997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Forget kids...what about your PARENTS driving your car??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 10:26 AM
ztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to behold
Did he let you drive his cars? Most likely. Did you race them? Most likely yes.

Just let him, he deserves it.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by ihatepotholes
are you serious? without your dad there wouldn't be you nor your fancy cars.
Well that's true, but that doesn't mean that I want him taking it out and racing everyone or wrapping it around a pole. Sometimes, as with kids, I think you have to keep your parents out of trouble. That said, I will have to be really careful myself with this beast.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:36 AM
ihatepotholes is infamous around these partsihatepotholes is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
Well that's true, but that doesn't mean that I want him taking it out and racing everyone or wrapping it around a pole. Sometimes, as with kids, I think you have to keep your parents out of trouble. That said, I will have to be really careful myself with this beast.
thats tru, but the other guy was making up bull**** excuses so his dad won't drive his car? sorry i might be overreacting, but that gets me furious. i bet he won't like that idea when his kids treat him the same way.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by ztnedman1
Did he let you drive his cars? Most likely. Did you race them? Most likely yes.

Just let him, he deserves it.
Nice try, Dad.

No really he did let me drive some of them, but not the ones that fell into the prized possession category. The 930 turbo I drove some but did NOT race...that thing is a monster.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll let him drive it as long as I'm in the car.

And as far as cleaning it is concerned, it would be fine if it was once every few weeks, but he's rewashing my current car every other day even if it's still clean and hasn't been driven...that's overdoing it.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:12 AM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
**** i have gang of cars but if my pops wants to drive one of my rides i give him the keys to the YARIS.......lol.........my bucket

Old 06-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jnixon is infamous around these parts
****, if my dad wanted to race my car, Great. I would not even be pissed if he wrecked it. He let me drive every car we owned when I grew up so I would never complain if he wanted to take it out. Hell its only money.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:02 PM
whitlock is infamous around these parts
When I was younger my father would never let me take out his cars and I would say to him, "just wait till I am driving something nice and you want to take it out someday!" Now everytime he comes up I have something interesting that he wants to drive I remind him of that lol.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jnixon is infamous around these parts
I have a lot of other issues with dad but that is not one of them. Our family has a good friend from New York who is an investment banker and he has a ferrari and I have asked him to let me drive it in the past but he would never let me drive it. When I purchased my 997 turbo I let him drive it and I never brought up his refusal to let me drive his ferrari. My feeling was that he was to attached to the car and for some reason could not let anyone else drive it. Go figure.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
A few years ago we had to take the keys away from my father. He went out one night, got confused, and ended up about 80 miles away with no clue where he was. Fortunately, he did not cause an accident or get injured. And we were able to get his physician to make the call so we weren't the 'bad guys'.

He passed away two weeks ago. I would have loved for him to have driven my 997TT when I had it. Or the 997C4S cab I have now.

Let them drive it while they still can.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:04 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
I owe everything to my parents.

If dad was interested to drive it, there would be no questions asked. Hell, I would give the thing to him!

My mother on the other hand is a bad driver and I would recommend her to keep driving her heavy and safe mercedes.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Yeah my dad can definitely drive, but he always thinks that everyone wants to race him so it's a daily occurrence.

Twenty or so years ago when he was driving me to school in his 930 turbo or one of the other cars, he would get into races against some of the older students who were trying to get past him or beat him to a turn.

Before that when he was in residency he was a Florida state drag racing champ in his 300SL. It's just in his blood.

There are definitely some older drivers out there that will try to give you a run...sometimes I'm not sure if the kids or the older drivers are worse.
I hear what your saying.....Im gunna have the same problem when I get up their in the 60's

Old 06-26-2008, 03:20 PM
SiNzz is infamous around these parts
I don't see a problem with letting parents drive your car. In fact I think it'd be ridiculous not to easily allow it. However, IMO there's a difference between "driving" and "beating the crap out of" the car. In a hypothetical future where my dad asks to drive whatever (hopefully) gorgeous car I'd have, I'd say yes so long as he doesn't gives it the same respect I would if driving something of his . I would find nothing wrong in asking someone to take it down a notch when driving something of mine...but would never flat out deny a parent.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:26 PM
ihatepotholes is infamous around these partsihatepotholes is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NOLA911
I owe everything to my parents.

If dad was interested to drive it, there would be no questions asked. Hell, I would give the thing to him!

My mother on the other hand is a bad driver and I would recommend her to keep driving her heavy and safe mercedes.
i hear you man! you are doing the right thing, god bless you and your family!

Old 06-26-2008, 09:52 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by futuredoc
I'd let my dad drive my car, and if he wants to wash it for me and keep it shiny, I'm not going to argue with that!
I would rather let my dad drive my car than wash it. My last three cars have been black and I was the only one ever allowed to wash them. Dad would probably do more damage with his dirty wash water and synthetic towels than he could behind the wheel.

BTW, are you at OUHSC?

Old 06-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !

How does one tell a parent that they're not allowed to drive (or touch) your car??
Simple. Don't give him the keys, or leave them laying out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Forget kids...what about your PARENTS driving your car??