded tow truck driver. A little scrape on the front and the whole bumper gets repainted! They also replaced the rear CF diffuser since that was scraped up too. On top of that some how it gets a door ding throughout this whole process.

As for the tint I actually love it as it keeps the inside cool during the hot days we are experiencing. Plus it's not too dark for the cops to pull me over for.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jnixon is infamous around these parts
This was always my issue with buying an exotic sports car. The 997 Turbo was the closet I wanted to get to making any huge public statements when you drive up. I am always worried when I park it somewhere unless I have eyes on it. My friends 997 black turbo had its window broken and the briefcase was taken but I believe they were vandalizing the car instead of stealing the briefcase. I cannot image driving a lambo or ferrari and parking it anywhere because those cars really draw some attention. At least Porsches are more common.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Tradical is infamous around these parts
I drive average older cars for daily driving. My 1999 c280 mercedes with 100,000 miles is perfect for parking lots. It has already been hit and scratched. My 05 GT3 is in the garage and when not in the garage its within eye sight at all times. Some would say I don't enjoy my Porsche.Thats not true.If it were keyed I probably would need anger therapy for months. Glad to hear your damage was minimal. It could have been much worse.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:35 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
thats a shame...sorry man, that dusche will get what they deserve!

Old 06-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Banned
DEVILDOG is infamous around these parts
No bad deed shall go unpunished.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:48 PM
CatDog is infamous around these partsCatDog is infamous around these parts
beyond me why everyone cant leave other peoples property alone...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Unf*knbelievable - car keyed