997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My SPI 750 project...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Evoviiyou, yup. it will be a great weekend car because I love cruise in a nice clean, washed, and shiny car during the weekend. Last time I went for a cruise at the beach while taking my nephews in to the cliff house in San Francisco, CA, it felt really good. I see some other nice cars such as Porsche Carriers, 50s Chevy truck, and a new model Mustangs that are mod-ed.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:58 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Cool...thanks...make sure u keep ME updated when u go next )))
For sure my friend! Its my pleasure...I am sure you cant be holding up to good being so far(distance wise) from such an amazing ride! I hope these updates help get you through it.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:10 PM
mannytt is infamous around these partsmannytt is infamous around these parts
sweet

Old 07-19-2008, 04:39 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
For sure my friend! Its my pleasure...I am sure you cant be holding up to good being so far(distance wise) from such an amazing ride! I hope these updates help get you through it.

Thank you very much my freind ...Hope next time you will like it even more and it will be faster as well

We might take it to track once we are done ...if we have time...

Old 07-23-2008, 01:30 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Update:

The car has been dynoed yesterday at 90F+ and high humidity with mix of pump and 109 race gas...at 591whp with TIPS...Should be around 580 on pump...

More tuning to come but Tym is very happy with the results and says those real numbers are very strong for TIPS...cause Tips eats power like crazy and it is very HOT outside...also they did couple of runs and car doesnt loose any power...Moster IC working well )))

For comparision they dyno 997 TT Tips with Giac flash at same day at 460whp...

Track test will show us real results ...

Old 07-23-2008, 07:40 AM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
That is 591 awhp? Very impressive regardless.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:48 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by N2it
That is 591 awhp? Very impressive regardless.
I believe Tym at SPI uses a rear wheel Dynojet dyno. So it I think it would be 591 rwhp. Very impressive GT RUS!! That thing should be really fun!! I cant wait for you to tell people you have a tip and they get excited to race and then ahhh yeah!!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
I believe Tym at SPI uses a rear wheel Dynojet dyno. So it I think it would be 591 rwhp. Very impressive GT RUS!! That thing should be really fun!! I cant wait for you to tell people you have a tip and they get excited to race and then ahhh yeah!!
Not sure 1st dyno was on Mustang dyno...and 415 whp...We will see what its will do on track...more tuning to come...

I think Vivid racing dynoed their manual 997 TT at same HOT weather at only 387whp...CIAG flash and mic pump and race fuel 459...my kit 591 now...with Tips...

Last edited by GT RUS; 07-23-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Got confirmation from Tym...my car was dynoed again on Mustang DYNO so that is real world hot weather 591 whp and we are not done yet )))

Also found put about driveterrain loss on 997 TT TIPs:

My freind spoked with John at Protosport. He said that a 700 997TT Tip should put down mid to high 500awhp. It depends greatly though on whose dyno, temperature, fuel, etc. Too many variables for an accurate reading.. He also said awd loss is about 20% and tip is about another 5%.

So with rough calculation for crank HP 591 x 25% = 739 crank HP again at 90F+ and hign humidity, so I am very happy dyno curve look awesome...but I will only post final dyno once we are done with it...hopefully temp will go down as well...so we will make even better numbers...most important thing that those numbers are real DEAL...

<!-- / message -->

Last edited by GT RUS; 07-24-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Banned
HRE_Matt is infamous around these parts
beautiful.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:04 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
good stuff you must be excited! Get that thing out on the track

Old 07-23-2008, 07:41 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
good stuff you must be excited! Get that thing out on the track
Exactly! Rt 10 is the preferred track in our area. Video of my Z and this beast should be out once Tym is ready to run.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Got confirmation from Tym...my car was dynoed again on Mustang DYNO so that is real world hot weather 591 whp and we are not done yet )))

Also found put about driveterrain loss on 997 TT TIPs:

My freind spoked with John at Protosport. He said that a 700 997TT Tip should put down mid to high 500awhp. It depends greatly though on whose dyno, temperature, fuel, etc. Too many variables for an accurate reading.. He also said awd loss is about 20% and tip is about another 5%.

So with rough calculation for crank HP 591 x 25% = 749 crank HP again at 90F+ and hign humidity, so I am very happy dyno curve look awesome...but I will only post final dyno once we are done with it...hopefully temp will go down as well...so we will make even better numbers...most important thing that those numbers are real DEAL...

<!-- / message -->
Wow on a Mustang Dyno!!! That makes those numbers even more amazing! She is going to be a blast for you!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Exactly! Rt 10 is the preferred track in our area. Video of my Z and this beast should be out once Tym is ready to run.
I think that your Z would be a better roll run with dk996tt's 35R car. From a dig at a quarter mile track I think it would be good to see how well GTRUS's tip car does in the 60, 330...and I bet your Z is a monster on the back half! Should be fun..let me know when you guys throw this down!

Old 07-23-2008, 11:04 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
jamie, this should be a good run with your Z06. without the bottle, of course . i hear you also got your audi back. i want to run your audi in my evo. it should be a good run as well. on 93 pump gas, of course!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My SPI 750 project...