997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GMG Stage 2 suspension initial impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 06:34 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
GMG Stage 2 suspension initial impressions

Picked my TT up from FarnbacherLoles this afternoon and drove back into NYC from Danbury.

They installed/did the following:
- GMG dog bones
- GMG control arm bushings
- GMG sways & springs
- GMG toe steer kit
- Porsche front trailing arms swapped for OEM rears
- four wheel sport alignment
- flushed brake fluid, replaced with Castol SRF

Roads were packed but the impression was immediate. Very different feel than OEM. Turn-in is super crisp, rear end feels SERIOUSLY bolted down and the car feels as precise as a scalpel. The ride has degraded a bit only in so far as it's a bit harder but dampening is still very good. Feels like the car should have felt from the factory in my opinion.

Am headed to Calabogie tomorrow for two track days with Audi Club. Full report to follow. Special thanks to Kip Harris at FarnbacherLoles and Fabrice and James at GMG for their work and help.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:43 PM
bobk is infamous around these parts
Awesome! What did you do for alignment?
I set mine at -2.5 f,-2.0 rear, and the turn in is fantastic. I think that the alignment is providing most of my handling improvement.

Have a great time in Can. No scratches on the roof

Old 06-26-2008, 06:47 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bobk
Awesome! What did you do for alignment?
I set mine at -2.5 f,-2.0 rear, and the turn in is fantastic. I think that the alignment is providing most of my handling improvement.

Have a great time in Can. No scratches on the roof
Actually, I don't know on the alignment. I left it to FarnbacherLoles' expertise. Told them about the fact I do ~6 DEs annually at Advanced level but that the car was otherwise my DD. Will ask them...

Old 06-26-2008, 07:33 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Nice, any other mods, I'd love to take mine to F-L.
Do you have a contact person at F-L?

Old 07-02-2008, 09:02 AM
A few pics from Calabogie. The GMG mods turned out great. The TT felt very planted both in the rain and the dry. I drove at 7/10th most of the time as I had never been to Calabogie before but the confidence level was much higher than the OEM set-up. Looking forward to the Glen in August...a track I know well and that should really suit the TT.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WED_9867_2.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	73808   Click image for larger version

Name:	WED_5848_2.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	73809   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01745.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	73810  
Old 07-02-2008, 09:10 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Nice, I contacted FL about doing the same thing for me, waiting to hear back. How much did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking, pm is ok.
C

Old 07-02-2008, 09:45 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brownan
A few pics from Calabogie. The GMG mods turned out great. The TT felt very planted both in the rain and the dry. I drove at 7/10th most of the time as I had never been to Calabogie before but the confidence level was much higher than the OEM set-up. Looking forward to the Glen in August...a track I know well and that should really suit the TT.
How steep was the bank on the first pic? Your car showed mild body roll...did you feel it?

Old 07-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by bbywu
How steep was the bank on the first pic? Your car showed mild body roll...did you feel it?
Had some camber but wasn't particularly banked. My recollection is that that is a pretty fast corner. The car has much less body roll with the GMG mods.