997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Pics & Review of My Bilstein PSS10 Lowered Red Turbo

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.38 average.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:23 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Beautiful Turbo! Love the G. red, the interior (same as mine)
You are a man of great taste.

Re. the TechArt lip versus stock: Just personal preference, no right or wrong. Over time of ownership the stock lip started to bother me more and more because of its thin and, to my eyes, "weak" look. It's good that it looks better to you! That TechArt thing costs an arm and a leg.

BTW, what does that 800 in SPI 800 in your signature mean?

Old 04-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Great looking car, really love the wheels.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 04-13-2009, 08:08 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cannga
You are a man of great taste.

Re. the TechArt lip versus stock: Just personal preference, no right or wrong. Over time of ownership the stock lip started to bother me more and more because of its thin and, to my eyes, "weak" look. It's good that it looks better to you! That TechArt thing costs an arm and a leg.

BTW, what does that 800 in SPI 800 in your signature mean?
I hear you on the lip. The TechArt is still amazing and your logic makes sense. To answer your question the SPI 800 (Switzer Performance Innovation 800 kit) in my sig. stands for uber fast on pump gas. I cannot wait! Again nice selection my friend!

Last edited by evoviiiyou; 04-13-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:29 AM
AZ Ferrari Man is infamous around these parts
You should paint those wheels black! The car's stance is great

Old 04-14-2009, 01:50 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
I hear you on the lip. The TechArt is still amazing and your logic makes sense. To answer your question the SPI 800 (Switzer Performance Innovation 800 kit) in my sig. stands for uber fast on pump gas. I cannot wait! Again nice selection my friend!
I know . I shudder to think of the acceleration your car will have. Congrats on such an amazing mod.
What do they do? Larger turbo, better intercooler, clutch, ECU? Any other significant changes to the engine?

AZ,
Thanks. I prefer a more stock presentation (just personal preference). If anything, I would try flat dark/gunmetal grey for the wheels.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Just an update: An important table with summary of alignment settings used by various people, as collected by Alex here.
Note that the 2 very critical changes from stock are at the front camber and front toe settings: More specifically more negative front camber (stock has less neg camber), and slight front toe out (stock is front toe in).
In my car ("cannga") the settings are minus 1 degree 12 minutes front camber and minus .02 minute front toe out. With this setting the car has much less understeer, and has absolutely beautiful turn-in response and rotation in corners. The first few weeks after change, I drove slowly per my tuner's (Tom "the famous tuner" of Lucent Motors, Los Angeles, (310) 231-3328) recommendation as the steering response was much sharper and more direct than before. Now I feel zero twitchiness, love the direct steering feel, & would never go back to the old setting of front toe-in.

Last edited by cannga; 05-25-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:25 AM
And a couple of pictures.

Name:  CargraphicRearwithFabspeedTip.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  154.6 KB

Old 05-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Name:  08AE9788-2PS.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  152.7 KB

Old 05-24-2009, 10:30 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
I know . I shudder to think of the acceleration your car will have. Congrats on such an amazing mod.
What do they do? Larger turbo, better intercooler, clutch, ECU? Any other significant changes to the engine?

Tym does Turbos, intercoolers, clutch LWFW, ECU, 1000cc injectors, custom fuel pumps, custom intake, exhaust, and I am doing the KW Variant Coil overs. Check out his website for the complete kit components and pricing as I am sure I am missing something.

Originally Posted by cannga
So hot! Amazing and my new screen saver.

Last edited by evoviiiyou; 05-24-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Damnit, Can...will you please stop posting pictures of that car?

Old 05-24-2009, 01:42 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
great pics Can. Car looks awesome!

Old 05-25-2009, 10:10 AM
^^^Thanks guys. Eric, good luck!

Pics are for fun; I hope everyone check out post #126 also. Critical info for the full enjoyment of your Turbo. And I mean, critical (IMHO ); you need to do those 2 simple alignment changes in addition to the Bilstein.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:18 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
thanks Can. My Bilstein's have settled already and I'm due for an alignment tomorrow(tues). will definitely use your chart.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by NeilM
thanks Can. My Bilstein's have settled already and I'm due for an alignment tomorrow(tues). will definitely use your chart.
You're welcome. My description of the handling change as a result of front toe out + more front neg camber is in post #80 if you're interested.

BTW, these numbers on my car didn't come out of thin air; lots of reading of what other people (eclou, etc.) were doing, plus the person doing the alignment really does have an outstanding reputation (Tom of Lucent Motors, Los Angeles). He has a lot of experience dealing with amateur noobs like me.
I drove carefully for the first few weeks after the toe-out alignment change, per Tom's instruction. Now that I am used to it, the car feels like an extension of my body . Direct and responsive steering, no twitchiness.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Can - why did you have to drive carefully the first few weeks?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.38 average.

Quick Reply: Pics & Review of My Bilstein PSS10 Lowered Red Turbo