997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Official response from GIAC to comments in locked thread 136635...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sanders911
Vivid I would buy from you but only if you remove that eye soar of a banner on the right that is flashing all the dang time

x 1,000,000

Old 07-14-2008, 11:07 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT

NineNineSixTT, as I posted in another thread...I am happy that your car is set up to your satisfaction now. I heard that it is fast! To make it clear and fair to GIAC...The flash that you wanted and then decided to not go with, was our new switcher program with stock, 91 and 100 octane options. Sorry for the confusion guys. Thomas if I remember correctly your car did awesome and had the highest numbers of the day (all cars numbers looked low that day) at the Harman Motive dyno day which was a completely independent test. On a Pump file too. All of our other SG700 guys seem very happy. Let's just move on. Again I am happy for you!

Here is the thread... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ghlight=harman

Thanks guys,
Sam,

We both know i didn't decide against getting the update/switcher program. We agreed on a sum amount plus $500 (which for your sake i will not discuss at this moment) in any cash, credit, check payment methods. Yet the following day, you told me Dan would only accept cash. I clear my schedule and waited 30-60 mins at your location. You didn't even have the common courtesy to tell me about this cash deal to my face; you decided it would be easier after a 30-60 min wait to tell me this over the receptionist's phone. Not suprisingly i decided to end all transactions. After spending 40k+, and enduring many screw ups, i'd had enough.

My car did 505awhp that day, and was only dynoing with stage 4's and below. TKDAlumni's SG650 also dyno that day but was not running correctly, therefore i will not mention his numbers.

Yes it is correct my car is finally run right, but NO, not because of Speed Gallery.

I appeciate your kind words, but i will not move on after you Speed Gallery ripped my off. Bottomline i paid for a SG700 to run correctly, and it never has for longer than a few days. Some of the other SG700's may run correctly but i know of at least one other who is also having problems. I also believe many others are not pushing their sg700s as hard as i did; At least 2 GTG's a week. Freeway runs in Mexico, and canyon runs at the crest.

When my car was an SG650 i had knock problems that would throw my car into limp mode. Pnoob, also had this problem. We were both advised to upgrade to SG700 to correct this problem. It is my belief that GIAC turned off certain so-called "safety" features in the new program to prevent this knock protection. A diode was also added to prevent the factory overboost protection. It was not programmed in, rather a crude method was used.

Thomas

Last edited by NineNineSixTT; 07-14-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:06 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
I work very closely with Evolution Motorsports helping them design new exhaust for their big hp 996tt/997tt cars. They chose not to renew their sponsorship with 6-speed...they were not terminated. They are great bunch of people to work with. We are constantly flying out to EVO testing different exhaust on their cars.
It is becoming harder to post anything on 6-speed anymore without someone slamming you. This forum should help people, not bash different companies. I can tell you that I represent Fabspeed Motorsport on this forum and would never take the low road and talk badly about another company. With that being said, I think that was part of their reason for leaving 6-speed for a while.
Have a great day everybody!

Originally Posted by noah677
Me too

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 07-15-2008 at 06:16 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:44 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
with the shift in ownership of 6speed and the lack of moderation we now see you cant blame them I suppose.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:27 PM
lamvince is infamous around these partslamvince is infamous around these parts
My friend's car with GIAC chip blew up. After taking to another guy, he found that the air/fuel isnt set up properly

Old 07-15-2008, 12:32 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lamvince
My friend's car with GIAC chip blew up. After taking to another guy, he found that the air/fuel isnt set up properly
Is this the stage 3/4 from SG? The guy from Florida?

Old 07-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hey guys,

I want to say that any SG customer with any requests or needs always could and still can contact me and I will be glad to assist.

NineninesixTT, I attached the dyno day post to show how every car was low on hp. The Evo stage 4 race gas program car did 440hp and 496tq. I hav eseen claims that they make 620+ and I believe it. Yes your car did 505hp and 545tq. That is were it should have been on a pump file on that dyno. We will be on opposite sides forever it looks like. We always did what we thought was fair for you on your car at SG. We had a few SG650's that were not running right yes. We were learning a little about that kit at that time. I installed a few diodes to see how the cars would react. We got the issue resolved. GIAC does not like or condone the use of diodes on their tunes. When we last upgraded your car it had no diode and the ECU was our 91 octane GIAC file. I know you had a few other people work on the car and you did not want to use SG any longer, but would ask our mechanics to do after hours work for you. Two sides Thomas. Like I said We never have run away from an issue nor ever will. I think you know why we would not accept any other form of payment. Too much was said by you after my phone conversation with you. It sounds like that is what set you off or was it the fact that your car needed more unrelated service and repairs that were costly. I know you will go on forever and I can't do that with you kid. I am sorry for all of your troubles whomever may have had fault. There is always two sides to a story. I have been doing this a long time and I think that many people will vouch that I will always do my best to help a customer out. You know what I mean right...before you were pissed? F.Y.I. Our current kits do not come with or need a diode as the GIAC software is tuned and good to go. (like the last file in your car).

So post on Thomas and good luck to you. I will shake your hand anytime as I did at one of the drives on Sunday.

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 07-15-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:44 PM
lamvince is infamous around these partslamvince is infamous around these parts
No, it was some guy from California's turbo blew up after the chip..

Old 07-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
In response to the following comment by NineninesixTT:

"When my car was an SG650 i had knock problems that would throw my car into limp mode. Pnoob, also had this problem. We were both advised to upgrade to SG700 to correct this problem. It is my belief that GIAC turned off certain so-called "safety" features in the new program to prevent this knock protection. A diode was also added to prevent the factory overboost protection. It was not programmed in, rather a crude method was used.

Thomas"

How would you detect knock? We reprogrammed you car after. The SG700 "cost price" offer made a few guys pretty happy. GIAC never turned off anything and has no reason to do that. Again it was programmed and we never denied having to get a solution. We followed through.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:50 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Evoms

In support of EVOMS, I can report that they stepped up to resolve my issues when I had similar idle problems reported earlier in this thread with my previously GIAC programmed GT700. EVOMS has always been a stand up outfit for as long as I've used their products. I also concur with the statements about the enhanced drivability of their new programming.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
<!--StartFragment -->NineNineSixTT

While there are several Turbo Kit manufacturers that use a diode like the one you mentioned, as Sam said, we never supported it. That diode may even conflict with our programming and cause the car to run differently. There is apparently, a lot of misinformation going around. For the 996TT and the 997TT, our race gas and pump gas options run different boost levels, all controlled by our handheld device. This is not achievable with a simple diode.

lamvince

We are unaware of the car you are describing. We have flashed many 997Turbo cars and have not heard of an issue like this. As we mentioned before we leave all safeties intact. In other words, if there is a malfunctioning component, bad tank of gas, out of spec temperatures, too much knock activity, etc., our program will respond by reducing timing, boost, and/or closing the throttle. Because we have "on the fly" switching programs, we have enough room in the DME to offer different octane modes, as well as safety and limp settings. With that said, completely stock cars can and do break from time to time.

As I mentioned before, we went through substantial testing on the 997TT, several months actually, to make sure the software was ready for release. We have an impeccable track record for reliability, which is the reason why so many respected after-market and new car dealerships sell our products.

In our initial post for this thread, which now has 2406 views, we invited anyone in need of direct customer support to contact us. Apparently, of the 2406 views, there was only one 6speeder in need of help. His situation was completely unrelated to the quality of our product. In fact, he went to a local shop that was not a GIAC distributor to buy a GIAC program, but unbeknownst to him, ended up with another company's program.

Our e-mail is Sales@giacusa.com, mine is andrew@giacusa.com, and our telephone number is 949-724-0014. Feel free to call us yourself if you have any questions.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:53 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Is there any official word on what was changed to correct the problem causing the driveability issues with the GIAC flash vs. EVOMSit flash?

Old 07-15-2008, 10:31 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I'm supposed to take my car in for a chip and you guys are scaring the **** out of me.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
I'm supposed to take my car in for a chip and you guys are scaring the **** out of me.
same here. does not help when you get a ride in a shop car of a certain company and the dash looks like a freaking xmas tree either. No, wont say who as God knows what the cause was so that would be unfair. But it did freak me out a bit.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:51 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Gasman

Doug, these guys are talking about Zebras. Don't worry, I can attest to the flawlessness of the GIAC flashes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official response from GIAC to comments in locked thread 136635...