997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Forget kids...what about your PARENTS driving your car??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 01:21 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
lo0ol , every time my father drive's my car i need to repaint the front lip !!
and when mam does she've to complain about the tubi sound she says that hearing the phone call is difficult in the porsche and i answer with diffinetly it's the age issue mam
so mam doesnt like to drive it to be honest but they do some times
father drive's a W12 touarge with tubi exhaust system so he's cool with the porsche and he's a previoce owner !

Old 06-27-2008, 07:21 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Let him. Be thankful your Dad is still around to ask to drive your car. Mine died when I was fairly young, but not before I had my first Porsche. It was a 1978 911SC that I bought new. He drove it a few times but died shortly after that. LIfe is too short.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:59 AM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
Would I let my dad drive my car?? That is not even a question.
My pops can do whatever he wants w/ my car.
He is the reason why/what/where I am.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:12 AM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
With a only a few months until my new car arrives, I can sense my dad salivating over the idea of driving my car when I'm out of town. Despite being 76, he's very active and dates much younger women, and I can see him wanting to use my car to impress them. He lives in Texas, but comes to Florida to visit once a month or so, and I'm not always in town when he's here.

To make things worse, he has a bad habit of thinking that everyone is trying to race him. He keeps a CTS-V down here, and pretty much every time I go out with him in it he gets into at least one street race. The last time, he jumped a curb and blew out a tire in the process. Luckily he prefers his Caddy to my convertible so I dont have much of a problem with him driving my car now, but I can see it being an issue when I get the new one.

And then there's his OCD tendencies. He washes my current car every other day even when I ask him not to, and leaves air fresheners in the interior and trunk, towels on the mats, and breath spray and tooth picks in every nook inside the car. No exaggeration.

How does one tell a parent that they're not allowed to drive (or touch) your car??
(Sorr y....all of that is funny.)