997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Official response from GIAC to comments in locked thread 136635...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 07:13 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I don't know much about flashes and I don't know a lot about forums. One thing I have learned about forums in my short tenure here, is that if sombody's Porsche hiccups, we read all about it on 6speed. Why, anybody else with similar problem, etc. Why is it that, if there are all these alleged problems with GIAC, they have not come to light earlier.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Why is it that, if there are all these alleged problems with GIAC, they have not come to light earlier.
Can I get an AMEN? I'm glad someone finally said it.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:58 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I dont think there are any issues with the typical flashes, just some guys with 700 kits from earlier Porsche models. But then you have to ask yourself when changing out so many more parts the easiest thing to blame is the software for a CEL etc.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:02 AM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
I am still very happy with the work that GIAC/AWE did on my GT3 and would highly recommend both of them without reservations. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiaw3YHrRMs

Old 07-16-2008, 08:17 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
But then you have to ask yourself when changing out so many more parts the easiest thing to blame is the software for a CEL etc.
Can I get another AMEN?

That is exactly my point, and I have been telling people this for years. Faulty hardware, poorly engineered hardware, and lousy vehicle maintenance can make a software calibrators life miserable.

We have developed a variety of mass market kits for VW, Audi, and Porsche. They have all used G.I.A.C. software. G.I.A.C. is only as good as the tuner that is developing the hardware. We have a team of engineers on staff to make sure that there is no guess work. We strive to make sure the hardware is perfect BEFORE G.I.A.C. gets involved. Once we have all bases covered, they tune it.

I think many 6speeders don't really know too much about our company. Let me give you some info that some might not know.

1. In business for 17 years.
2. G.I.A.C.'s first dealer.
3. Located in Willow Grove, PA. We occupy a 10,000 square foot facility.
4. 20 Full time employees.
5. On Site exhaust manufacturing. All Porsche exhausts from start to finish, except for tips, are made at this location.
6. CNC machine on site.
7. CNC mandrel bender on site.
8. Mustang AWD chassis dyno.
9. Hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of test and manufacturing equipment.
10. Winners of multiple awards and shootouts.
11. Over 400 wholesale accounts worldwide.
12. Shipping 40-60 packages per day.

We are not working from our home, nor are we only sustained by our local market. We are an engineering driven company that plans on raising the bar VERY high in this market.

This is just some of what it takes to make it easier for G.I.A.C. to do what they do.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SWATDoc
I am still very happy with the work that GIAC/AWE did on my GT3 and would highly recommend both of them without reservations. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiaw3YHrRMs
HOLY HELL. I have yet to see that video of yours. The car sounds SICK! Cup car!

Really impressed... I am glad you like it.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:40 AM
wbrownie has a spectacular aura aboutwbrownie has a spectacular aura aboutwbrownie has a spectacular aura about
+1

I was at VIR before 4th of July and heard a 997 GT3 RS with AWE exhaust...it was unfreaking believable. The sound was pure sex.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor
Here is another example of how we engineer our products. This particular component is for the new Audi 2.0T A4.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...&highlight=awe

Old 07-16-2008, 10:09 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
sounds like people are just looking to point the finger

Old 07-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jeremy@Fabspeed
I work very closely with Evolution Motorsports helping them design new exhaust for their big hp 996tt/997tt cars. They chose not to renew their sponsorship with 6-speed...they were not terminated. They are great bunch of people to work with. We are constantly flying out to EVO testing different exhaust on their cars.
It is becoming harder to post anything on 6-speed anymore without someone slamming you. This forum should help people, not bash different companies. I can tell you that I represent Fabspeed Motorsport on this forum and would never take the low road and talk badly about another company. With that being said, I think that was part of their reason for leaving 6-speed for a while.
Have a great day everybody!

If companies like yours keep there word there would not be so many people reporting to others the negative experiences that they have had.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Nice. The car sounds great.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Here is another example of how we engineer our products. This particular component is for the new Audi 2.0T A4.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...&highlight=awe
Mike,

You guys at AWE make great products. We have definitely enjoyed and been impressed with the exhausts that you have sent us over the years.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds great. Do you have a version of this video without the background music? TIA.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Andrew. Nice to see you posting. There have been several discussions over the years about issues your clients have had with their cars. As I notice you are only on your 15th post, it's understandable you have not been involved in any of the discourse over the years. I went to your web site, a few month back, to try and get Garrett on the phone. No phone number was listed. I'm glad to see you are finally available to provide service to your customers. I had been having issues for years. My first issues began in 2003 with the GT640 kit, prior to GIAC/EVOMS using the diode. 5 years of discussions, on this board, have occurred with not a single post by anyone from GIAC. I'm glad to see you have decided to get involved. You are correct, I no longer have a need to get in touch with you.

Mike

Old 07-16-2008, 05:17 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Excuse my ignorance but what is diode? And why was it a culprit to the GT700 problems?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official response from GIAC to comments in locked thread 136635...