997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Leather Treatment / Cleaning Interior TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 06:19 PM
sojer is infamous around these parts
Leather Treatment / Cleaning Interior TT

Curious what you guys have done if anything to treat or clean the leather in your TT. I heard the matted flat appearance is the desired look of the leather. The leather treatments I've been reasearching all claim to leave a "shine" to the leather.

Last edited by sojer; 07-15-2008 at 06:20 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 07-15-2008, 07:14 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
First I suggest autopia.org for detailing/care questions. Second, realize there are at least two types of leather in a P-car...You have the (1) seating area (parts that come in contact with the body, and you have the (2) decorative areas...dash, door panels, etc. They are prepared differently from the factory...AFAIK. For area 1 you use your typical cleaning solutions which range from diluted soaps to labeled products. For care there is certainly debate as to which products work better and there is argument about retaining the natural oils (which some claim have been removed by the auto mfg.). I have had good luck with the Zaino products for both cleaning and conditioning. For area 2 I suggest not to condition, but protect. These leathers have been through a special process to remove moisture/oils. I recommend 303 Aerospace for UV protection.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:23 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Whatever you use, be careful of the stitches, especially if you have deviated stitching...most leather cleaners/protectants will cause a little bleeding of dye, which will stain the red or yellow deviated stitching (or even the stock silver stitching) a darker color.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
I would go for the leather master products.

its probably the best stuff out there, it will not stain or do anything to the stitching..

Click here for Leather Master

Old 07-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Great, thanks for the web address and the info guys.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
let me know if we can help.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:08 PM
noah677 is infamous around these parts
How about the "suitcase" you buy from porsche with all the porsche products specifically made for the porsche? Makes sense to me. As usual, relatively speaking, it is expensive.

(suitcase is a very nice looking, Strong case with a handle-goes nicely in the "trunk")

Old 07-19-2008, 03:32 PM
sti05ak is infamous around these parts
Zymol is the only thing that touches my car.

www.zymol.com

Old 07-19-2008, 06:56 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
I like Sonus. If you believe the marketing, supposedly developed specifically for Porsche.

http://sonus-usa.com/car-interior-leather-care.html

Old 07-19-2008, 07:35 PM
lamvince is infamous around these partslamvince is infamous around these parts
I think I will try out sonus, looks pretty cool with all the packages

Old 07-19-2008, 08:06 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
i heard Zaino leather in a bottle is amazing - i just ordered it and it arrived yesturday, i have yet to try it out

Old 07-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Refresh Leather Smell

In your experiences, do any of the products enhance the leather smell, naturally or artificially? If artificially, how close is it to the leather smell when your car was delivered? Thanks in advance for your help..

SoJer

Last edited by sojer; 07-27-2008 at 09:38 AM. Reason: proper grammer
Old 07-27-2008, 09:52 AM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
What about Moe at Glistening Perfection also >>>

Old 07-27-2008, 10:00 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sojer
In your experiences, do any of the products enhance the leather smell, naturally or artificially? If artificially, how close is it to the leather smell when your car was delivered? Thanks in advance for your help..

SoJer
This is one of the most important/overlooked things to me. many of the cleaners do have a smell that is not consistent with what the car smelled lilke when new.

It should have no smell and it should smell like a porsche.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:07 PM
roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !
Zaino is great stuff and has a nice leather smell to it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leather Treatment / Cleaning Interior TT