997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Thunderbolt Raceway Millville NJ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 11:36 AM
sojer is infamous around these parts
Thunderbolt Raceway Millville NJ

how do these tracks work? what is a typical daily fee, how long can you run on the track that day? anyone going soon?

Old 07-13-2008, 01:47 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sojer
how do these tracks work? what is a typical daily fee, how long can you run on the track that day? anyone going soon?
Suggest you join one of the clubs such as Porsche Club of America or Audi Club NA. Both hold driver eduction events including ones this year at Thunderbold (Audi Club New Jersey Chapter is in October and they welcome non-Audis). Alternatively there are probably some groups going...check Motorsportreg.com. If you've not been to a track before go with one of the clubs and get some good instruction. Great time too.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brownan
Suggest you join one of the clubs such as Porsche Club of America or Audi Club NA. Both hold driver eduction events including ones this year at Thunderbold (Audi Club New Jersey Chapter is in October and they welcome non-Audis). Alternatively there are probably some groups going...check Motorsportreg.com. If you've not been to a track before go with one of the clubs and get some good instruction. Great time too.
The PCA will be there Sept 5th-7th and the Audi Club will be there Oct 21-22. I will likely be there for both events.

I saw recent pictures of the progress of both the track and grounds....looks like this will be a fantastic place to drive in years to come.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:09 PM
sojer is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys. I've grown a bit frustrated driving around towns and the local highways. It's like all dressed up and know where to go. Way to much car for the area I live in. I sure as hell don't want to get ticketed either. Nice gift having a track like this 30 miles from my house.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:55 AM
speedy5540 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sojer
Join EMRA or PDA or PCA, there local clubs in NJ and run at all the local tracks..pocono, limerock and now thunderbolt in NJ..I like PDA because the diversity of cars that run in that club is pretty cool..porsche, lambo, bmw, ferrari, vipers, vettes, evos, open wheel race cars, you name it. Usually goes all day, 8 to 4 and ranges from $180 to $300 a day depending in who you signed up with. I usually get over 100 miles a day in track time, although I do it only a couple times a year.