997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Pics & Review of My Bilstein PSS10 Lowered Red Turbo

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.38 average.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:21 PM
sanham is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sanham
CANNGA: what do you think about GT3 sways, and the tarret drop links (front and rear), as they (tarret) sale the kit, for my 997.2TT....

do you recomend a different mix.... whhich is your suggestion????

thanks

FORGOT:..... I allready Have eibach springs

Old 06-15-2013, 06:37 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VID997
TEN GRAND PLUS!!! YIKES!!!! They look more like "show" wheels and not strong enough for track work...
VID, agreed, super light weights like these BBS Fi and Ri are superior in every aspect, except for one, and that is strength. Well actually 2, $$$; but this might not be an issue for some lucky souls.

These being BBS I think they might be Ok but I would still be very careful of bumps and potholes, and tracking. In fact, I remember vaguely when Fi just came out, the warning includes something "funny" like, don't use at the track! (Anyone please correct me if wrong.).

It would be perfect for me since I don't track, but the $$$ and style make it a no go :-).

Last edited by cannga; 06-15-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:56 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
CANNGA: what do you think about GT3 sways, and the tarret drop links (front and rear), as they (tarret) sale the kit, for my 997.2TT....
do you recomend a different mix.... whhich is your suggestion????
thanks
Sanham, by GT3 sway, you mean just replace the rear bar with GT3/GT2 OEM sway bar and leave front alone (front GT3 and GT2 bars don't fit in Turbo)? People have done it and are happy with it but I personally prefer replacing both front and rear as a set. If you just replace rear and leave front stock, the setup might be too soft in front vs. rear and the risk is oversteer.

I don't know if you know but Eibach makes both GMG lowering springs and GMG sway bar. Let's assume that your Eibach brand lowering springs are similar to GMG lowering springs , then that make GMG sway bar a first choice for you for sure. Like a set made for each other :-). Hope I am not getting in trouble with Fabryce for saying this non-sense :-).

There are other good sway bars: H&R, Tarett, etc., and in truth no one knows if one is "better" than any other, only that no one hates H&R or GMG and they are both very popular.
I like the GMG bars because they are the only one who publish specs (not that it matters, but I do like to know, front 15-25-35 stiffer, rear 30-45-60 stiffer), made by people who race cars, work well with many other cars on this forum, etc., so that's what I recommend to anyone who asks me http://www.gmgracing.com/store/index...ay-bar-ki.html
And yes, I would use Tarett drop link, at least the rear because there is still too much vertical/lateral movement in the Turbo's rear with stock drop link: http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...lnk-detail.htm

Essentially, you could add more later, but lowering springs or coilover + sway bar + drop link is a good start for a daily driver. They would transform the handling as many here have experienced.

Last edited by cannga; 06-15-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:24 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Well actually 2, $$$; but this might not be an issue for some lucky souls.

These being BBS I think they might be Ok but I would still be very careful of bumps and potholes, and tracking. In fact, I remember vaguely when Fi just came out, the warning includes something "funny" like, don't use at the track! (Anyone please correct me if wrong.).

It would be perfect for me since I don't track, but the $$$ and style make it a no go :-).
Cannaga:

RI 003 - DBK 20 x 10 5-114.3 35 19.3 66 $2,585.00
RI 004 - DBK 20 x 11 5-114.3 15 20.3 66 $2,650.00

Wt. (lbs) CB MSRP
FI 021 - BG 19 x 9.5 5-120 28 18.3 72.5 $2,095.00
FI 021 - TI 19 x 9.5 5-120 28 18.3 72.5 $2,095.00
FI 021 - BS 19 x 9.5 5-120 28 18.3 72.5 $2,095.00
FI 022 - BG 19 x 10.5 5-120 23 19.7 72.5 $2,095.00
FI 022 - TI 19 x 10.5 5-120 23 19.7 72.5 $2,095.00
FI 022 - BS 19 x 10.5 5-120 23 19.7 72.5 $2,095.00

Per wheel
plus TPMS, install, tax, and shipping! Well over 10K once you ad meats!!!

Once again....YIKES!!!!

Old 06-15-2013, 08:48 PM
DaBrat is infamous around these parts
So far my BBS RE Centerlocks have held up pretty well despite the crappy streets here. Huge difference in handling given their lightness. I'm sure the RIs will be ok for the street.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Sanham, by GT3 sway, you mean just replace the rear bar with GT3/GT2 OEM sway bar and leave front alone (front GT3 and GT2 bars don't fit in Turbo)? People have done it and are happy with it but I personally prefer replacing both front and rear as a set. If you just replace rear and leave front stock, the setup might be too soft in front vs. rear and the risk is oversteer.

I don't know if you know but Eibach makes both GMG lowering springs and GMG sway bar. Let's assume that your Eibach brand lowering springs are similar to GMG lowering springs , then that make GMG sway bar a first choice for you for sure. Like a set made for each other :-). Hope I am not getting in trouble with Fabryce for saying this non-sense :-).

There are other good sway bars: H&R, Tarett, etc., and in truth no one knows if one is "better" than any other, only that no one hates H&R or GMG and they are both very popular.
I like the GMG bars because they are the only one who publish specs (not that it matters, but I do like to know, front 15-25-35 stiffer, rear 30-45-60 stiffer), made by people who race cars, work well with many other cars on this forum, etc., so that's what I recommend to anyone who asks me http://www.gmgracing.com/store/index...ay-bar-ki.html
And yes, I would use Tarett drop link, at least the rear because there is still too much vertical/lateral movement in the Turbo's rear with stock drop link: http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...lnk-detail.htm

Essentially, you could add more later, but lowering springs or coilover + sway bar + drop link is a good start for a daily driver. They would transform the handling as many here have experienced.

Thanks. CANNGA.... Ill do like You say......
Thanks. For the advise

Old 06-16-2013, 08:19 PM
May be a dumb question....

If GMG is made by eibach... You recomend equally eibach sways? than GMG

Old 06-17-2013, 11:24 AM
^^^
sanham, I have no direct experience with Eibach sway bar and no one has reported on these so I do not know the answer.

I might be able to *guess* a better answer if you could tell me how the Eibach springs feel in your car. You are one of the very few people who have them, might even be the first. Could you give a report (here on this thread is fine) on these Eibach springs?

1. How does Eibach spring compare to stock? Stiffer or the same as stock with respect to ride? Better or same as stock with respect to handling?
2. Is it better in Normal mode? Less body lean?
3. Is it better in Sport mode? Is Sport mode still too stiff or jittery?

Last edited by cannga; 06-17-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:42 AM
^^^
sanham, I have no direct experience with Eibach sway bar and no one has reported on these so I do not know the answer.

I might be able to *guess* a better answer if you could tell me how the Eibach springs feel in your car. You are one of the very few people who have them, might even be the first. Could you give a report (here on this thread is fine) on these Eibach springs?

1. How does Eibach spring compare to stock? Stiffer or the same as stock with respect to ride? Better or same as stock with respect to handling?
2. Is it better in Normal mode? Less body lean?
3. Is it better in Sport mode? Is Sport mode still too stiff or jittery?

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> At this time I have only the eibach springs and Original alignment settings, I feel the car definitely stiffer than stock, but very comfortable, I still feel too soft sometimes in normal mode, in sport I feel like it needs “something” (that´s why I’m asking about the sways), Ill try to change the alignments today because on Friday I’m going to the Hermanos Rodriguez race track and want to feel it with different settings, I´ll tell you my comments.
About the lowering distance, I didn´t have the chance to take measurements for a before and after comparison, but definitely is manageable, and the performance worth it….. also the looks.

hope that helps a little

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <woNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>ES-MX</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <wontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabla normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} </style> <![endif]-->

Old 06-18-2013, 11:13 AM
At this time I have only the eibach springs and Original alignment settings, I feel the car definitely stiffer than stock, but very comfortable, I still feel too soft sometimes in normal mode, in sport I feel like it needs “something” (that´s why I’m asking about the sways), Ill try to change the alignments today because on Friday I’m going to the Hermanos Rodriguez race track and want to feel it with different settings, I´ll tell you my comments.
Based on the above, and given that you already have one somewhat "unknown" entity, the Eibach spring (there is really not much data on Eibach), IMHO it's best to stick with GMG for your sway bars, since we know well that they do - they are definitely stiffer than stock and their specs are published for all to see, the way it should be.
From now on, if there is any problem with the suspension setting, we at least would know it's unlikely to be from the sway bars.

I would start with soft front, medium rear setting on the GMG bar. if this still doesn't stabilize the car's leaning in curves, then move to medium front medium rear, then finally, medium front, stiff rear. Watch out; depending on the rest of your suspension setup of course, but the stiff setting on the GMG bar could be quite uncomfortable. It is very very stiff.

Last edited by cannga; 06-18-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:11 AM
glassyp has a spectacular aura aboutglassyp has a spectacular aura about
WOW lowering the car makes it look mean.... its hot enjoy...

Old 06-19-2013, 12:17 PM
5 year anniversary report!

Wow just one blink of an eye.
On this day in 2008 I took delivery of my baby with Bilstein Damptronic freshly installed, by Tom of Lucent Motors in West LA (cheers Tom), and thus began this long running love affair with my Turbo, and the start of this rambling :-) thread.

Everything is working fine and I have not had any problem. It is far and way the best 3k I've ever spent for my (too many) hobbies. Of all the mods I have in my car, the Bilstein suspension change remains my most favorite and the one I recommend most, without reservation.

I do enjoy driving the car, very very much. The way it feels, the way it takes curves, the feedback, "everything," LOL.

Attached Images  

Last edited by cannga; 06-19-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:56 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Cannga, Congratulations!

Got a new picture for you...can you spot what's wrong in the this image besides the tranny and sway bar are missing?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	VID_BRR_07.jpg
Views:	823
Size:	915.4 KB
ID:	253753  
Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 AM
^^^VID, thanks.
Ok I'll bite, not that I am an expert, but because Ohlins is so pretty looking. You could have helped me by opening up the lens for better depth of field differentiation though (kidding, I could see fine).

Besides the pretty Ohlins, I really don't see much. Ohlins not leaking, rear toe control arm looks fine. A wild guess: Is the upper control arm (dog bone) rubbing against the spring? It looks awfully close.

BTW, grey color links are RSS?

Last edited by cannga; 06-20-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:11 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by VID997
Cannga, Congratulations!

Got a new picture for you...can you spot what's wrong in the this image besides the tranny and sway bar are missing?
The red alignment mark on the threaded part of the shock and the collar aren't very close to each other.

Greg A

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.38 average.

Quick Reply: Pics & Review of My Bilstein PSS10 Lowered Red Turbo