997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My SPI 750 project...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:19 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Finally..here is the video...its the 1st time I see my car runing sounds nice...I am happy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp6MIQRtvkw

Its runned on stock tyres and moderate launch (not sure what Rpms but ET time 1.90-2.20)...with 1.6-1.7 we should be able to run hign 10s....You can see from a vid... How the car hesitated from the starts the then took off...from 3000 RPMS it would good jump...

There is one video on the NET from stock red 997 TT Tips runing 11.4xxx stock almost spining his tyres (there was this noise when the tyres alsmot spi9ning I am not sure how it called) from the start in 1/4 mile run....but he was launching from high RMPS...

I know on stock car you can launch from 3000RPMs with Tips and it run around 11.5 with that launch... Jumps pretty good but some people here with 630HP Techart said that is difficult to launch their car from anything higher then 2000 RPMs cause with more more power the car just start moving but then again Tubros start blowing at like 2500 Rpms as far as I know...Should be possible to launch car from 3000 Rpms anyways with mod car ?????...

I dont know...we will need to think about it more and decide what to do next...I think it would be nice to launch from 3500-4000 Rpms with TipS ))))

Last edited by GT RUS; 09-12-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:22 AM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Thanks for posting. Nice runs. How much are u looking to sell your car for? Maybe I can check your car out when I visit Tym this coming week and check out Davids Sledgehammer.

Aaron

Old 09-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Roland is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Very nice setup,with great time ! Switzer rocks

Old 09-12-2008, 11:49 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
My pleasure...

You have a PM ...

Originally Posted by acicchelli
Thanks for posting. Nice runs. How much are u looking to sell your car for? Maybe I can check your car out when I visit Tym this coming week and check out Davids Sledgehammer.

Aaron

Old 09-12-2008, 04:31 PM
SleeperX is infamous around these parts
Mike,
Congrats. NIce times. Can't wait til you get it and make some videos.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:09 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Sweet, your Tip 997TT sounds amazing! 130+ traps with a tip is fantastic and thats where I think the perfect blend of power and durability are at their best! I look forward to this projects finish!

Old 09-15-2008, 02:56 AM
Originally Posted by SleeperX
Mike,
Congrats. NIce times. Can't wait til you get it and make some videos.
We are still working on it...those runs where done by 2 diff people who never drove 997 TT TipS + they where told to take it easy...light brake pedal launch...we just wanted to see what speeds the car traps...

We are going for 10s soon ))) with agressive launch...video will come but I think only next Spring ...while those GTRs are getting tuned as well...

Last edited by GT RUS; 09-15-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Sweet, your Tip 997TT sounds amazing! 130+ traps with a tip is fantastic and thats where I think the perfect blend of power and durability are at their best! I look forward to this projects finish!
I love the sound as well...

Almost 132 mph with light launch...I think this indicates of what the car would be really be capable off with harder launch ))) and good ET times...

We are not rushing now...just want everything at its best...working on few other things...not finished yet but I am getting very confident in my BEAST

Old 09-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Michael, your car did very well for a soft launch. Tym launched both of our cars softly just to get an idea of MPH at the end of the 1/4 mile. He was not trying to get the absolute best time out of it. i think you can launch the tip with a 1.7 sec. 60 ft. time. Launching more agressively will definitely put you in the 10's. Congrats! BTW, your car sounds great!

Last edited by dk996tt; 09-15-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:42 AM
Thanks man...I am looking forward to it )))

Old 09-16-2008, 08:07 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Cheers Michael! Thanks for sharing your beast's video!! Very impressive brotha

Old 09-17-2008, 08:11 AM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
I wanted to mention here that I got to check out GT RUS's tip car yesterday when I was in Ohio checking out David's Sledgehammer. It's a very nice car, Michael, and I was impressed with the package. It feels like a car that traps 132mph, yet it can be very docile when you want it to be. I am sure you will really like it when you get it back.

Aaron

Old 09-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks for info...that what I wanted...and I cant wait...

Old 09-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Thanks for info...that what I wanted...and I cant wait...
what turbos are you running?

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-17-2008, 01:33 PM
its the stock turbos.

Aaron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My SPI 750 project...