997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Exhaust and Performance chips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:54 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
So was I
You are the man! I've been looking to do something with that stupid dashboard zit. Boost gauge! Thanks!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:03 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Originally Posted by treynor
Heh. No, not so much. The complete list for my Protomotive 700 setup:

Protomotive ECU, intercoolers, and modified stock turbos
EVO headers, stage II clutch, BRVs
Miltek exhaust w/100 cell cats
IPD intake plenum
K&N air filter (stock airbox)

Nice...did u get any extra power from IPD plenum ???

Old 07-02-2008, 10:06 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Call Alex at Sharkweks, I am sure he can get you one.
Is it straight forward replacement ???

Old 07-02-2008, 10:26 AM
treynor has a spectacular aura abouttreynor has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Nice...did u get any extra power from IPD plenum ???
I can't tell - I installed it at the same time as intercoolers and Todd's latest extra-special super-secret turbo mods. The car was certainly night-and-day faster after those upgrades, as compared to the wimpy 650HP setup I had before

Old 07-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Hi Khoispring,

After hearing about your car's lower than expected performance and realizing that your VIN does not exist in our system, I called and talked to the company that installed your software. As you know this company sells another brand of software as well as GIAC, which it purchases from one of our authorized distributors. Apparently, the technician that was working on your car, accidentally installed an other company's program rather than the GIAC one that you intended to purchase. I have left you a message from on your voice mail as well. Please, give us a call when you have a chance, as I want to make sure that the resolution to this situation is satisfactory for you and leaves you happy with your car once again.

Last edited by Andrew@GIAC; 07-03-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:05 PM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Joey@fabspeed
do you mean MaxFlo exhaust?

Version 3 Sport
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqHV84w9h-s

Version 2 "Quiet"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2ydxINW-Y0
Need to get new videos up where we don't have to hear crap music for 80% of the time

Old 07-03-2008, 09:21 PM
khoispring is infamous around these parts
thanks andrew talk to you soon thanks again for the follow up
khoi

Old 07-03-2008, 10:18 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Andrew@GIAC
Hi Khoispring,

After hearing about your car's lower than expected performance and realizing that your VIN does not exist in our system, I called and talked to the company that installed your software. As you know this company sells another brand of software as well as GIAC, which it purchases from one of our authorized distributors. Apparently, the technician that was working on your car, accidentally installed an other company's program rather than the GIAC one that you intended to purchase. I have left you a message from on your voice mail as well. Please, give us a call when you have a chance, as I want to make sure that the resolution to this situation is satisfactory for you and leaves you happy with your car once again.
Wow...now that's service!!!

Old 07-04-2008, 12:57 AM
I can't tell - I installed it at the same time as intercoolers and Todd's latest extra-special super-secret turbo mods. The car was certainly night-and-day faster after those upgrades, as compared to the wimpy 650HP setup I had before
So Todd recomended u to get IPD plenum ???

Did u dyno the car after those mods ???

Old 07-04-2008, 07:52 AM
treynor has a spectacular aura abouttreynor has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GT RUS
So Todd recomended u to get IPD plenum ???

Did u dyno the car after those mods ???
If I recall, both Todd and Alex opined that the IPD plenum was good for some midrange power.

I have never successfully dyno'd the car sitting still -- the dragstrip is my dyno.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:34 AM
If I recall, both Todd and Alex opined that the IPD plenum was good for some midrange power.

I have never successfully dyno'd the car sitting still -- the dragstrip is my dyno.
Hmmm..I am thinking about it as well...but many people said it doesnt do anything...

Old 07-04-2008, 10:36 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Not sure how much it would add to a tuned car.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Not sure how much it would add to a tuned car.
There was a dyno sheet somewhere with EVT 700 + IPD and it made some power...I beleive around 15 HP or so at the top...

Old 07-04-2008, 01:13 PM
noah677 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Andrew@GIAC
Hi Khoispring,

I am REALLY impressed by this WOW