997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Wtb Pss10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Wtb Pss10

where can i get a set at a good price?

Old 07-03-2008, 05:06 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Got mine at vivid racing www.vividracing.com. Dan posts here and is a forum sponsor I think.
Just ask for the same price that I got (my name in signature below).

Originally Posted by dk996tt
where can i get a set at a good price?

Old 07-03-2008, 06:10 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
My local dealer quoted me 2500.00. Would rather buy from them and let them install & make some $. With mods, I figure always better to get a few "points" with them so if warranty problems arise they are in your corner.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:21 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Duffy,

Agreed. That's about as low as I've seen this thing goes for. I am very surprised that a dealer would go that low. How much are they charging you for installation though?
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
My local dealer quoted me 2500.00. Would rather buy from them and let them install & make some $. With mods, I figure always better to get a few "points" with them so if warranty problems arise they are in your corner.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:58 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I've been contemplating getting some coil overs too. I believe the best deal is on Tire Rack's website although this may have changed. I hope this helps, good luck!

Old 07-03-2008, 10:16 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
I've been contemplating getting some coil overs too. I believe the best deal is on Tire Rack's website although this may have changed. I hope this helps, good luck!
I believe TireRack only caries H&R brand adjustable coilovers, which are not PASM compatible.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Yep we keep them in stock. Just pm me and I will take care of you

Old 07-04-2008, 12:28 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I got mine from AWE Tuning for $2500 too so that'd be another source too.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:40 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Duffy,

Agreed. That's about as low as I've seen this thing goes for. I am very surprised that a dealer would go that low. How much are they charging you for installation though?
Originally they quoted $2600.00 for bilsteins, 950.00 for install, and 150.00 for alignment. I said I could get them for $2500.00 and they said they would match it. I told them they didn't have to. Maybe they were making it up on installation. Don't really care as long as they are fair and in the ballpark. Would rather pay them a little extra and have their support in the future. I bought my first 911 from them in 1979 so have a long standing relationship. What was your installation cost?

Last edited by imcarnuts; 07-04-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:56 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
still i found 4 u the best deal

Old 07-04-2008, 08:27 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
$950 for install? That's highway robbery still! I managed to get mine installed for $550 + $300 for alignment/corner balancing. That's also including installing the sway bars and droplinks too.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:43 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atomic80
$950 for install? That's highway robbery still! I managed to get mine installed for $550 + $300 for alignment/corner balancing. That's also including installing the sway bars and droplinks too.
$950 is nothing. I live in an area where there are very few tuners - my install was quoted at $1200!!!! Corner balance and alignment extra.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by atomic80
Was that from a Porsche dealer or an independent? I still think, within reason, it is worth paying extra to buy from and have the dealer do the install. Not because of the quality of the work as there are many great independents, but for their support in case of warranty problems. All that being said, I still have not installed them.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:56 AM
You know what's ironic about that? My Porsche dealership doesn't have that much experience with working on Porsches used on the track and so forth. Most dealerships are experienced when it comes to working on street cars. The shop I used (cantrellmotorsport.com) specializes in tuning 997 cup cars which is the only reason why I'd trust them with my car. The owner himself has many years of experience working on racing cars, has been on the pit crew for several Porsche racing teams, etc. I'd say that if you can manage to find a shop like that then you'd be better off having them install/align your suspension components like I did. Yes, granted there may be warranty concerns but you pretty much nullify that when you install these aftermarket components anyways. Cantrell also has worked with my local dealership in the past too. It's amazing how "close" many of the Porsche shops are around here.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Hello Duffy,

My cost was 650 installation, 160 alignment.
I agree with you, that if something is to go wrong, it's better to have had it done at a dealer.OTOH, a few weeks ago I posted a question regarding alignment machines and skills, and the gist of the replies is "man" is more important than the machine. "Find the best installer and let him do the work," even if he doesn't have the latest gadget.

Just my humble opinion: For this kind of work, in some way I also agree with Jason. Better to find a reputable Porsche tuning shop. Best is a small shop where the owner is intimately involved with every installation.
The problem with large shops and dealer is that the person doing the work is not necessarily the person with the best experience and knowledge. And as an hourly paid employee, he may not be asking all the questions he should be during the installation.

Lastly, in case you don't already know: I think it's very important to also increase front camber as part of the suspension tuning. Stock is about -.4, you probably want to go to -1 or -1.2. Turn-in is much better, and no harm other than a tad more tire wear. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Originally they quoted $2600.00 for bilsteins, 950.00 for install, and 150.00 for alignment. I said I could get them for $2500.00 and they said they would match it. I told them they didn't have to. Maybe they were making it up on installation. Don't really care as long as they are fair and in the ballpark. Would rather pay them a little extra and have their support in the future. I bought my first 911 from them in 1979 so have a long standing relationship. What was your installation cost?

Last edited by cannga; 07-04-2008 at 10:49 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wtb Pss10