997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Official response from GIAC to comments in locked thread 136635...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Excuse my ignorance but what is diode? And why was it a culprit to the GT700 problems?
The "diode" was used, from my understanding, to prevent the ECU from seeing >1.3 bar boost and subsequently slamming the throttle body closed. GIAC could not over ride the 1.3 bar TB shut down in car that were running > 1.3 bar and used a diode to fool the ECU into seeing less boost than was actually being created. This is how I understand it.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:29 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zippy
The "diode" was used, from my understanding, to prevent the ECU from seeing >1.3 bar boost and subsequently slamming the throttle body closed. GIAC could not over ride the 1.3 bar TB shut down in car that were running > 1.3 bar and used a diode to fool the ECU into seeing less boost than was actually being created. This is how I understand it.
Zippy, I am assuming it located inside the ECU? So one must remove it from the ECU before reflash it with the new EvomsIT?

Old 07-16-2008, 05:29 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Giac

I did not have this diode issue with my GT700 996-GT2. I did have a low idle/stalling problem that was associated with the Maf(both stock and Hitachi). This was resolved with EVOMS's new programming but it took a while since they had difficulty getting resolution from their previous s/w partner.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:45 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Zippy, I am assuming it located inside the ECU? So one must remove it from the ECU before reflash it with the new EvomsIT?

Yes your ecu must come out of hidding - you got alot of stero equipment to remove Vince bruv

Jag

Old 07-16-2008, 05:53 PM
drbill is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Can I get another AMEN?

That is exactly my point, and I have been telling people this for years. Faulty hardware, poorly engineered hardware, and lousy vehicle maintenance can make a software calibrators life miserable.

We have developed a variety of mass market kits for VW, Audi, and Porsche. They have all used G.I.A.C. software. G.I.A.C. is only as good as the tuner that is developing the hardware. We have a team of engineers on staff to make sure that there is no guess work. We strive to make sure the hardware is perfect BEFORE G.I.A.C. gets involved. Once we have all bases covered, they tune it.

I think many 6speeders don't really know too much about our company. Let me give you some info that some might not know.

1. In business for 17 years.
2. G.I.A.C.'s first dealer.
3. Located in Willow Grove, PA. We occupy a 10,000 square foot facility.
4. 20 Full time employees.
5. On Site exhaust manufacturing. All Porsche exhausts from start to finish, except for tips, are made at this location.
6. CNC machine on site.
7. CNC mandrel bender on site.
8. Mustang AWD chassis dyno.
9. Hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of test and manufacturing equipment.
10. Winners of multiple awards and shootouts.
11. Over 400 wholesale accounts worldwide.
12. Shipping 40-60 packages per day.

We are not working from our home, nor are we only sustained by our local market. We are an engineering driven company that plans on raising the bar VERY high in this market.

This is just some of what it takes to make it easier for G.I.A.C. to do what they do.
for those who do not remember my tale, i purchsed 997 tt from ny dealer who sold it to me not realizing car's previous owner (for only 6 mos!) hd giac tuning installed by Mike at AWE....Dealer promised any issues would be under full warranty b/c they stand by very few installers and AWE is one of them. i have not had issue in one yr...

Old 07-16-2008, 05:57 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Yes your ecu must come out of hidding - you got alot of stero equipment to remove Vince bruv

Jag
Jag when are you going MaxRpm. I may need to coordinate a ride home.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:13 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Jag when are you going MaxRpm. I may need to coordinate a ride home.

Vince bruv,

I know I spend alot of time there, but now your just taking the ****.

Nah really I dont know at this point. But when I call I will call you. PM me your celli

Jag

Old 07-16-2008, 07:42 PM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rob
Sounds great. Do you have a version of this video without the background music? TIA.
Funny you should ask, I have been experimenting with an external (remote) microphone on the videos. I borrowed one of my wife's professional instrument mics and placed it in the engine compartment at various locations with various covers to try to obtain the incredible soundtrack. I felt that on that particular drive, it sounded a little too "hot" so I tried to cover it a bit with the music (failed), but several friends have asked to hear it as recorded. So here is a link to the original, and I have also added another link to a separate attempt (no music added) with multiple pulls. BTW, the cars ahead of me in the second video were two 997TTs and a 996GT2, I can't wait to get them on the track....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTz7SuRQJxU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvkkRi-Va9w

AWE/GIAC rules! This car is amazing and I will continue to attempt to record a more representative sample of the engine note. Watch for additional videos after the new HD camera arrives and I find the "best" site for the mic.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I just noticed this thread.... and being on this board for 4 years now.... I would like to share some of my honest observations....

I recently became aware of the issues( if any) between Evoms and Giac. ALL tuners have something to hide.... just part of ther business.
I can say firmly that Evoms stood 100% behind the products they sold- one of which was Giac. However, I find it ironic that after so many years of not even one single post form Giac, we now have someone from that company posting direct company phone numbers.... things that make you go hhhmmm.
I recall owning a Giac ECu on my Speed Gallery set up.... but even Sam couldn't get a hold of anyone at giac when my ecu was acting up....
But even with that said, when it ran it ran fine....

I recall all the companies involved being best of friends... at shoot outs and other events.... they all made a LOT of money over the last 7 years as well....

with that said, I still think it's nothing more then about money.... pure and simple.

just my honest opinion...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-16-2008, 09:04 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drbill
for those who do not remember my tale, i purchsed 997 tt from ny dealer who sold it to me not realizing car's previous owner (for only 6 mos!) hd giac tuning installed by Mike at AWE....Dealer promised any issues would be under full warranty b/c they stand by very few installers and AWE is one of them. i have not had issue in one yr...
Bill, where have you been hiding?
C
Mariski is right on the money.

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 07-16-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:18 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Mariski is right on the money.[/quote]
yes u are big Mariski.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:51 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
As my name was mentioned I will reply....a tad late to the party I know.

I am very very happy that I am now using EVOMSit, my dash lights are all off now and stay off!

Thank you.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:39 PM
amg e55 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by robertp
No vendor should be a moderator on this or any forum. It should be a third party!
I couldn't agree more to keep everyone impartial. How can 6speed let this be?

Old 07-17-2008, 07:02 PM
lamvince is infamous around these partslamvince is infamous around these parts
who makes the evomsit

Old 07-17-2008, 07:04 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Evolution motorsports does .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official response from GIAC to comments in locked thread 136635...