997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Official response from GIAC to comments in locked thread 136635...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 08:52 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997ttt
I think that this information is great.
I am planning a Fabspeed Performance package install with ImageAuto in Kansas City (Stephen) end of this month. ECU flash with GIAC.
I have am getting the feeling that all is not 100% problem free with these flashes. I guess a lot has to do with the additional hardware upgrades in addition to the expertise of the person doing the install.

I have heard great things about ImageAuto and they come highly recommended by Fabspeed (Jeremy).

But getting the GIAC history is interesting. I think that with more competition, they are feeling compelled to start answering their phones and listening to customers. At > $3,500 per flash (probably a very large profit margin), I think that a certain level of customer service should be expected.

However, I think that most 997TT owners best bet is to go with a reputable installer like ImageAuto who has some clout with Fabspeed and GIAC, so that if something does not turn out right, the problem with be solved with Stephen on the phone talking to either Fabspeed or GIAC.

Fabspeed and GIAC would care so much more about what Installers (who are major purchasers of their product) think about their product than an individual 997TT owner who will make a single purchase.

Again, great information. I don't care if it is dirty laundry. I will be spending over almost 10,000 for this upgrade. I want to hear about issues like this.
I think that is accurate, 100% installer dependent.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
ohiogt2... i dont know what you are talking about. if you think just cause someone else is first to market then everything else is a copy, then this world is full of copiers.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Subbie is infamous around these parts
I'm not a lawyer but I think thats called either patent, trademark or copyright infringement.

Originally Posted by vividracing
ohiogt2... i dont know what you are talking about. if you think just cause someone else is first to market then everything else is a copy, then this world is full of copiers.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:51 PM
eyesurg is infamous around these parts
data talks, the rest walks

Old 07-12-2008, 02:58 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eyesurg
data talks, bull**** walks
fixed it 4 ya!

Old 07-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Sanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond repute
Best combo lately I have seen is Tony from PES/ Jeremy @ Fabspeed , great to deal with and none of this drama

Old 07-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Sanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond repute
Vivid I would buy from you but only if you remove that eye soar of a banner on the right that is flashing all the dang time

Old 07-13-2008, 03:46 PM
noah677 is infamous around these parts
I can't tell you guys how happy I am with my GIAC flash and Tubi mufflers. It works and the difference over stock is so great that it is shocking---it was costly about 9000+k (installed) but WOW. I also checked into going further like some sort of "700" but for the potential problems and the extra 30k installed, I will happily stay with what I got. I have to agree with some others--for 3500k GIAC CENTRAL should take more of an active roll with cutomers who do have problems

Old 07-13-2008, 04:17 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Noah, I have the same setup with Tubi exhaust and I am looking at the GIAC. Did you dyno the car? How much of a power increase?
TIA

Old 07-14-2008, 11:18 AM
MJS NYC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sanders911
Best combo lately I have seen is Tony from PES/ Jeremy @ Fabspeed , great to deal with and none of this drama
+1, I put down 514hp to the wheels. Closed topic.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:09 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I'd like know the reason for the termination of Evom from GIAC and from this board!!!!!!!

Old 07-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Noah, I have the same setup with Tubi exhaust and I am looking at the GIAC. Did you dyno the car? How much of a power increase?
TIA
There is no real dyno for a AWD in CA--at least in Northern CA. But for me to notice such a difference the gain has to be at least 30+++. It is not smoke and mirrors or sound increase etc because the tubi exhaust is not that loud. I would love to know what numbers I really have, but it is a no go for now.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I'd like know the reason for the termination of Evom from GIAC and from this board!!!!!!!
Me too

Old 07-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Banned
Tuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Andrew@GIAC
<!--StartFragment -->
I had thought originally that the two cars were in Calgary and, last month, asked a GIAC dealer there, Tunerwerks, if they knew of any 700-kit cars that were not running as expected. They did not.
Andrew,

You are correct that all of our GIAC customers are very happy with no issues to report. Let me know if you need info or feedback from any of our guys.

Rob

Old 07-14-2008, 09:06 PM
ronkain is infamous around these parts
it is Intellectual property

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official response from GIAC to comments in locked thread 136635...