997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Official response from GIAC to comments in locked thread 136635...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Official response from GIAC to comments in locked thread 136635...

<!--StartFragment -->The comments below are GIAC's official response to posts made in a thread the day before yesterday. That thread was locked before we had the opportunity to respond.

<!--StartFragment -->https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136635

Hello Zippy and BigBadBen,

Evo reported to us some time ago that there were two cars in Canada that were having an idle issue that was different than all the other cars that they had done installs on, including their own in-house car, our in-house car and another dealer's in-house car. They also reported some time after that, that the two cars had visited their shop, that they had fixed some install issues and that the cars subsequently drove as expected. We did not hear about these cars again until the beginning of May this year when we officially terminated Evo's GIAC authorized dealer status. At that time and following the termination, Evo said that the same two cars were still an issue. They did not provide any contact info for these two customers.

If the two customers are yourselves, then one of you should recall that we took the initiative to seek out a disatisfied customer, and called Eurasia July 8th, before your posts, asking if they knew anything about the two mystery customers and if they did that we would be happy to help. I had thought originally that the two cars were in Calgary and, last month, asked a GIAC dealer there, Tunerwerks, if they knew of any 700-kit cars that were not running as expected. They did not. An initial search of our sales@giacusa.com box yielded no complaints about any of the calibrations that we did for the Evo kits.

Zippy, as Mike said, it sounds like you have no interest in contacting us, and that is unfortunate. Our main telephone number at GIAC for any customer that would like to call is 949-724-0014. GIAC has been designing and manufacturing software and accessory devices for enthusiasts for over 12 years as a corporation. GIAC also provides custom tuning services for professional race teams around the world. GIAC does this with its own, internally developed tuning, diagnostic and flashing tools.

NineNineSixTT,

When you contacted us, you wanted us to sell you the race gas option for the Speed Gallery kit on the side. We told you that, as a policy, we do not sell direct to the public because we do not want to compete with our own distributors. You expressed your dissatisfaction with that policy and here we are...

-GIAC software for your car is encrypted and is not decipherable by after market programming tools.

-GIAC has a long, well-respected history of tuning a large number of European makes and has become an industry leader known for its exceptionally powerful and reliable software.

-Many of the largest tuning houses in the after-market and among OEM dealerships carry our software.

-We have over 175 authorized dealers worldwide.

-Several companies offer warranties based on the reliability of our products.

-We have had a high-end OEM automotive manufacturer buy our product for a high profile customer's car.

This is the profile of a company that leaves safeties in tact.

Alex/Sharkey,

It is not appropriate nor professional for a moderator to bash a competitors product and then quickly lock the thread so that there could be no response. Looking through our previous email exchanges with you, you have always been very positive about our software. Lets try to preserve the free exchange of ideas on this forum while maintaining an acceptable level of professionalism.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
I would like to point out that we have been a GIAC distributor and installer for over 5 years now, having said that we have been extremely satisfied with the quality of product, professionalism and support we have had from GIAC.

When we opened our retail location in Southern California we had an oppurtunity to choose any software supplier and we were approached by many. With Porsche being such a huge market in this area and our main business we wanted a reputable software tuner who had a product that our customers could rely on. With that we went with GIAC.

I would also like to point out that 9 out of 10 times when there are issues with drive-ability check engine lights and the such it is often a hardware or a installation issue.

We see this on a weekly basis, owners will either mix and match products or the products that are installed are the root of the problem themselves.

Bottom line is that GIAC has a quality product.

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 07-11-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:54 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Andrew@GIAC
<!--StartFragment -->

NineNineSixTT,

When you contacted us, you wanted us to sell you the race gas option for the Speed Gallery kit on the side. We told you that, as a policy, we do not sell direct to the public because we do not want to compete with our own distributors. You expressed your dissatisfaction with that policy and here we are...

Incorrect.

I was running in earlier version of the program, and what i wanted was the update. Also i didn't want you "to sell" me anything, i wanted what i had already paid for. Andrew since you were not the one who i spoke to regarding this update, please don't assume you know what happened. Please contact me via PM if you have anything further you wish to add. Please do this forum and myself a favor and not drag this issue out into the public.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
NineNineSixTT

Id be more than happy to sell you the GIAC software upgrade.......

We can do it while you wait.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hey guys,

I agree with Fabryce and many others that we have had a great experience with GIAC. They have good support and only release a product when it is really ready. I will say if there is or was an issue or complaint, I don't think that GIAC would dodge it. I think that they have worked too hard to be at the top of there game to let that happen. Then there are the dealers whom represent or sell the product and we all have to keep our support up as well.

NineNineSixTT, as I posted in another thread...I am happy that your car is set up to your satisfaction now. I heard that it is fast! To make it clear and fair to GIAC...The flash that you wanted and then decided to not go with, was our new switcher program with stock, 91 and 100 octane options. Sorry for the confusion guys. Thomas if I remember correctly your car did awesome and had the highest numbers of the day (all cars numbers looked low that day) at the Harman Motive dyno day which was a completely independent test. On a Pump file too. All of our other SG700 guys seem very happy. Let's just move on. Again I am happy for you!

Here is the thread... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ghlight=harman

Thanks guys,

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 07-11-2008 at 01:59 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 07-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Andrew,

I was unfamiliar with the locked thread until you linked to it. Frankly, I don't see why a response was necessary but, since you have elected to open up Pandora's Box, I will share my experiences on the subjects raised by your post.

I find it ironic that you are inviting customers to contact GIAC directly. Previously, GIAC's telephone number was a closely guarded secret. Moreover, and more to the point, both you and Garret personally told me (in face to face exchanges) that GIAC will not interact directly with customers and, if I am having an issue, I must go through whomever sold me the program. I applaud your change of policy and new willingness to take personal responsibility for your products – I wish you had been similarly oriented when I was in need of assistance.

As to your products, I have had mixed results. In my original, lower HP set-ups, your programs worked fabulously (infinitely better than the crap programs I received from another board sponsor). Frankly, I should have stayed at that power level. However, when I endeavored to increase my HP, your programs were not satisfactory. I will not go through the litany of programming problems that I encountered, but suffice it to say that the road was anything but smooth.

I do not know what precipitated the cessation of your relationship with EVOMS. However, I am informed that there are two sides to the story and one side disagrees with your characterization of the events. Regardless, I do not see the need for GIAC to publicly air its dirty laundry with EVOMS in a thread started by GIAC two days after the prior discussion had ceased.

In the end, it appears that the cessation of GIAC's dealings with EVOMS has been a win-win for both parties. As evidenced by this thread, GIAC has plenty of other satisfied vendors who are happy to take up the slack. GIAC offers solid mid-HP programs that I was very satisfied with (thanks Sambo). Meanwhile, I am informed that EVOMS has done some amazing in-house programming (more to follow on this). Everyone is happy, so lets move on.

Thats my UNofficial response.

Craig

Old 07-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I am not even a GIAC dealer. But much respect to GIAC for pointing out the obvious. It is a HUGE conflict of interest for a moderator to be a vendor as well.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:35 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
No vendor should be a moderator on this or any forum. It should be a third party!

Old 07-11-2008, 03:36 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
I am not even a GIAC dealer. But much respect to GIAC for pointing out the obvious. It is a HUGE conflict of interest for a moderator to be a vendor as well.
Well, I think it's pretty crappy to copy others products....but hate to point out the obvious.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:04 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Craig, once again it is a pleasure to read your fact based responses that articulate your position with a positive S.P.I.N. If only others could learn that the word is a mighty sword that can cut to the bone, we all could effectively communicate better!! Kuddos, brother!

Old 07-11-2008, 04:41 PM
LandMammal is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Well, I think it's pretty crappy to copy others products....but hate to point out the obvious.
+1

Old 07-11-2008, 05:32 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
seriously, this $hit is making my decision to get a flash sooo much harder as I had been going back and forth between both parties. I've met Garret (so I know he exists) at Dynospot a long *** time ago Then the RSS meet had me very interested in the EVOMSit stuff. Maybe I should just split the difference and get a proto flash! decisions, decisions.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Gmoney,

There are so many ways to go it is very hard. You just have to see facts, history and what is going to work for you.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:04 PM
997ttt is infamous around these parts
great!

I think that this information is great.
I am planning a Fabspeed Performance package install with ImageAuto in Kansas City (Stephen) end of this month. ECU flash with GIAC.
I have am getting the feeling that all is not 100% problem free with these flashes. I guess a lot has to do with the additional hardware upgrades in addition to the expertise of the person doing the install.

I have heard great things about ImageAuto and they come highly recommended by Fabspeed (Jeremy).

But getting the GIAC history is interesting. I think that with more competition, they are feeling compelled to start answering their phones and listening to customers. At > $3,500 per flash (probably a very large profit margin), I think that a certain level of customer service should be expected.

However, I think that most 997TT owners best bet is to go with a reputable installer like ImageAuto who has some clout with Fabspeed and GIAC, so that if something does not turn out right, the problem with be solved with Stephen on the phone talking to either Fabspeed or GIAC.

Fabspeed and GIAC would care so much more about what Installers (who are major purchasers of their product) think about their product than an individual 997TT owner who will make a single purchase.

Again, great information. I don't care if it is dirty laundry. I will be spending over almost 10,000 for this upgrade. I want to hear about issues like this.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Former Vendor
Well said,

Things will not always go perfect but it's a lot more complicated than just the tune, exhaust, intake, plenum and so on....A good installer like Stephen would not use either product if he thought it would make him waste time or provide his customer with a bs product. We have done many cars with that exact set up and you will love it!!!

Have a great weekend guys!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official response from GIAC to comments in locked thread 136635...