997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Exhaust and Performance chips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 04:57 PM
sojer is infamous around these parts
Exhaust and Performance chips

Hey guys, for any of you that have upgraded exhaust and performance chips:

1) Did you have it dyno'd before and after and what were the results

2) Where did you see/feel the new performance

3) Who and what manufacturers did you use

Any data is much appreciated......

Old 06-27-2008, 05:59 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Im kicking tires on this right now (ECU flash). Im leaning towards EVOMSit based on discussions with the guys at Stuttgart / RSS. So many out there, so little data. GIAC, EVOMSit, Softronic, FVD and more....!

Old 06-27-2008, 06:03 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Exhaust & Extra's

I have a 08 997TT

I started with Fabspeed exhaust and tip's and doing headers next week.

Dymag's are on order and have two weeks left , and the new Michelin PS2"s are sitting in the garage for them.

Next will be Suspension: spring's & sway Bar to go with the wheels.

GIAC flash and Plenum will be the next engine mod to go with the exhaust upgrades.

The exhaust was a great upgrade and I have a set of muffler by-pass pipes that really woke it up and decided to do the headers for better flow and less heat.

Gee-Bee

Old 06-27-2008, 09:31 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
If you're in S NJ, head to fabspeed for an exhaust and nearby PES for the flash STAT, drives normally, then hit it.....OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 06-27-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Here is a feature about my project from BBI Autosport.

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/997-...exclusive.html

Old 06-28-2008, 08:17 AM
khoispring is infamous around these parts
i've just done a ecu reflash with GIAC but still with the stock exhaust the difference in drivability and overall feeling is great but still wondering why i'm not boosting more than 1.0 bar even in sport mode (actually it now makes no difference now in both mode apart from the suspension settings and a little bit of throttle sharpeness) and i put 94 oct gas does anyone has experience this with GIAC or is there a problem has anyone dynoed bef and after?does the max boost varies between other reflash companies??

Old 06-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Jay-Three is infamous around these parts
I did an ECU upgrade and it is amazing! Noticeable is an understatement...it smacks you in the face and calls you a ***** every single time you step on the gas! Oh and bonus...I gained 1 mile per gallon! (17.1 avg to 18.1 avg) I would mention which ECU I purchased, but I don't want my post deleted like the last time. They are not a sponsor, so I understand I suppose. I paid 1/5th the "average" price. Went to the local drag strip 3 days after I installed it. 11.90 @121.5mph. (6-speed, 1.88 60ft time)
I am having the Maxspeed-Motorsports Exhaust installed on Wednesday...can't wait!

Old 06-28-2008, 01:20 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
let us know how the maxspeed exhaust sounds

Old 06-28-2008, 02:47 PM
khoispring is infamous around these parts
jay three can you tell what's your max boost now in normal and sport mode you can pm me your ecu reflash manufacturer if you care thanks

Old 06-28-2008, 03:23 PM
I'll have to go out tonight and get the boost lb's again, but I think I'm at 19lbs in Sport mode...but I'll double check and edit this tonight.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jay-Three
I would mention which ECU I purchased, but I don't want my post deleted like the last time.
Don't worry about it. Nobody moderates 6Speed anymore. Otherwise the GT-R fanboys would have been shutdown a long, long time ago.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:35 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
AWE is in your backyard - well almost. I have their exhaust and love it. Probably not what you want if you are looking to wake up the neighborhood though. Nice thing about their ecu flash is if you decide later to take it to the next level with them (700 HP) they will credit the ecu flash to the new one. (at least, that is my understanding. Would confirm that with them first.) My only personal experience with Fabspeed was with a set of tips for an 05 Carrera S Launch car. My dealer, a Champion Dealer and extremely mod friendly, could not get them straight. I have read on other threads that many people have had a similar experience. Would be a little leary of build quality only for that reason. Still the only real way to make an informed decision is to listen, in person, not on the web, to them.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:47 PM
noah677 is infamous around these parts
I have done the GIAC flash and tubi exhaust (as far as I am willing to go--warranty at my dealer is still intact) I can only give my seat of the pants view which equals WOW WOW WOW. Night and day. Everyone knows the feel "of one" they get with their car, so most will understand when I say these mods woke the car right up and the feel is that the car is breathing easier and it wants to go. I think that anyone who does these two mods can pick who does the flash and the exhaust they want with the same results.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:09 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Re-flash was good for 40 hp. on 91 octane. Dump in some 100 octane and with the BMC air-filters its about 565+hp. Big difference in power. Cost about 1700.00 www.singhautosport.com ECU adjusts to the 100 octane fuel no need to re-flash when not running 100 octane.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:47 AM
To answer the boost question...I'm now at 13lbs (non-sport) and 17lbs (sport).
Not sure what the stock figures are

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust and Performance chips