997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Pics & Review of My Bilstein PSS10 Lowered Red Turbo

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.38 average.

Old 03-24-2017, 03:37 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Domer911
Lordy...I don't have the attention span to read all that. Your car is beautiful. Why doesn't it look "lowered?" That's the only question I have. It doesn't look like much of a change in that department.
Thank you. In person/in reality it is very low, almost too low. For example I could just barely fit my fist underneath the front lip/spoiler, and in fact have been thinking about raising it 5 mm as I am scraping everything in site .

Old 03-24-2017, 03:49 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eurotom
Bump for an epic thread and hello to many. I too have become more of a forum voyeur.

My damptronics are still running strong after 7 years.

Can-the thread will never die
Same here - I rarely visit here except for when I have problems or when someone posts in this thread.

Thank you and good to hear from you. It almost feels like a high-school reunion seeing the "old" names again.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:17 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Epic thread indeed.

I just ordered the full Tractive DDA RTx setup from TPC. I'm doing the full track springs (110/150nm I believe). I'll be sure to review them here after I spend some time with them. I've become an avid track junkie + mountain/canyon carver every weekend.

I already had the TPC wide track kit which is basically sway bars, front LCA's, front spacers, DSC module for stock shocks. This time is the full set of RTx coilvers, rear 997.2 Cup LCAs, rear subframe bushings, rear toe links, and sway bar endlinks with teflon covers (for reduced NVH).

There's nothing to do after this unless I start stripping the car to save weight or change the tire choice to a different diameter tire (vs OEM tire height now).

Old 03-26-2017, 11:39 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cannga
340/565 are Bilstein spring rates AFAIK.

I would highly recommend that you get BOTH front and rear Tarett drop links. (Did someone recommend to get front only and if so was there a reason given?) The drop link affects stiffness A LOT and your car would be imbalanced with metallic heim joint (Tarett) in front and rubber (stock) in the back. It would cause car to understeer, very much *not* a good idea in our car. Lastly, it's the rear of the Turbo that needs to be stiffen as it likes to mambo a lot; hence if anything it's the rear that would benefit from Tarett drop link.

Have fun. The Tarett drop links are exactly what I would recommend next if you want to get rid of that soft floaty sensation. Another thing to try is Bridgestone RE 11 tire, which has a much stiffer sidewall than Super Sport. Noticeably so, instantly.
Hi there. So I I wanted to get rid of the floatly feeling, just swapping our the drop links will help? Would I need to get new sway bars too?

Old 03-27-2017, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Jako
Hi there. So I I wanted to get rid of the floatly feeling, just swapping our the drop links will help? Would I need to get new sway bars too?
Hi it's a system approach and what works depends a lot on personal preference and the road condition where you drive, etc.

If your car is completely stock I would vote for sway bar and drop link as the minimal first step, with the sway bar set to soft in front and medium stiffness in rear. Then test drive and see. If you don't feel the change is enough then you know you are looking at next step, which is lowering spring or coilover etc. Critical to use a good shop with an experienced tech so he could test and advise you if necessary.

What suspension mod is in your car now?

Old 03-27-2017, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by changster
Epic thread indeed.

I just ordered the full Tractive DDA RTx setup from TPC. I'm doing the full track springs (110/150nm I believe). I'll be sure to review them here after I spend some time with them. I've become an avid track junkie + mountain/canyon carver every weekend.

I already had the TPC wide track kit which is basically sway bars, front LCA's, front spacers, DSC module for stock shocks. This time is the full set of RTx coilvers, rear 997.2 Cup LCAs, rear subframe bushings, rear toe links, and sway bar endlinks with teflon covers (for reduced NVH).

There's nothing to do after this unless I start stripping the car to save weight or change the tire choice to a different diameter tire (vs OEM tire height now).
Nice! And clearly becoming a track junkie - good for you. Thanks.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:02 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Hi it's a system approach and what works depends a lot on personal preference and the road condition where you drive, etc.

If your car is completely stock I would vote for sway bar and drop link as the minimal first step, with the sway bar set to soft in front and medium stiffness in rear. Then test drive and see. If you don't feel the change is enough then you know you are looking at next step, which is lowering spring or coilover etc. Critical to use a good shop with an experienced tech so he could test and advise you if necessary.

What suspension mod is in your car now?
100% bone stock. That said, I purchased eibach springs a while back. Just didn't have the confidence that changing the springs would achieve a better ride. So they are still in the box. I would do the springs just to close the fender gap though.

But the bouncy and the lateral sway is what I would like to tighten up. So I guess sways, drop links and the spring would be a good combination for a DD?

Old 03-28-2017, 02:08 AM
RajuPatel is infamous around these parts
100% bone stock. That said, I purchased eibach springs a while back. Just didn't have the confidence that changing the springs would achieve a better ride. So they are still in the box. I would do the springs just to close the fender gap though.

But the bouncy and the lateral sway is what I would like to tighten up. So I guess sways, drop links and the spring would be a good combination for a DD?
I would try the TPS Racing's DSC Box. It WILL get rid of the Lateral sway feeling definitely, even with the stock Dampers. I guess it should help control the "kangaroo" dance feel too.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:54 AM
Thanks. I did have the tpc DSC unit and it worked great. I sold it due to a high pitched electrical sound emitting from the unit. Tom at tpc swapped it out with a new box but same issue. Tried wrapping it with EMF fabric and grounding it to the car, didn't work. The benefit of the handling didn't out weight the annoying "eeeeeeee"

Old 03-28-2017, 09:39 AM

Most definitely - especially for you since you already have bought the springs. The key is that all of these changes are reversible, meaning if for some strange reason you don't like it (I doubt it since these are fairly benign changes), they could be reversed.

Also keep in mind these are changes you feel with sporty driving on curvy canyon roads & at the track, etc., not with city driving.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:57 PM
D.Kinsey is infamous around these parts
Damtronics

Figured someone here might know, I'm having trouble locating B16 Damtronics for my 2007 997TT. Seems like a lot of places are advertising them but no longer carry them. Thanks for any suggestions!

Old 03-29-2017, 08:37 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D.Kinsey
Figured someone here might know, I'm having trouble locating B16 Damtronics for my 2007 997TT. Seems like a lot of places are advertising them but no longer carry them. Thanks for any suggestions!
Try Tom @ TPC Racing.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:22 PM
D.Kinsey is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by changster
Try Tom @ TPC Racing.
Thanks!

Old 04-01-2017, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by D.Kinsey
I am surprised if this were true, but if it is, grab one quickly! :-) Another great source to ask about and buy all things Bilstein is http://www.awe-tuning.com/bilstein-b...onic-49-135817

AWE is an extremely reputable tuner and has been around the Porsche forum a long time.

Last edited by cannga; 04-01-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:30 AM
RajuPatel is infamous around these parts
The mechanics and function of Techart Bilstein is obviously way beyond my knowledge/experience, so really the only thing I have to add is that for spring rates, I probably would vote to err on the conservative side at this point, such as 336 front/560 rear, same as the stock Bilstein rates. 650 rear may be too stiff still.

Stiffer suspensions are extremely fun on smooth curvy roads and the track, but once you have bumps and potholes, all bets are off.

Good luck and hope things will work out well for you. Update this thread once all is said and done.
I did as suggested. Removed the TechArt Main and helper springs from the front. Installed 6" long (ID 70mm) SWIFT Springs (336 ld.ft)(SWI Z70-152-060) and retained the nose lift of TechArt.

In the rears, removed the TechArt main spring and replaced with Swift Springs (Z70-203-100) (10 kgf/mm, 560 lbs/inch). Retained the Helper springs.

Replaced all top mounts with TARETT mounts. Then aligned the car. Front and back camber set to -1.5.

This set up has raised the car height to clear 95% of the speed bumps in and around town. I use the the "nose lift" function only and only for the "car-breaker" bumps.

Took it for a long ride of about 400 kms which included long straights and few twists. The ride is much more comfortable. but not at the cost of handling. Straight line high speed stability is very good (except a little floaty feeling beyond 200 kmph). long turns are also handled with great confidence. Did not have sharp turns and/or chicanes to push the car... BUT ALL IN ALL.. a true bulletproof supercar... have ordered the TARETT drop links.. will wait to install and then corner balance.. and post again after another long drive...till then, cheers.. and drive safe....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.38 average.

Quick Reply: Pics & Review of My Bilstein PSS10 Lowered Red Turbo