997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Shopping for headers.. Advice needed..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 10:40 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Ive seen inconel used, allows for thinner walls but keeps the strength. can prove to be loud much like ti is when used in a catback on some cars.

I had a Greddy Ti on my Evo, ridiculously loud!

Old 06-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nij
Mike/A.W.E. I have a question: I have the Champion Motorsport rear diffuser on my 997tt, have you seen clearance problems going from stock to AWE headers with the diffuser? After all my research you guys have the best headers bar none! (Although there is a set of headers used in the Champion Werks K1 (997TT) that are about $4000k made of a light rear metal that has very high heat dissipation (probably more a racing app.see pic).
Nij, I cannot comment on if they do or do not fit with the diffuser.

I can offer you this. If you purchase them, and they do not fit, send them back for a full refund.

Simple as that.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Nij
Nij is infamous around these parts
That's good to know Mike. Thanks for that guarantee. Do your headers add power without the ECU upgrade? I feel it not necessary until I do the ECU upgrade.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nij
That's good to know Mike. Thanks for that guarantee. Do your headers add power without the ECU upgrade? I feel it not necessary until I do the ECU upgrade.
I have to be honest, we never did header testing alone on a stock car. I cannot comment. I only have data from testing with our mufflers and G.I.A.C. software.